So my mom posted something about the bible...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 03:05 AM by Charis.)
RE: So my mom posted something about the bible...
Aaaaand this is where I totally lose it and slap her and scream,"NO! Pious answer does not equal correct answer!!! This is not Sunday School, dangit! We do not get stars by our names by answering every question with 'Jesus' and 'Bible' with the most vague 'Filled With the Spirit rather than gray matter' facial expression we can manage!!! You will get the same F that you would get if you sanctimoniously answered 'Jesus' on your algebra quiz!!!" I mean I HATE this! I hated it while in church, and I hate it now! No matter the issue, no matter the dilemma, no matter the question, the answer was some sort of canned "Jesus" or "Bible" or "bless this/bless that" etc with that god-AWFUL Professor Umbridge church-pianist-wearing-her-flowered-sunday-hat expression on their faces!!!!

ok, sorry, I'm done.

Edit: I just realized this was your mother. Please forgive my outburst.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
19-04-2014, 04:00 AM
The Bible is an invention. I mean, it is not true.

In a weird way she is correct. Smartass

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-04-2014, 04:21 AM
A+
It was "invented" for peon crowd control by the elite. And even in this day and age provides employment for thousands of child abuse therapists.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-04-2014, 04:44 AM
Think of all the exercise the Catholic church is getting running around trying to clean house.

And all the mental gymnastics the apologists have to endure to come up with spurious rationalisations.

That there Bible really works up a sweat! Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-04-2014, 09:20 AM
The bible? Wow.

If you ask me, you can't beat soap.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
[+] 1 user Likes Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 09:38 AM
(19-04-2014 04:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The Bible is an invention. I mean, it is not true.

In a weird way she is correct. Smartass

Made up stories do not equal inventions. Fables and fairytales already existed. Books already existed. Not an invention. Absolutely not.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-04-2014, 04:19 PM
(19-04-2014 02:58 AM)Charis Wrote:  Aaaaand this is where I totally lose it and slap her and scream,"NO! Pious answer does not equal correct answer!!! This is not Sunday School, dangit! We do not get stars by our names by answering every question with 'Jesus' and 'Bible' with the most vague 'Filled With the Spirit rather than gray matter' facial expression we can manage!!! You will get the same F that you would get if you sanctimoniously answered 'Jesus' on your algebra quiz!!!" I mean I HATE this! I hated it while in church, and I hate it now! No matter the issue, no matter the dilemma, no matter the question, the answer was some sort of canned "Jesus" or "Bible" or "bless this/bless that" etc with that god-AWFUL Professor Umbridge church-pianist-wearing-her-flowered-sunday-hat expression on their faces!!!!

ok, sorry, I'm done.

Edit: I just realized this was your mother. Please forgive my outburst.

Forgiven. She's still my mother and of course I'll always love her, but it sometimes drives me up the wall when when she has a "God did it" response to a certain situation.
19-04-2014, 04:38 PM
God is not an invention????

Banjo.
19-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Can the Bible be classed as an invention, given all the authors?

Adam as a prototype prolly gives God an N though!Dodgy
20-04-2014, 03:30 AM
I did read your mom's answer with a sarcastic overtone and smiled. She's either a genius or she repeated something she heard from somewhere else, and somehow got it right. From a certain point of view...