Poll: Are you progressive, do you think most here are and do you think conservatives may be uncomfortable here?
I identify as progressive, I think most people here are also progressive and yes I do think conservatives probably feel uncomfortable sharing their political views here.
I identify as progressive, I think most people here are also progressive but I doubt if conservatives actually feel uncomfortable sharing their political views here.
I identify as progressive but I doubt if most people here are also progressive and regardless I doubt if conservatives feel uncomfortable about sharing their political views here.
I identify as progressive but I doubt if most people here are also progressive and regardless conservatives probably do feel uncomfortable about sharing their political views here.
I identify as conservative but I think most people here are progressive, and I do in fact feel uncomfortable sharing my political views here.
I identify as conservative but I think most people here are progressive, and I at least do not feel uncomfortable sharing my political views here.
I identify as conservative but I don't think most people here are progressive, and I do in fact feel uncomfortable sharing my political views.
I identify as conservative but I don't think most people here are progressive, and I at least do not feel uncomfortable sharing my political views.
[Show Results]

So is this site also predominantly progressive rather than conservative politically?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 06:59 AM
So is this site also predominantly progressive rather than conservative politically?
It's also worth noting that a lot of conservatives may feel discouraged about posting anything online these days with the GOP having elected fucking Trump. By default of being on the right end of the political spectrum, there is an expectation that they'll have to defend trump and his Bs. And I get that the Mango Mussolini isn't a "typical conservative," but they elected him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: So is this site also predominantly progressive rather than conservative politically?
(03-07-2017 06:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Mango Mussolini

Keeping it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-07-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: So is this site also predominantly progressive rather than conservative politically?
(03-07-2017 06:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's also worth noting that a lot of conservatives may feel discouraged about posting anything online these days with the GOP having elected fucking Trump. By default of being on the right end of the political spectrum, there is an expectation that they'll have to defend trump and his Bs. And I get that the Mango Mussolini isn't a "typical conservative," but they elected him

I don't get why some people have to go all-in one way or the other. That's sort of like religion. It makes more sense to me to present sensible, thought out views on each subject regardless of whether they fit neatly into a category. I suppose someone who is agreeing with everything a certain party/side churns out has just given up thinking.

I'm not saying everyone does this, of course.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
(03-07-2017 06:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 06:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd go so far as to say one cannot fully appreciate the value of meaning without being a nihilist.

I'd go that far too.

So, what about the meaning of value?

Consider

We'd be better served to first define "meaning".

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-07-2017, 08:07 PM
(03-07-2017 06:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 06:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'd go that far too.

So, what about the meaning of value?

Consider

We'd be better served to first define "meaning".

Meaning that ... what's the meaning of meaning? Unsure

Epiphany: Consciousness is tautological.

Ohmy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-07-2017, 08:27 PM
(03-07-2017 11:03 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 06:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's also worth noting that a lot of conservatives may feel discouraged about posting anything online these days with the GOP having elected fucking Trump. By default of being on the right end of the political spectrum, there is an expectation that they'll have to defend trump and his Bs. And I get that the Mango Mussolini isn't a "typical conservative," but they elected him

I don't get why some people have to go all-in one way or the other. That's sort of like religion. It makes more sense to me to present sensible, thought out views on each subject regardless of whether they fit neatly into a category. I suppose someone who is agreeing with everything a certain party/side churns out has just given up thinking.

That is why we need a multi party system like so many countries have. The parties have to get together and form cross party compromises before they are big enough to win elections. Lots of views are represented in government that way.

And it prevents this partisanship idiocy.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
03-07-2017, 11:39 PM
(03-07-2017 08:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Epiphany: Consciousness is tautological.

Yup. Hence Gwynnies.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-07-2017, 06:20 AM
(03-07-2017 11:03 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  

I suppose for a lot of people it is easier to support a party than to inform oneself on individual issues.

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-07-2017, 07:35 AM
(04-07-2017 06:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I suppose for a lot of people it is easier to support a party than to inform oneself on individual issues.

Lucky for me I support the Democratic positions on most individual issues.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
04-07-2017, 07:38 AM
(04-07-2017 07:35 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 06:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I suppose for a lot of people it is easier to support a party than to inform oneself on individual issues.

Lucky for me I support the Democratic positions on most individual issues.

Hobo

Me too. Thumbsup

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post