So in my classes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2011, 11:38 PM
RE: So in my classes
(01-03-2011 08:22 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  Maybe THEY are why America is 15th or 16th in the world in education

MAYBE????? Maybe the ocean is full of water. You might win the "Understatement of the Year Award" for that one.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
(01-03-2011 08:22 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(27-02-2011 10:53 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Descartes was the one I meant as the example thanks for the name Magnet. I don't generally discuss philosophers that often so occasionally I will get confused with names.
Hey, that's why I'm here. Smile I love philosophy and want to spread the love.
(27-02-2011 08:30 PM)Kar98 Wrote:  
(26-02-2011 04:02 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  I didn't even know you had direct experience. And they are arguing with you? Talk about your armchair quarterbacks. Good luck with the degree man.

Not only are they arguing, they fucking lose, ADMIT they did lose and then smugly say "oh well, I guess we're just hypocrites then" and continue to persist to believe and further their nonsense.
.......Maybe THEY are why America is 15th or 16th in the world in education

I do wish my country was ranked higher.Just another reason to kick religion out. As I mentioned before we are the most religious industrialized country Confused
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
(27-02-2011 10:53 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Descartes was the one I meant as the example thanks for the name Magnet. I don't generally discuss philosophers that often so occasionally I will get confused with names.

Monty Python to the rescue!

"Haven't you got any romance in your soul?"
"No," said Granny. "I ain't. And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and no one doesn't get burnt who sticks their hand in a fire."

- Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad