So proud of myself!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2013 11:52 PM by Smercury44.)
So proud of myself!
Yes, I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back Tongue

Two years ago, I suffered miscarriage early in my second trimester, which was followed by some very serious unrelated marital issues. Needless to say, I spiraled quickly into depressive behaviors. Binge eating, and drinking too much to mask the pain. This caused me to gain roughly 60lbs during that time.

For about a year and a half I was certain my marriage was over, but couldn't commit to ending it. This man I'm married to is my best friend in every way. When the suicidal thoughts started to creep in, I sought the help of a therapist, and eventually my husband joined me for couples counseling. We got things back on track, and are more committed and in love than ever Heart

In July I really started to get my life back on track. I am back to normal and healthy eating habits, and I've gone back to the kind of drinker I was previously. The occasional two or three drinks at social functions. Since making this change, I've lost between 35-40 of the pounds I gained during this difficult time.

Today, I was able to put my wedding ring back on my finger

I'm just so thrilled!! I'm so happy to have my life back on track, and going in the right direction. I am so close to being back to my healthy weight, and the prospect of trying again for a baby.

Thank you my friends for reading this. You guys are so awesome, and I just wanted to share this celebration with you.

Emily
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 20 users Like Smercury44's post
14-12-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: So proud of myself!
I'm glad to hear that, congratulations! Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Good news...and congrats!

A Christmas miracle obviously. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2013, 11:50 PM
"pat on the black" got me wondering all kindsa weird stuff. Smile

Good on'ya.

Great to read that. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-12-2013, 11:53 PM
(14-12-2013 11:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "pat on the black" got me wondering all kindsa weird stuff. Smile

Shit, I read this thing twice before posting. I imagine that was very confusing Laugh out load

Thanks everybody!! Big Grin
14-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear you are in a better place in life now, here is to many more years! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
15-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Such amazing news. A well deserved pat on the back. Also, if you ever are looking for support - we have suffered similarly in the realm of pregnancy loss. Best wishes to you moving forward. Wink

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
15-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Had a miscarriage previous to our current addition. Your loss and subsequent depression is no stranger here. Happy to hear you're doing better, PM if you need anything. Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-12-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm happy for you Emily Smile

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
15-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Awesome Banana_zorro

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post