So, how 'bout hockey, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
So, how 'bout hockey, eh?
Okay, so the thread title is a little lame... But, what with all the Canadians hanging round this site, it was bound to happen.
So, we're approaching reg. season 2010/11! I'm starting to get pumped already! So, for those who are interested, who is/are your favourite team(s) in the NHL? And what do you predict the outcome of this season is going to be?

Staying true to my home province, I'm a Canucks fan, and although they've had a fairly dismal start so far this year, I'm remaining optimistic!

However, reality has to eventually take hold, and I'm guessing that some American team who previously did nothing amazing is going to swoop in and annihilate everybody. Call me a cynic (or a conspiracy theorist Tongue) but I think the NHL is rigged to create more fans/viewers (and thus more profits) in the US; because no matter how badly a team does *cough*Toronto*cough*, there will still be die-hard fans in Canada, and tickets will always sell out months in advance up here; but that's not the case in the US. Maybe some Americans can lend some credibility to (or completely debunk) this theory?

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM

RE: So, how 'bout hockey, eh?
I'm a Flyers fan..

I'm already in one Fantasy Hockey League.. If there is enough interest, I'd be down for a TTA fantasy league.
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Die hard*cough*cough*Toronto Maple Leaf Fan here. Been one since I was a kid and never changed. I am always for the underdogs.
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM

Columbus Blue Jackets!!! (Yes that is an NHL team) Look out for us this year we're after that eighth place spot in the West!
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Capitals. Screw you and your Canucks.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
02-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I get rejected for not watching hockey by fellow Canadians to the same degree that atheists are rejected by the church for not believing in God. It's quite amusing. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against hockey, I just never got into it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
(02-10-2010 09:11 PM)Mindprowler Wrote:  I get rejected for not watching hockey by fellow Canadians to the same degree that atheists are rejected by the church for not believing in God. It's quite amusing. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against hockey, I just never got into it.

I'm sorry, but the Hockey Gods demand that any Canadian who does not enjoy hockey must be stoned to death with a frozen puck!

Wait a moment... That might be a different god I'm thinking of Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula