So... here's another idea people wont like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: So... here's another idea people wont like.
(09-05-2015 08:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Curfews - now there's a world I don't want to live in.

Why?
Because you don't want to reduce crime and possibly increase school performance?
But you know, living in a world where people rape and kill eachother and the bottom half of the worlds population is in pretty shitty conditions compared to the top half. And the wars and shit.
Oh but no, 'curfews' are what make you want to go live on the moon...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 10:12 AM
(09-05-2015 09:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 08:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Curfews - now there's a world I don't want to live in.

Why?
Because you don't want to reduce crime and possibly increase school performance?
But you know, living in a world where people rape and kill eachother and the bottom half of the worlds population is in pretty shitty conditions compared to the top half. And the wars and shit.
Oh but no, 'curfews' are what make you want to go live on the moon...

[Image: hes-right.jpg&w=920&h=&zc=1]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I remember a friend getting hauled out of a bowling alley at 17. He had never been in trouble before, his parents just laughed it off.
In the US, if a national curfew were installed and enforced, I imagine it wouldn't be long before someone sued for age discrimination.
I can also see a curfew being used as a way to get around racial profiling.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-05-2015, 10:48 AM
(09-05-2015 10:36 AM)pablo Wrote:  I remember a friend getting hauled out of a bowling alley at 17. He had never been in trouble before, his parents just laughed it off.
In the US, if a national curfew were installed and enforced, I imagine it wouldn't be long before someone sued for age discrimination.
I can also see a curfew being used as a way to get around racial profiling.

Curfews are in place locally all over the US and never once has a Judge overturned it due to "Age discrimination" because that is not a protected status.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-05-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 11:09 AM by GirlyMan.)
(08-05-2015 06:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 06:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Curfews for under 16's.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd discuss.

You don't have those?

Irreverent77, TartarSauce and Girly grew up with that. Most fun of my life. "Hey you kid, stop right there you're outside after curfew." "Catch me if you can piggy." They never caught me. Good times.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2015, 11:07 AM
(09-05-2015 11:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 06:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You don't have those?

Irreverent77, TartarSauce and Girly grew up with that. Most fun of my life. "Hey you kid, stop right there you're outside after curfew." "Catch me if you can piggy." They never caught me. Tongue

If you wasn't up to shit you shouldn't be up to they usually just sent you on your way.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Michigan has had them for years.

10 pm for 12 yoa and under
12 midnite for under 16

http://www.lawrefs.com/michigan-curfews-for-children/

Probably not the worst idea ever. If a kid is just minding his own business - a cop is likely to look the other way -- but, if the kid's doing something stupid - it gives the cop a reason to hold and detain....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-05-2015, 11:53 AM
(09-05-2015 07:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:We had curfews for minors when I was a teen in Central California.

No, it didn't stop me from livin' large.

Because you personally represent every single under 16 ever?

Hey, nice leap of logic there. 7.7, didn't quite stick the landing, as we're to see:

Quote:Because it didn't stop YOU personally it was obviously a complete fail?

So, you're really quick to project assumptions. Here's some advice: think before you post.

I don't think it was a complete failure, the curfew system, and don't disagree with it being in place.

How you my disagreement from my post should be a mystery, but it seems clear to me that you're not really worth the effort, so I'll simply toss off this reply and move on to something more important, like trimming my toenails.

Quote:Son, you're an idiot.

Congratulations, glad you were able to top off your Internet enjoyment by lodging an insult.

Quote:Deterring youth from going out at that time is only part of it. It would also allow police to stop youth out late at night before they cause trouble.

Well, duh. Do you always belabor the obvious?

You have a nice day there, little man.
09-05-2015, 12:20 PM
(09-05-2015 08:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Currently, here anyway, youth gang's can walk around. They see a cop and they just walk and behave but as soon as the cop turns the corner...
A curfew would allow the Police to take action and break up the group before crime is committed.

Besides, there is no reason why a child under 16 should be out after 10pm anyway.

I wouldn't say that's a world I wouldn't want to live in... but that's not the world I have lived in, in many areas around this land. Maybe it's different on The Island. By which I mean, cops don't just let groups turn the corner but insinuate misdeeds without justification. It happens in different ways in different locations all around, but a problem is often giving either side a larger reason to distrust eachother.

Sometimes children out past 10 under 16 is safer for them than being inside at under 16. I've also seen that concept ignored when it comes to following easy set regulations.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-05-2015, 12:48 PM
(09-05-2015 08:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Besides, there is no reason why a child under 16 should be out after 10pm anyway.
Do they need a reason other than that they're a human being? I think a human being should be able to go outside whenever they want. Meh.