So my friend and I are writting a book.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 02:08 PM by Guy-Fawkes.)
So my friend and I are writting a book.
Hi guys!
First post, so bear with me.
It started off as jokingly stating we were going to write a sequel to "The Bible" but over the past few days we have been brainstorming and think we are really onto something.

Me and my friend are both Atheists, felt I needed to state that.
The protagonist of "The Buy-bull Pt. Dos" (working title) is going to be none other than Jesus M-F'in Christ, and will take place starting at the beginning of America during the revolutionary war and follow him as he watches the injustice committed "in his name".
Considering this is a pseudo-sequel of sorts, it is going to consist of separate "books" comprising several different stories over a 200-ish year period.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of the idea and possibly sound off with some of your own to help two young authors.

Because my friend insists: We claim all rights.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: So my friend and I are writting a book.
(16-11-2013 01:51 PM)Guy-Fawkes Wrote:  Hi guys!
First post, so bear with me.
It started off as jokingly stating we were going to write a sequel to "The Bible" but over the past few days we have been brainstorming and think we are really onto something.

Me and my friend are both Atheists, felt I needed to state that.
The protagonist of "The Buy-bull Pt. Dos" (working title) is going to be none other than Jesus M-F'in Christ, and will take place starting at the beginning of America during the revolutionary war and follow him as he watches the injustice committed "in his name".
Considering this is a pseudo-sequel of sorts, it is going to consist of separate "books" comprising several different stories over a 200-ish year period.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of the idea and possibly sound off with some of your own to help two young authors.

Because my friend insists: We claim all rights.

you really want to be considered a prophet a few centuries from now? I'm just saying, you may cause some problems down the road Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
16-11-2013, 03:55 PM
The Qur'an, or Book of Mormon, are already sequels to the "the Bible". Just like "the Bible" is a sequel to the Torah.

My only objection is making "Jesus" a moral or sympathetic character. He should be played as a doomsday prophet, that preached people to follow him and that the world would end within their lifetimes. Make him Charles Manson, but with super powers. Now THAT'S a story.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
16-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the posts guys!
We don't mind Smile

Not a sympathetic character by any means, just someone who is going to see the events taking place and call people on their BS.

(Something my friends wrote about/for the book)
"How about when Jesus is talking to people, and they don't know he's Jesus of course, he's just like
"So you're telling me...that even though your God tells you not to judge anyone..and that he loves everyone..and that you should love everyone....that you're causing all of this hate and social inequality for homosexuals?"
"And atheists."
"And atheists, of course."
"And muslims."
"Yes, and-"
"And Jews."
Then Jesus just looks at them, like *...really dude? Fucking really*?"
16-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Edit the title, please! It's so ironic!

Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
20-11-2013, 09:18 PM
If you ever need a nice book cover design just send me a message!

Free of charge.