So my mom posted something about the bible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: So my mom posted something about the bible...
(18-04-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Yeah, I'd say your ma is getting an F. Between the bible being a piece of literature/collection of stories instead of an invention and it causing more problems than it solves, I'd fail her. Especially if she didn't state why she thought it created more jobs. How's she think that anyways? More people hired to print the bible?

I don't see how it could create more jobs...unless maybe you're talking about someone becoming a preacher perhaps? Either way, it's caused more harm than good. I'll mention the crusades to her if it comes up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(18-04-2014 05:34 PM)89JeepYJ Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 05:23 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Yeah, I'd say your ma is getting an F. Between the bible being a piece of literature/collection of stories instead of an invention and it causing more problems than it solves, I'd fail her. Especially if she didn't state why she thought it created more jobs. How's she think that anyways? More people hired to print the bible?

I don't see how it could create more jobs...unless maybe you're talking about someone becoming a preacher perhaps? Either way, it's caused more harm than good. I'll mention the crusades to her if it comes up.

AIG makes money off of it, in a dishonest way but still they make money.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Umm....the bible is not an invention Dodgy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-04-2014, 05:45 PM
(18-04-2014 05:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 05:34 PM)89JeepYJ Wrote:  I don't see how it could create more jobs...unless maybe you're talking about someone becoming a preacher perhaps? Either way, it's caused more harm than good. I'll mention the crusades to her if it comes up.

AIG makes money off of it, in a dishonest way but still they make money.

AAaaaa yesss, we can't forget our friends at AIG! And of course all those brilliant people that make money off of religious things such as prayer rugs that even though they say are rugs are really pieces of paper they mail you!

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
18-04-2014, 06:34 PM
(18-04-2014 04:57 PM)89JeepYJ Wrote:  Pretty sure it was more negative than positive

I'd give her a -Z

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-04-2014, 07:08 PM
(18-04-2014 04:57 PM)89JeepYJ Wrote:  Pretty sure it was more negative than positive

Though I guess it all depends on what is meant by "Invention". According to the Oxford Dictionary "Invent" has a definition of
Quote:"Make up (an idea, name, story, etc.), especially so as to deceive"
So in that case yes the bible could be counted as an invention.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Did she really just call the Bible an invention?

[Image: facehoof_display.png]

I for one would say, "books".

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
18-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Following this logic, crime is a benefit to society because it creates police jobs.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Mom gets an F.

I would have answered 'steel'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-04-2014, 07:50 PM
(18-04-2014 07:13 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Did she really just call the Bible an invention?

[Image: facehoof_display.png]

I for one would say, "books".

This here.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post