So it's been a while, huh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Rainbow So it's been a while, huh?
Hi friends!

It's been a while since I've spent any time around these boards. But that doesn't mean I don't think about all of you! When I was here a lot in 2011 and 2012, all of you were so very supportive while I was just digging out of my religious cocoon. It was incredibly helpful to have a community like this around. So what have I been up to you ask? Actually, I'm sure you didn't lol, but I'm going to share anyway.

Then, as those walls of religion started to fall away, I began to understand myself more and more. First it was accepting my own bisexuality. I spent a lot of time just being not religious anymore, and trying not to hide and suppress my thoughts and feelings. And I'd spent time debating religion with my dad. Reading and contributing here, and then later on reddit.

And then, as the repression cocoon was unraveling, I've come to understand that I was dealing with some serious gender identity issues.

I don't know how long I repressed this part of myself, but I suspect it was all of my life. On recognizing my gender issues, before coming, I started to look at my own thought patterns and self-loathing. My wife recognized that I was depressed, and that it was time to do something. After some time and thought, I finally recognized that I am transgender, and I have begun my transition.

Since then, I've been on anti-depressants and started to feel better. I've been in therapy as well. That's really been helpful to address both depression and anxiety. And I've started on hormone therapy as of February, and that has been fantastic. I feel so much better knowing I'm doing something, and I'm not hiding from myself anymore. I'm also getting involved in a friend's local political race- so I'm having some fun with that.

Every so often I like to come back and engage here, but I think not often enough! I don't spend a lot of time posting anywhere other than here. Occasionally I'll post on reddit, but mostly I just lurk.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well! I'm curious to hear about you all. Also, let me know if you have any questions for me!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Emma's post
06-10-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: So it's been a while, huh?
Good for you! It probably sounds a little silly but I'm proud of you for living the life and going for it!

Awesome!

Same shit different day with me. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Thumbs Up RE: So it's been a while, huh?
(06-10-2015 11:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Good for you! It probably sounds a little silly but I'm proud of you for living the life and going for it!

Awesome!

Same shit different day with me. Hug

Thanks! Hug back! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Good to see that you are happy and healthy and coming into your own.

Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Yabut, who are you? :-)

Glad you are happy and living the dream.

Good to have another positive influence on the boards again.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2015, 01:02 PM
(06-10-2015 12:38 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yabut, who are you? :-)

Glad you are happy and living the dream.

Good to have another positive influence on the boards again.

lol, I'm not anybody. .Unsure

Just someone who used to frequent these ol' forums here.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Welcome back, Mr. and Ms. Kineo! Tongue

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
06-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Well...when you make a re-entrance...it'a grand re-entrance! WOW!

Good to see you back...you have been missed.

Best of luck to you with all the changes in your life. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-10-2015, 05:36 PM
よこそう

あなたのよこそう鰭脚類

[Image: article-1330666-0C1EE1CB000005DC-160_634x513.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-10-2015, 02:29 PM
(06-10-2015 05:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  よこそう

あなたのよこそう鰭脚類

Sooo I couldn't get anything meaningful on google translate. And it's been several years since I was learning Japanese and gave up because I had no one to talk to and practice with. So what does this mean? Huh

Sorry! Big Grin