So... here's another idea people wont like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: So... here's another idea people wont like.
Curfew for the kiddies. Sure. I'd like to add that anyone under 30 shouldn't be allowed in pubs...or bars of any kind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Quote:Sometimes children out past 10 under 16 is safer for them than being inside at under 16.

This is true but a separate issue and not really a good counter argument for curfews.

Quote:Do they need a reason other than that they're a human being? I think a human being should be able to go outside whenever they want. Meh.

Yeah but you're a cunt so nobody cares what you think. Meh.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-05-2015, 07:16 PM
(09-05-2015 06:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yeah but you're a cunt so nobody cares what you think. Meh.

[Image: 9ba.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
09-05-2015, 07:28 PM

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-05-2015, 08:55 PM
(09-05-2015 11:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Most fun of my life. "Hey you kid, stop right there you're outside after curfew." "Catch me if you can piggy." They never caught me. Good times.

My thoughts exactly. Grew up in a small town with nothing much to do. Playing catch me if you can with the cop was the only reason to be out past curfew. I'm pretty sure he got a kick out of it too, it provided him something to do.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-05-2015, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 09:07 PM by TheGulegon.)
(09-05-2015 04:58 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Curfew for the kiddies. Sure. I'd like to add that anyone under 30 shouldn't be allowed in pubs...or bars of any kind.

Good luck keeping us out! Evil_monster
Tongue

[edit] UNDER 30 he said... maybe I need glasses! Hobo

09-05-2015, 11:10 PM
(09-05-2015 08:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 11:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Most fun of my life. "Hey you kid, stop right there you're outside after curfew." "Catch me if you can piggy." They never caught me. Good times.

My thoughts exactly. Grew up in a small town with nothing much to do. Playing catch me if you can with the cop was the only reason to be out past curfew. I'm pretty sure he got a kick out of it too, it provided him something to do.

I'm pretty sure it satisfied their physical fitness requirements. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Wait. Some of you had curfews? Like curfews enforced by the law? You're joking right? I mean I've known kids to have curfews enforced by their parents but by the law? That's fucked man!
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
10-05-2015, 07:36 PM
(10-05-2015 07:27 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Wait. Some of you had curfews? Like curfews enforced by the law? You're joking right? I mean I've known kids to have curfews enforced by their parents but by the law? That's fucked man!

It's effective, and really kids should not be out all hours of the night. Not really seeing a downside to this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-05-2015, 07:51 PM
(10-05-2015 07:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 07:27 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Wait. Some of you had curfews? Like curfews enforced by the law? You're joking right? I mean I've known kids to have curfews enforced by their parents but by the law? That's fucked man!

It's effective, and really kids should not be out all hours of the night. Not really seeing a downside to this.

Only my experience but where I grew up such a thing was unheard of. I could stay out pretty well as late as I pleased. But then I grew up in a small town where everybody knew if you were shitting.
I spent a lot of time in the woods as a kid and camped a lot. Probably couldn't do that if there was a curfew. I couldn't imagine a curfew on May 24th weekend. Some mentioned evading the police. I did that so as not to be caught drinking. Those were fun times.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post