So long, then

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: So long, then
(28-08-2012 06:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  A2, no need for concern. Erxy is well compensated by the Admin Plan so I am unfazed by any shit that comes my way. (At least publicly. Smile )

Thanks for asking, bud. Heart

Yeah, what with the corporate jet, the expense account, limo, 'personal staff', and golden parachute, we needn't worry about a few hurt feelings.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2012, 06:39 PM
(28-08-2012 04:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Just a wee note to say bubbye.

I'm not leaving for the whims or demands of a woman (cough)Atothetheist(/cough), to reappear a few days later. So it is safe (for those of you who feel like doing so) to crack out the champagne and adorn your extremities with bunting.

Nope. I'm leaving because the moderators in TTA don't know how to moderate. Or, more correctly, some of the moderators don't know how to moderate. Erxomai... Hughsie... Deep Thought...

Give a little person just the littlest amount of power...

[Image: james-dewar-404_678592c.jpg]

...and watch them suck themselves off as they exercise it.

What exacerbated the situation was when one bad moderator made their bad decision... other bad moderators decided to pile on in on top of them. There was a discussion the other day about the definition of the word bully. Erxomai was the one who didn't understand what the definition meant. The irony of that shouldn't be lost on you, as his woeful attempts at moderation included the inability to understand what "spam" means, or "lie"... or "bait". When not on TTA, he really should grab a dictionary.

And grow an ethical spine in his spineless frame.

I'd hoped for a bit of clarity from Stark Raving today, but sadly that didn't happen. Yes, the moderators had piled into me. Yes, they can do that, because moderators are allowed to be cunts, too.

Which is a strange definition of an ideal moderator (to me, personally). You should be able to divorce your feelings from an individual when moderating, else you shouldn't be moderating in the first place.

So I'm buggering off. My desire is for a place of communication where the thoughts themselves take precedence... not where a popularity competition wins the day. I'll always lose in one of those. I don't care what people think of me. I suggest that more of you do the same, one day. Honesty is much more easily obtained if you're not hiding behind a mask of civility 24/7. But if honesty isn't your thing, then keep on hiding behind your mask.

[Image: chimpgrooming.jpg]

Time and time again, internet forums take on the appearance of a natural history documentary. I can basically hear David Attenborough narrating, half the time, as various figures manoeuvre themselves in a pecking order of authority and reciprocal grooming.

Why yes, people will stick up for a moderator. Brownie points have value, whereas telling someone stupid that they did something stupid won't win you any points. Oh no... they'll be held against you. So, choose very carefully who you do and do not award rep points to. Be mindful of whose posts you like and those you don't. Pick out the head lice of a popular person and you, too, will gain popularity.

Or you could just fucking evolve and treat someone's ideas on the basis of the actual ideas. Touch the obelisk, people...

Now, cue the comments of hatred while one chimpanzee manoeuvres them self to a higher pecking order. Someone make a crack about them getting out the champagne and bunting, while including an image of one or both of them. Or just click like on this post, as if you can prove me wrong by doing the exact opposite of your primate brain's instinctual path.

Have fun without me. TTA just became a great deal duller... and less honest.

Oh, and an extra special hug and bubbye to those of you who made this place special. I'd say that you know who you are, but you probably don't... which is why you're extra special. Will miss you.

[deleted]

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
28-08-2012, 06:41 PM
So long, then
(28-08-2012 06:25 PM)Leela Wrote:  Huh what happened???
I had no problem with that guy, I don't think that the moderators here are power struck.

Good. It's good to know that our plans haven't been discovered by you yet. But fear not, we still have a few schemes for which we can use you later.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-08-2012, 06:50 PM
C ya, RC Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
28-08-2012, 06:58 PM
This is a dark day for the forum. There has already been an incident over in the 'To my husband:' thread.
28-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Damn, I miss the drama when I have to be at work...working.

But I do know that banning isn't something done lightly around here, so I have to assume there was good reason.

Move on...new day...another ass will come along soon enough.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-08-2012, 07:10 PM
(28-08-2012 06:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 06:25 PM)Leela Wrote:  Huh what happened???
I had no problem with that guy, I don't think that the moderators here are power struck.

Good. It's good to know that our plans haven't been discovered by you yet. But fear not, we still have a few schemes for which we can use you later.

I'd imagine the forum drunkard isn't apart of that plan.. I dont' blame them.. I wouldn't include me in a scheme either...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
28-08-2012, 07:18 PM
So long, then
(28-08-2012 07:10 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 06:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Good. It's good to know that our plans haven't been discovered by you yet. But fear not, we still have a few schemes for which we can use you later.

I'd imagine the forum drunkard isn't apart of that plan.. I dont' blame them.. I wouldn't include me in a scheme either...

Drew, you have nooooooo idea. Evil_monster

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-08-2012, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 11:52 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I would just like to point out my masterful style of moderating. By ignoring disputes in threads and completely refraining from even logging in for days at a time, I plant a seed in the disputers head. He wonders, "Why? Why am I being ignored my the mods? It eats at him until his sense of self-worth is dashed and he realizes, 'I really AM a douche.'"

Dynamite moderating yet again, Buddy Christ. Resolve through apathy.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 6 users Like Buddy Christ's post
29-08-2012, 12:42 AM
dude, wtf.

Now who the fuck am I gonna banter back and forward with about communism v capitalism??

Oh wait, Filox is still around. All good, crisis averted. Carry on.

I haven't read the shit that went down (because if you haven't noticed, I've been away for the last 4 or 5 days, long story we'll work out the "alibies" later) but I think people are probable overreacting a tad.
I mean sure the guy was pretty stubborn, and sure he had incorrect views about how the economy should be run, and sure he was a bit of an 'asshat' at times, but still. Perhaps the mods were being a little 'bulling'? Usually these things have a grain of truth, I mean people don't flip shit like this unless they feel they have a good reason.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How long after posting is the option to Edit removed? PoolBoyG 1 121 23-08-2013 03:34 AM
Last Post: DeepThought