So sick of it!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2012, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2012 02:48 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: So sick of it!!!!
I try to avoid the word "weak" when it comes to theological debate, but I find that those who require religion are, in fact, weak. They are unable to deal with reality, so they substitute it with falsehood. They are cannot fathom a world without their unstable social identity, so they cower behind their human leaders. Last, but not least, they seem to so incredibly absent-minded that they do not realize the damage they cause when they simply swear allegiance to their religion. Quantity attracts more followers, whether it be through social pressure, persecution, or the like. Long story short, people become theists, religious or nonreligious, because they are weak (not implying anything bad by saying that).

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
26-11-2012, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 03:16 AM by Janus.)
(26-11-2012 02:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I try to avoid the word "weak" when it comes to theological debate, but I find that those who require religion are, in fact, weak. They are unable to deal with reality, so they substitute it with falsehood. They are cannot fathom a world without their unstable social identity, so they cower behind their human leaders. Last, but not least, they seem to so incredibly absent-minded, that they do not realize the damage they cause when they simply swear allegiance to their religion. Quantity attracts more followers, whether it be through social pressure, persecution, or the like. Long story short, people become theists, religious or nonreligious, because they are weak (not implying anything bad by saying that).

Why not?
I would.
They are the biggest obstacle on the evolutionary road towards progress.
26-11-2012, 03:07 AM
[snip]
26-11-2012, 03:15 AM
(26-11-2012 03:06 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 02:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I try to avoid the word "weak" when it comes to theological debate, but I find that those who require religion are, in fact, weak. They are unable to deal with reality, so they substitute it with falsehood. They are cannot fathom a world without their unstable social identity, so they cower behind their human leaders. Last, but not least, they seem to so incredibly absent-minded, that they do not realize the damage they cause when they simply swear allegiance to their religion. Quantity attracts more followers, whether it be through social pressure, persecution, or the like. Long story short, people become theists, religious or nonreligious, because they are weak (not implying anything bad by saying that).

Why not?
I would.
They are the biggest obstacle against progress and evolution.
Why I refrain from calling people weak, or why I do not imply anything bad by there being weak?

By the prior statement, if I am participating in an respected theological discussion, I try not to start calling people names. By the latter statement, we all have weaknesses. The largest obstacle in our evolution is not their weakness, but the people who prey on it. There are far fewer of them than there are with people who believe in religion.

26-11-2012, 03:24 AM
That's fair.
I like to call a spade a spade, though. Not to cast a value judgment. Just to establish relative positions and weights in absolute terms. Trying to never lose sight of the other side of the coin, you might say.
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
26-11-2012, 03:29 AM
(26-11-2012 03:24 AM)Janus Wrote:  That's fair.
I like to call a spade a spade, though. Not to cast a value judgment. Just to establish relative positions and weights in absolute terms. Trying to never lose sight of the other side of the coin, you might say.
I like to call it how I see it as well. There are certain times where it would be best not to. A debate is one of those times, as it seems discretion is less likely to put someone on the defensive, as opposed to not telling the truth slant.

26-11-2012, 04:20 AM
(25-11-2012 09:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Can I marry you?
No, sorry, already married.
Maybe in my next live before I get married to my soul mate there. Oh wait, I forgot, that's bullshit!
Well sorry then.

(25-11-2012 09:47 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 06:04 PM)Leela Wrote:  What's your brain for?
It's potentially an incredibly brilliant multi-tool. But most people can use it only for brain farts. Seems they've had a social lobotomy that cut out their critical thought processes straight after birth.
Seems like it, doesn't it. I find it so unbelieably cruel what is done to children and people in a weak mental state. But especially the kids. Their minds are so wise open and they, by nature, question everything. And then comes society and says, "on religion there is no questioning because you can't understand anyway." And at some point they are brainwashed enough to believe it. Such a shame, such brilliant minds.

(26-11-2012 12:09 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Leela for President 2016.
Wow, no thanks. Not going to govern a bunch of idiots who hate me the second I say that I don't have imaginary friends.

(26-11-2012 12:27 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 12:09 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Leela for President 2016.
But she wasn't born in Kenya.
That too. I was born in North Korea and that is why I am too scared to say anything. Wouldn't make a good president, right?
Oh, did I just offend another powerhungry asshole? Ohmy

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
26-11-2012, 05:42 AM
ROFLMAO! You go girl! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I just realized that my rage is not going away. I feel like everytime, I read some of that brainwashed bullshit, I wanna run my head into a brickwall to see if that helps, because nothing else seems to help.
You know what's the problem?
People are just too easy to influence. That btw counts for pretty much everything. But they are sooooooo fucking easy to mind control. And Religion has the exact tools to do that very very well!
You know... all that shit. Feeling thins, just knowing, seeing...
Ok first of all, all shrinks are supposed to be atheists! And then every religios nut is supposed to get a fucking therapy, talk it all off your non-existing soul, and then go and live your life as if you had only one!

Oh and those fucking arguments all the time. And one would think that there are ANY new arguments coming but no, they are not.
"The eye is so complex, it needs a creator" "Carbon dating doesn't work on all materials" "Look how beautiful the flowers and trees are, and the sun..." "I had an experience" "I saw Jesus" "God told me..." "I feel his presence"
Fuck you and your old old arguments.
That is why theists get so annoyed, while they never come up with a new argument, we already know all of them and are well equipped to not just debunk, but completely CRASH those.

And then I listen to another Atheist Experience, and the next caller asks "but why don't you believe in god" and while I see the host holding back a huge "MOROOOOON!!!" I feel like punching the caller.

You know... You know... I can't even form a straight sentence anymore, from all the thoughts running through my head. I am at the point of circular thoughts.
I feel like I am stuck in a society full of brainwashed idiots, that act so nice and normal but the second you say something against their precious religion, and be it the most logical thing you have ever said, they become nuts.

I mean they react like someone who is addicted and tell them in the face "you need to stop drinking beer or you kill your organs and therefore yourself" and they start explaining that they are not addicted, and they are only having one a day, and anyway why is it your business, and I am not hurting you with my addiction, and anyway you are the one who has the problem because you just hate beer, what did the beer do to you that you are so angry at it...
Yes, I think that is the best parallel I have ever thought of. It is like an addiction. Whole societies, whole countries are made addicted from the earliest age. And those who are not addicted are being treated like they are not normal.
You know what, it is not normal to be addicted, you are not born addicted. You are born with certain senses and needs, but with religion a lot of those senses are being cut off. Thou shalt not think, thou shalt not ask, thou shalt not question, thou shalt give us thy fucking money. And while we, as humans, are so curious, so open to new information, we are being made closed minded.

Fuck I hate this shit.

I hate that even a year before I plan on making a baby, I am already worried that society and school will brainwash my child and it could end up addicted to some fairytale...
I hate that have that worry already but I can not close my mind to this problem.
I hate that we may get a lot of weird, worried, and judgemental looks when we will refuse to babtize our child.
I hate that our child will grow up in a society that basically forces it to stay in the closet because of the disadvantages it will face if it comes out.

Isn't that fucked up? The child isn't even there yet, we are just planning right now and all of this is already a problem. What about kindergarten, what about all the friends...

Like my hubby has been asked to sing in church, although the family knows that he does not believe. Of course he refused, no hard feelings, but probably some disappointment. Not that we wanna hurt people, but we do not want to do churchy stuff as it goes so very much against our principles.

You know, when we came back to Romania, we found a cross hanging over our bed, and we found Mary and Jesus pictures in some rooms on the walls... First thing we had to do, take all of that off... How offensive is that. What would they say if I hung the pic of the flying spagetti monster in their kitchen and an Atheist-A over their bed... ... See how fucked up this is. I wouldn't dare to do that.

This is so fucked up, so very...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Leela's post
27-11-2012, 07:23 PM
This is how Girly feels now and I'm not even the target of your rage.

[Image: scared.jpg]

I don't let 'em get to me but that's probably quite a bit harder in Romania where 90% of the population believes in God. I blame Dracula. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post