So my Mum had an Op today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 02:05 AM
RE: So my Mum had an Op today.
yes, fuck cancer...
I hope the morphin helps the pain well, pains on and in the head are the worst to my knowledge. If she is a bit whiny because of the pain and the change that has been made to her body, giver her a hug and a kiss.
"Get well soon" to your mom!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 03:32 PM
She's doing well. They gave her different painkillers which she says help alot.

They also gave her liver an ultrasound and a chest X-ray. Apparently that's something they do with that type of cancer. Both came back clear. Which means it never spread from that lump In her eye, or it was benign either way it's better to be safe than sorry. so there should be no future problems.

Shes cheerful, even made a comment about how i've not bought her the pirate hat and eye patch I joked about a few days ago Big Grin. I may have found a future pastafarian convert.
Her eye is pretty swollen, which is to be expected. But she should be getting out tomorow.

Thanks for the posts everyone I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome. Smile

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
31-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Sure glad to hear that is hasn't spread...that's great news!

Halloween is coming up...get her a pirate hat and patch, should be easy to find and will probably bring a great laugh.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
(31-08-2012 03:32 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  She's doing well. They gave her different painkillers which she says help alot.

They also gave her liver an ultrasound and a chest X-ray. Apparently that's something they do with that type of cancer. Both came back clear. Which means it never spread from that lump In her eye, or it was benign either way it's better to be safe than sorry. so there should be no future problems.

Shes cheerful, even made a comment about how i've not bought her the pirate hat and eye patch I joked about a few days ago Big Grin. I may have found a future pastafarian convert.
Her eye is pretty swollen, which is to be expected. But she should be getting out tomorow.

Thanks for the posts everyone I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome. Smile

Good news Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
15-09-2012, 09:27 AM
How's Mum doing?
15-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Best to your mum and keep us updated. Hug

Fuck cancer - agreed!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with college.

She's doing well, and doesn't seem to be in pain. The swelling has gone completely.

The only problem she seems to have had is that the part that makes it look like an eye and not just a white ball, kept falling out. the one they gave her during the op, was too big.

She's been given a replacement. It's only temporary for about 8 weeks and then she should get the permanent part, which is a replica of her real eye. I've not actualy seen it out but I'd imagine it's similar to a contact lens since it's removable.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
15-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Hoping that she continues to recover quickly.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-09-2012, 12:30 PM
(15-09-2012 10:22 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  She's been given a replacement. It's only temporary for about 8 weeks and then she should get the permanent part, which is a replica of her real eye. I've not actualy seen it out but I'd imagine it's similar to a contact lens since it's removable.

It sounds as if she's adjusting well. She must be anxious to get life back to a more normal state - probably tired of people fucking with her. Very understandable.

Those artificial eyes... if they are like a contact lens, they must do them differently these days - more high tech, I suppose. They used to be made of glass and to me, they were always very precise and quite beautiful - like jewels.

The eyes are a very psychologically sensitive and vulnerable area of the body. Your Mom is so brave to make such difficult decisions regarding her health. It's good that she's getting comparable healthcare that respects her strength. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I wonder if they can test the removed eye to determine if the cancer is benign or not?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp