So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(21-09-2015 11:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:33 AM)Obie Wrote:  There is nothing beyond life. There is only life. There is always life.

"If there is no death, there is no life." - Thích Nhất Hạnh

I define life as motion bound by intelligence and/or intelligent functioning. And everything represents motion. Therefore all that can be shown to exist, represents life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 11:58 AM
(21-09-2015 11:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:47 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Does Wellbutrin still come as a little pill where the writing looks like a smiley face?

I think you're confusing Wellbutrin with blotter. Easy mistake to make Big Grin

Seriously, it looks like a smiley face on an anti-depressant.

[Image: wellbutrin.jpg]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 12:02 PM
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "If there is no death, there is no life." - Thích Nhất Hạnh

I define life as motion bound by intelligence and/or intelligent functioning. And everything represents motion. Therefore all that can be shown to exist, represents life.

WUT?

"Everything unfolds through boundless boundaries" - http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

Even a random generator can make better sounding Woo than you can.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 12:03 PM
(21-09-2015 11:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:10 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Oh, I'm on all kinds of meds. I bet you have already diagnosed me and know which prescriptions I'm on. Could you tell me, since you seem to be all knowing about other people's minds? That would be super helpful, thanks.

My best guess is:

Psycho Meds: Wellbutrin, Trazadone, Seroquel, Lexapro
Diabetes Meds: Metformin, Januvia, Invokana
AntiNausea Meds: Zofran, Meclizine

At least that's what I take. Big Grin

I miss seroquel. Sad
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
21-09-2015, 12:07 PM
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "If there is no death, there is no life." - Thích Nhất Hạnh

... that doesn't follow.

Your hidden premise here is that all motion* constitutes or requires intelligence. You're going to have to do some work to justify that one.
(notwithstanding that you've either just declared non-intelligent life to not be alive, or else you've declared yeast to be intelligent; either would be problematic)

*motion is not a coherently defined physical term. Perhaps you mean interaction, which is.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
21-09-2015, 12:10 PM
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think you're confusing Wellbutrin with blotter. Easy mistake to make Big Grin

Seriously, it looks like a smiley face on an anti-depressant.

[Image: wellbutrin.jpg]

Never seen that before. But I'm on the generic Bupropion. Smiley face is probably trademarked.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-09-2015, 12:13 PM
(21-09-2015 12:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Obie Wrote:  I define life as motion bound by intelligence and/or intelligent functioning. And everything represents motion. Therefore all that can be shown to exist, represents life.

... that doesn't follow.

Your hidden premise here is that all motion* constitutes or requires intelligence. You're going to have to do some work to justify that one.
(notwithstanding that you've either just declared non-intelligent life to not be alive, or else you've declared yeast to be intelligent; either would be problematic)

*motion is not a coherently defined physical term. Perhaps you mean interaction, which is.

It doesn't speak to organic life as exclusive. Yes, all motion is subject to intelligent principles that regulate and define it, thus, all that moves, is intelligent. All that exists, moves. All that exists is intelligent.
(21-09-2015 12:03 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My best guess is:

Psycho Meds: Wellbutrin, Trazadone, Seroquel, Lexapro
Diabetes Meds: Metformin, Januvia, Invokana
AntiNausea Meds: Zofran, Meclizine

At least that's what I take. Big Grin

I miss seroquel. Sad

*cough* AllDayChemist.com *cough*

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
Quote: I realize that none of you has sat in full lotus in a domed structure with 1500 other sidhas and practiced the levitation sutra.

Hahahaha.

Hahahahahah

Hahahahahahahahah. And this guy's totally ridiculous. He's sitting on the edge of a bathmat and actually thinks he's levitating. Hahahaha. You can tighten your butt cheeks and lift your knees and it looks like you're levitating. It's not levitating but it's a great butt exercise though.

My maiden name is Bailey. I'm related to James Bailey, of the Barnum and Bailey circus. I know this shit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-09-2015, 12:16 PM
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Obie Wrote:  I define life as motion bound by intelligence and/or intelligent functioning. And everything represents motion. Therefore all that can be shown to exist, represents life.

So, basically, your definitions of "life", "motion", and "intelligent" are all so broad and so at odds with conventional usage as to be worthless.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post