So my mom is getting divorced for the 6th time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 10:36 AM
So my mom is getting divorced for the 6th time.
She wants me to help her move her stuff from her husband's back to her house on Thursday. I'm thinking of telling her she's on her own. I'm not a slave that she can take advantage of everytime she decides she wants a divorce. Should I leave her on her own to teach her a lesson about getting married so many times?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: So my mom is getting divorced for the 6th time.
She's your mother. I'm sure she's watched you do plenty of stupid stuff throughout your life and still always been there for you.

That answer your question?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-04-2012, 10:42 AM
(23-04-2012 10:39 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  She's your mother. I'm sure she's watched you do plenty of stupid stuff throughout your life and still always been there for you.

That answer your question?
Not exactly. She's kicked me out on the street several times and had me arrested 3 times. And my mom is the queen of broken engagements and marriages. She gets engaged with every guy she dates damn near, moves into his house, and eventually divorces/breaks up and expects her kids to help her move every fucking time. I'm tired of it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I guess my question is, will she learn any lessons? She doesn't sound like the type of person who would pick up on sublty.
And, do you want to continue to have a relationship her or would this put an end to things?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-04-2012, 10:50 AM
(23-04-2012 10:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I guess my question is, will she learn any lessons? She doesn't sound like the type of person who would pick up on sublty.
And, do you want to continue to have a relationship her or would this put an end to things?
If I told her I refuse to help her because I'm tired of her flings that wind up in divorce she probably woudln't speak to me for a while. Less than a year I guess. It woudln't really bother me all that much TBH. There are moments when I don't really like my mom enough to care. She'll be sure to turn this all around and make herself look like the victim though so we all pity here and do whatever she wants.

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 10:54 AM
(23-04-2012 10:50 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 10:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I guess my question is, will she learn any lessons? She doesn't sound like the type of person who would pick up on sublty.
If I told her I refuse to help her because I'm tired of her flings that wind up in divorce she probably woudln't speak to me for a while. Less than a year I guess. It woudln't really bother me all that much TBH. There are moments when I don't really like my mom enough to care. She'll be sure to turn this all around and make herself look like the victim though so we all pity here and do whatever she wants.
I don't envy your position. Why not organize a bunch of other people to help her move and then not show up because you "forgot."

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-04-2012, 10:57 AM
(23-04-2012 10:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 10:50 AM)germanyt Wrote:  If I told her I refuse to help her because I'm tired of her flings that wind up in divorce she probably woudln't speak to me for a while. Less than a year I guess. It woudln't really bother me all that much TBH. There are moments when I don't really like my mom enough to care. She'll be sure to turn this all around and make herself look like the victim though so we all pity here and do whatever she wants.
I don't envy your position. Why not organize a bunch of other people to help her move and then not show up because you "forgot."
My sister is the only person I know that would feel even mildly obligated to help. She has a truck too. I have a wife in school on Thursday evening and a 2 year old I take care of while she is there. And I don't have a vehicle. My mom wants my sister to watch my daugther while I use her truck to help my mom move. It's just irritating and just inconvenient enough for me to tell my mom NO.

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Help her out this one last time, but make it evident that this will be the last. Your limit is a half dozen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
23-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I know I don't want to help.

You should guilt KC into. Christians are supposed to help those in need.

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-04-2012, 11:05 AM
(23-04-2012 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know I don't want to help.

You should guilt KC into. Christians are supposed to help those in need.
Intradasting. KC?

-Mark Twain