So long, Gore Vidal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 08:51 AM
So long, Gore Vidal
I thought that this was worth mentioning here.

In Memoriam: Gore Vidal, atheist, humanist, intellectual

"Great American intellect and freethinker Gore Vidal is dead. Vidal, 86, celebrated writer, cultural critic, atheist and honorary president of the American Humanist Association, died of pneumonia at his Hollywood Hills home on Tuesday, July 31."

Gore Vidal: In quotes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Red Celt's post
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: So long, Gore Vidal
Buckley v. Vidal 1968 was pugilism at its best. I was 6 yo when I first watched this. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh yea - I remember that too! I didn't understand as a kid, but as an adult, it's freakin' hilarious! I love that crazy smile on Vidal's face... he realized he really pushed Buckley's button there... fucker was a nazi. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 08:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-08-2012 08:02 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh yea - I remember that too! I didn't understand as a kid, but as an adult, it's freakin' hilarious! I love that crazy smile on Vidal's face... he realized he really pushed Buckley's button there... fucker was a nazi. Thumbsup

Somebody sent me the Lily Tomlin thing with her doing the "operator", from back then. Was the Mr. Viddle, in the skit, supposed to be Gore Vidal ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9e3dTOJi0o

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)