So my mom is getting divorced for the 6th time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 11:07 AM
RE: So my mom is getting divorced for the 6th time.
(23-04-2012 11:05 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know I don't want to help.

You should guilt KC into. Christians are supposed to help those in need.
Intradasting. KC?
Depends. When is it?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-04-2012, 11:18 AM
(23-04-2012 11:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Help her out this one last time, but make it evident that this will be the last. Your limit is a half dozen.
I think this.

Also, germanyt, can you explain your use of "Intradasting"? I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and now I'm even more confused. In all my years in the internet tubes, I've never heard this before you started saying it here.
23-04-2012, 11:19 AM
(23-04-2012 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Help her out this one last time, but make it evident that this will be the last. Your limit is a half dozen.
I think this.

Also, germanyt, can you explain your use of "Intradasting"? I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and now I'm even more confused. In all my years in the internet tubes, I've never heard this before you started saying it here.
It's Cajun.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-04-2012, 11:23 AM
(23-04-2012 11:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  I think this.

It's Cajun.

Is it spicy?
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
23-04-2012, 11:31 AM
(23-04-2012 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  
I think this.

Just a commonly used meme.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=INTR...1&sk=#x0y0

I think either 4 chan or the bb.com misc started it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 11:37 AM
It comes down to how much you value your relationship and if helping her move is really something taking up a lot of your time in life. How often does this happen? Every other year? I do some things for my family that I don't want to every once in awhile, like help my sister bring crap to the dump for a day, but do it anyway to help and hang out because I value our time. But I wouldn't do this for another family member because I define our relationship differently. It causes me more grief and is too unhealthy of a relationship so I now have clearer boundaries.

Basically, if mom is asking you for stuff that makes you uncomfortable every other week or month then start setting boundaries, but if it's every once in awhile suck it up Smile it sounds to me you may have more of an issue about the marriages? Is it really just about the moving? Cause you could have said you are just sick of helping her move in general in the OP.
23-04-2012, 11:43 AM
(23-04-2012 11:37 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  It comes down to how much you value your relationship and if helping her move is really something taking up a lot of your time in life. How often does this happen? Every other year? I do some things for my family that I don't want to every once in awhile, like help my sister bring crap to the dump for a day, but do it anyway to help and hang out because I value our time. But I wouldn't do this for another family member because I define our relationship differently. It causes me more grief and is too unhealthy of a relationship so I now have clearer boundaries.

Basically, if mom is asking you for stuff that makes you uncomfortable every other week or month then start setting boundaries, but if it's every once in awhile suck it up Smile it sounds to me you may have more of an issue about the marriages? Is it really just about the moving? Cause you could have said you are just sick of helping her move in general in the OP.
I wouldn't care about the divorces if it didn't involve me so much. I'll move her stuff back to her house and 6 months from now she'll be asking me to help her move into the new guy's house. Wedding or not less than a year after that it'll be time for a huge soap opera that involves a move and possibly another police officer and judge. In early 2009 I had to drive an hour after work to meet a constable so I could get her TV and other things back that her ex wouldn't give to her. There is always loads of drama that go along with her relationships.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-04-2012, 12:02 PM
(23-04-2012 11:31 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  I think this.

Just a commonly used meme.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=INTR...1&sk=#x0y0

I think either 4 chan or the bb.com misc started it.

Ah, thanks. I had even looked it up on knowyourmeme before I asked you and they didn't have any info on it. I still don't really get the context. Oh wellz, I'm getting old. Undecided
23-04-2012, 12:15 PM
(23-04-2012 11:43 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:37 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  It comes down to how much you value your relationship and if helping her move is really something taking up a lot of your time in life. How often does this happen? Every other year? I do some things for my family that I don't want to every once in awhile, like help my sister bring crap to the dump for a day, but do it anyway to help and hang out because I value our time. But I wouldn't do this for another family member because I define our relationship differently. It causes me more grief and is too unhealthy of a relationship so I now have clearer boundaries.

I wouldn't care about the divorces if it didn't involve me so much. I'll move her stuff back to her house and 6 months from now she'll be asking me to help her move into the new guy's house. Wedding or not less than a year after that it'll be time for a huge soap opera that involves a move and possibly another police officer and judge. In early 2009 I had to drive an hour after work to meet a constable so I could get her TV and other things back that her ex wouldn't give to her. There is always loads of drama that go along with her relationships.
Ah yes, I see. That would be too much. If it were me I'd do like others say, tell her this time is it then stick to it. Smile
23-04-2012, 12:15 PM
That kind of drama can be exhausting!

Does she have any friends that would help her? Or all they weary from it too?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy