So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 01:27 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(21-09-2015 01:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  ...Go back and actually read what I offered and consider why and how it lead to all the entropy and vitriol.

Well, I can certainly say that's not what "entropy" means...

It makes as much sense as the "quantum consciousness of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi". Buzzwords, man, buzzwords!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(21-09-2015 01:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  What we have observed and learned today that sharing a common understanding that assertions for a god are unfounded and baseless account for naught on an atheist website. That it is of paramount value that all agree that we are but dust and that our consciousness does not continue to evolve. This notion is patently more upsetting and divisive than anything, including assertions for a god.

At best, appeal to consequences (lol at "more upsetting" counting for anything). At worst it's just incoherent.

(21-09-2015 01:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  If anyone might review my initial post, it was quite measured and benign. Yes, I was testing the waters before I submerged myself into this site. And as unfolded the last time I entered such a site, all hell broke loose. Spare me all the instant retorts. Go back and actually read what I offered and consider why and how it lead to all the entropy and vitriol.

Well, I can certainly say that's not what "entropy" means...

I was pretty calm and measured, actually. Some others weren't, but that only makes me wonder why you said this in a reply to me as opposed to, you know, them. Asking you to define your terms is by no stretch of the imagination "vitriolic".

(21-09-2015 01:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  I have all I need at this point to assure myself that my experiment is over. It's good you all get along and mostly agree. I bid you adieu.

Well, that dumbfuck trainwreck fizzled out about as incompetently as we all could have predicted.

Hence why it slid into derision and vitriol so quickly. I knew this guy was full of shit after I read the first few paragraphs of the article he posted. I knew we weren't going to get anything other than mindless drivel and Woo when we asked for evidence.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 01:35 PM
You know, I've had dreams where I can levitate. It's really cool. But I can never seem to get that shit to work in real life.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-09-2015, 01:37 PM
(21-09-2015 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 10:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Now go look up the term "ineducable tyro", that seems to fit you thus far.

Never heard that phrase before.

ineducable tyro - a beginner or novice that is not capable of learning

"Only the ineducable tyro can fail to sense the presence or absence of wolves, or the fact that mountains have a secret opinion about them." - Aldo Leopold, Thinking Like a Mountain

One of my favorites Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-09-2015, 01:39 PM
I suppose if you fall in with the right crowd, and you try hard enough, you can believe just about anything.
21-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm a weak atheist. I would totally fake being religious if I had something to gain from it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
21-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I can levitate. Laugh out load

I've got to stop laughing or there's gonna be a seizure. I didn't think this guy was that bad, but he should have took his own advice. He should have went slowly. If he couldn't stand the ridicule he should've backed the fuck away to woo another day. Now he's shot his load and nobody is satisfied. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm a lapsed atheist.

That's pretty much like a regular atheist - just without any serious commitment or dogma.....

I'm not elitist or anything -- just too lazy to really give a fuck...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-09-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 01:49 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
the woo is strong in this one Yes

[Image: 2im2bye.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-09-2015, 01:46 PM
(21-09-2015 12:13 PM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ... that doesn't follow.

Your hidden premise here is that all motion* constitutes or requires intelligence. You're going to have to do some work to justify that one.
(notwithstanding that you've either just declared non-intelligent life to not be alive, or else you've declared yeast to be intelligent; either would be problematic)

*motion is not a coherently defined physical term. Perhaps you mean interaction, which is.

It doesn't speak to organic life as exclusive. Yes, all motion is subject to intelligent principles that regulate and define it, thus, all that moves, is intelligent. All that exists, moves. All that exists is intelligent.

Quote:Yes, all motion is subject to intelligent principles that regulate and define it, thus, all that moves, is intelligent.

Evidence please.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post