So... how 'bout that private police force eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 11:10 PM
So... how 'bout that private police force eh?
So... how 'bout it?
I'm gonna assume everyone is against it because you lot haven't actually thought it through and are all anti-business douche bag leftist commie bastards.

So in the spirit of bipartisanship I will offer up my thoughts on the matter.

I think private companies could completely take over traffic control (speeding tickets and shit). And could possibly, along side a public police force, jump on the war on drugs bandwagon.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: So... how 'bout that private police force eh?
(13-04-2015 11:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think private companies could completely take over traffic control (speeding tickets and shit). And could possibly, along side a public police force, jump on the war on drugs bandwagon.

Because the for-profit prison system has been such a resounding success for the public good... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-04-2015, 11:21 PM
(13-04-2015 11:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think private companies could completely take over traffic control (speeding tickets and shit). And could possibly, along side a public police force, jump on the war on drugs bandwagon.

Because the for-profit prison system has been such a resounding success for the public good... Dodgy

I thought that was gonna come up.
Prisons are different to speeding tickets. If you speed and get caught you get issued a ticket and some demerits on your licence and that's it. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or a private cop doing that.

Prisons are different because rehabilitation and shit.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-04-2015, 11:30 PM
(13-04-2015 11:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the for-profit prison system has been such a resounding success for the public good... Dodgy

Prisons are different to speeding tickets. If you speed and get caught you get issued a ticket and some demerits on your licence and that's it. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or a private cop doing that.

What if a private cop pulls over a nutjob who starts shooting?
13-04-2015, 11:42 PM
I don't like that idea. I've yet to meet a private security person that wasn't a total douche.

The only people worse are the ones that think it's the answer to all the ills.
Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Next thing you know, those private cops will be pulling people off of their bikes for no reason. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
13-04-2015, 11:47 PM
(13-04-2015 11:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't like that idea. I've yet to meet a private security person that wasn't a total douche.

The only people worse are the ones that think it's the answer to all the ills.
Tongue

Seems like lately the cops are total douches, too. Still. Dumb idea, muffs.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-04-2015, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2015 12:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-04-2015 11:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because the for-profit prison system has been such a resounding success for the public good... Dodgy

No, the point being that you do not want a profit motive behind servicing the law. Put a private corporation beholden to share-holders in charge of the issuing and collection of citations and fines, and they're now incentivized to issue more citations to increase the revenue from fines. Now the system isn't there to serve deterrence or safety or the public good, now it's there to generate profits. It is this aspect which they share with for-profit prisons, their pursuit of profit at the expense of the public good masquerading as a public service.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Ah, yeah...the old let's put a profit motive into law enforcement. Where the fuck have I seen that recently? Oh, yeah.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...tml#page=1

Quote:Chicago's red light camera scandal deepened Wednesday with the federal indictment of a former Redflex Traffic Systems CEO on charges she and a top City Hall manager conspired to rig the camera business for a decade.

Karen Finley, one of several Redflex executives dumped amid the scandal, was indicted along with former city official John Bills and a longtime Bills friend accused of being the bagman in a $2 million bribery scheme that ran from 2002 until 2012, when the Tribune first disclosed Bills' ties to the company.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
14-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Back in the day when my ex was on patrol he had to do traffic stops - they're actually quite dangerous. You'd have to be doing 20mph over or greater for him to write anything other than a warning, or be a total dick during the stop (unless it were a school zone). His preference was pulling over expired tags - you can't renew your tag when you have a warrant for your arrest. He made some major arrests that way...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post