So now I'm evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 01:33 PM
So now I'm evil
A local evangelical was asking people to pray for a missionary for practising Christianity in N. Korea and is now in prison serving life with hard labor. N. Korea has stringent rules against Christianity. I mentioned that the man shouldn't have flaunted their laws and he's being used to set an example to others. She didn't like that. Then she had the gall to ask for money to support the Evangelical ship where teens spend two years, spreading the word of god. My sons would have loved a two year cruise at the expense of others-wouldn't we all? Those who were against this were evil. Well honey, I guess I'm evil because you won't be getting any of my money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: So now I'm evil
(29-06-2014 01:33 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  A local evangelical was asking people to pray for a missionary for practising Christianity in N. Korea and is now in prison serving life with hard labor. N. Korea has stringent rules against Christianity. I mentioned that the man shouldn't have flaunted their laws and he's being used to set an example to others. [Snip]

Is the Christian in question North Korean? It makes a difference to my response.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
29-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Nope, American who'd been "spreading the word in S. Korea"
29-06-2014, 06:48 PM
South Korea is quite free. My sister was over there studying for college at a women's school, and she said she was always getting preached to by the other students. Spreading the word does not seem like a difficult thing to do in S. Korea except for language barrier issues.
30-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I guess evangelizing went to the guy's head and tho't he could do the same in N. Korea. He'd have to be deaf and blind to not know the risks of what could happen if caught in N Korea.
30-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah, he probably shouldnt have been doing that.
30-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Should have asked her why God allowed him to be imprisoned in the first place. And why he needs to be reminded to help him.
01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I'd probably get a response that it was the devil's work that put him in prison. This is the same arrogance that got me going with an evang couple who was telling one and all about how the bible condemns gay marriage. Arrogant as hell about it. When I was able to interject I asked them how a gay couple marrying would affect them? Each time they tried to quote the bible I repeated my question. They couldn't deal with my question and and departed.
05-07-2014, 01:13 PM
In 'God Is Not Great' Hitchens says that in speaking to missionaries involved in getting people out of the North had great difficulty in converting people as the refugees saw all to easily, the very obvious similarities between the Christian god and the Kim dynasty.

I'd be interested in what the missionary was actually doing in the North - I have to say that if he was involved in smuggling people out then I'd wholeheartedly support him in that.
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
05-07-2014, 01:20 PM
If ever there is a major intervention in North Korea (which I think will have to happen eventually), I hate to think what we'll find.

There's already reports of concentration camps...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user