So long, then

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Heart So long, then
Just a wee note to say bubbye.

I'm not leaving for the whims or demands of a woman (cough)Atothetheist(/cough), to reappear a few days later. So it is safe (for those of you who feel like doing so) to crack out the champagne and adorn your extremities with bunting.

Nope. I'm leaving because the moderators in TTA don't know how to moderate. Or, more correctly, some of the moderators don't know how to moderate. Erxomai... Hughsie... Deep Thought...

Give a little person just the littlest amount of power...

[Image: james-dewar-404_678592c.jpg]

...and watch them suck themselves off as they exercise it.

What exacerbated the situation was when one bad moderator made their bad decision... other bad moderators decided to pile on in on top of them. There was a discussion the other day about the definition of the word bully. Erxomai was the one who didn't understand what the definition meant. The irony of that shouldn't be lost on you, as his woeful attempts at moderation included the inability to understand what "spam" means, or "lie"... or "bait". When not on TTA, he really should grab a dictionary.

And grow an ethical spine in his spineless frame.

I'd hoped for a bit of clarity from Stark Raving today, but sadly that didn't happen. Yes, the moderators had piled into me. Yes, they can do that, because moderators are allowed to be cunts, too.

Which is a strange definition of an ideal moderator (to me, personally). You should be able to divorce your feelings from an individual when moderating, else you shouldn't be moderating in the first place.

So I'm buggering off. My desire is for a place of communication where the thoughts themselves take precedence... not where a popularity competition wins the day. I'll always lose in one of those. I don't care what people think of me. I suggest that more of you do the same, one day. Honesty is much more easily obtained if you're not hiding behind a mask of civility 24/7. But if honesty isn't your thing, then keep on hiding behind your mask.

[Image: chimpgrooming.jpg]

Time and time again, internet forums take on the appearance of a natural history documentary. I can basically hear David Attenborough narrating, half the time, as various figures manoeuvre themselves in a pecking order of authority and reciprocal grooming.

Why yes, people will stick up for a moderator. Brownie points have value, whereas telling someone stupid that they did something stupid won't win you any points. Oh no... they'll be held against you. So, choose very carefully who you do and do not award rep points to. Be mindful of whose posts you like and those you don't. Pick out the head lice of a popular person and you, too, will gain popularity.

Or you could just fucking evolve and treat someone's ideas on the basis of the actual ideas. Touch the obelisk, people...

Now, cue the comments of hatred while one chimpanzee manoeuvres them self to a higher pecking order. Someone make a crack about them getting out the champagne and bunting, while including an image of one or both of them. Or just click like on this post, as if you can prove me wrong by doing the exact opposite of your primate brain's instinctual path.

Have fun without me. TTA just became a great deal duller... and less honest.

Oh, and an extra special hug and bubbye to those of you who made this place special. I'd say that you know who you are, but you probably don't... which is why you're extra special. Will miss you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: So long, then
Is there a chance you'd come back?

Atothetheist did.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 04:18 PM
So long, then
I appreciate your display of honesty by deleting all the posts that showed what an ass you were. That's good on you, bro. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 8 users Like Erxomai's post
28-08-2012, 04:18 PM
(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Just a wee note to say bubbye.

I'm not leaving for the whims or demands of a woman (cough)Atothetheist(/cough), to reappear a few days later. So it is safe (for those of you who feel like doing so) to crack out the champagne and adorn your extremities with bunting.

Nope. I'm leaving because the moderators in TTA don't know how to moderate. Or, more correctly, some of the moderators don't know how to moderate. Erxomai... Hughsie... Deep Thought...

What exacerbated the situation was when one bad moderator made their bad decision... other bad moderators decided to pile on in on top of them. There was a discussion the other day about the definition of the word bully. Erxomai was the one who didn't understand what the definition meant. The irony of that shouldn't be lost on you, as his woeful attempts at moderation included the inability to understand what "spam" means, or "lie"... or "bait". When not on TTA, he really should grab a dictionary.

I'd hoped for a bit of clarity from Stark Raving today, but sadly that didn't happen. Yes, the moderators had piled into me. Yes, they can do that, because moderators are allowed to be cunts, too.

Which is a strange definition of an ideal moderator (to me, personally). You should be able to divorce your feelings from an individual when moderating, else you shouldn't be moderating in the first place.

So I'm buggering off. My desire is for a place of communication where the thoughts themselves take precedence... not where a popularity competition wins the day. I'll always lose in one of those. I don't care what people think of me. I suggest that more of you do the same, one day. Honesty is much more easily obtained if you're not hiding behind a mask of civility 24/7. But if honesty isn't your thing, then keep on hiding behind your mask.

Time and time again, internet forums take on the appearance of a natural history documentary. I can basically hear David Attenborough narrating, half the time, as various figures manoeuvre themselves in a pecking order of authority and reciprocal grooming.

Why yes, people will stick up for a moderator. Brownie points have value, whereas telling someone stupid that they did something stupid won't win you any points. Oh no... they'll be held against you. So, choose very carefully who you do and do not award rep points to. Be mindful of whose posts you like and those you don't. Pick out the head lice of a popular person and you, too, will gain popularity.

Or you could just fucking evolve and treat someone's ideas on the basis of the actual ideas. Touch the obelisk, people...

Now, cue the comments of hatred while one chimpanzee manoeuvres them self to a higher pecking order. Someone make a crack about them getting out the champagne and bunting, while including an image of one or both of them. Or just click like on this post, as if you can prove me wrong by doing the exact opposite of your primate brain's instinctual path.

Oh, and an extra special hug and bubbye to those of you who made this place special. I'd say that you know who you are, but you probably don't... which is why you're extra special. Will miss you.

I don't know if to be sad, or mad that he mentioned me in a post?

I don't know about if I, or anybody else, could be considerd the specials you talked about, but you certainly were fun while you were here.

Good bye, Crow.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
28-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I think you over reacted. Its not the first time you've done it here. From reading what's lefts of the thread you butchered you came off like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
28-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Well... I really didn't know the fella.. *shrugs* good luck to whoever you were.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
28-08-2012, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 04:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Just a wee note to say bubbye. ... And grow an ethical spine in his spineless frame.

Or you could just grow a hide and stay. ... I mean I like you here. ... Even if you ain't fucking Clan Fraser.

(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  I'd hoped for a bit of clarity from Stark Raving today, but sadly that didn't happen.

Stark made clear what he did and why he did it and I agree. His rationale seemed clear and considered to me.

(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  My desire is for a place of communication where the thoughts themselves take precedence...

Let me know if you find a better place than this for that. ... Kinda like why Girly's still here.... Not many other places out there.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Red Celt you are the living definition of an asshat. Shows what all of that internet experience does for you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
28-08-2012, 04:25 PM
(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Just a wee note to say bubbye.

I hate to see you go. I liked your honesty.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
28-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I've never really talked to you Red, nor do I have a deep desire to. But reading over on what this is about, honestly I'm not sad to see you go. I'd like to publicly thank you for my signature, however your recent actions have shown me that you are rather... immature, and now cowardly.

Goodbye.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 3 users Like Question's post