So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(21-09-2015 07:53 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 07:38 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I don't know what percentage of the forum is "hard atheist", but I can tell you that if you hope to have a chance at all to convince anyone of anything, you need to look up the definition of "scientific evidence" and stop posting Woo about black holes being the origin of consciousness. Drinking Beverage

Max Plank, the supposed father of quantum physics postulated that the unified field and consciousness are one in the same.

If what you are calling consciousness is simply particles, then yes. But I don't think that's your bag . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 08:06 PM
(21-09-2015 11:24 AM)Obie Wrote:  I figure its a given that most here have an IQ in the top % (percentile). But many of you are doing your best to hide that fact.

You nailed that last bit, Boss! Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
21-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(21-09-2015 11:24 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:14 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Says the guy who believes in magic and has witnessed "levitation". Truly? Consider

Too bad you're slinging the really crazy shit, and not one of the standard theologies of which I can eviscerate with little effort. Tell us again about your argument from personal experience...so there you were...embracing the chakras....and as one....watched someone physically levitate. I don't even need to dismantle your worldview...it so off the chart nuts you are undermining yourself without any assistance required. Carry on, you are doing swell. Thumbsup

Flex

I could give you a mirror for your birthday and you'd be set for life talking to yourself and entertaining yourself. I of course understand your point of view as it belies a common mind given to snap assertions. You must confuse me for a younger person devoid of reason, experience, and an educational background that might include a degree from Stanford, Yale, or Notre Dame. I've been at this a long while. I am not insulted nor rendered off balance by the vitriol here. I always consider the source. Not that I necessarily know the source, but then, the source also does not know me, yet it continues its ad hominem ways, free of filtering. I realize that none of you has sat in full lotus in a domed structure with 1500 other sidhas and practiced the levitation sutra. It lies well outside your common experience. What separates you, one from the other, are those who might take someone at their word and ask for more information, and then those who summarize, discount, marginalize,and dismiss in one motion. I figure its a given that most here have an IQ in the top .01% (percentile). But many of you are doing your best to hide that fact.

'it's' as in 'it is'...a given

Nicely veiled insults. You are doing to be a hit here what with your lack of the use of ad homs. Dodgy

Prove to us just how superior you think you are.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-09-2015, 09:33 PM
(21-09-2015 07:59 AM)Obie Wrote:  I'm receiving the push back I expected. If I were to flat out tell everyone they are wrong, it would of course earn me a quick exit. Some positions are the product of long evolution and gaining subtle insight through soul maturation and extensive experience. I find knee jerk responses to be as pedantic and the fundamental religious arguments which are but blind assertions. But then , this is my first day, so I'll take it slowly and with many grains of salt. Thanks.

You want push back?

[Image: bcb5e4c4f6635639f261766ca44fa0f8cb8665ba...0e9eb0.jpg]

We've seen woo-woo peddling bullshit merchants come through here before, and their shit all smells the same. In fact, it smells just like your shit. The ONLY WAY you are going to differentiate yourself from the crowd is to provide the one thing none of them have been able to, objectively verifiable scientific evidence that has made it trough the rigors of peer review.

Quantum mumbo-jumbo from a fucking YOGI isn't going to make the cut.

Now piss off. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-09-2015, 10:32 PM
(21-09-2015 12:19 PM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:16 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So, basically, your definitions of "life", "motion", and "intelligent" are all so broad and so at odds with conventional usage as to be worthless.

You may assign a value as you wish. I've stated it over a few times. Everything represents life - intelligent functioning - matter and energy in motion. Yes, it is a broad category. It includes everything.

Look, if you want to believe in some continued existence, fine! Go ahead and do it! But by no means, call it a rational way of thinking.

"intelligent Functioning"? WTF?! lol. What the fuck does that even mean?
You are speaking in woo woo terms. Please translate to English for me as I do not speak woo!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Okay Obie,

I’ve reviewed the thread, and I’ve read your posts. You’re clearly articulate enough to qualify as being intelligent in my book. Make this really easy for me. Assuming that you’re still lurking around on the forum, what outcome are you hoping to achieve by visiting here?

Are you trying to have a dialogue and present information? Are you hoping that someone here will validate your views? Are you hoping that someone here will be inspired enough to join your movement? What’s the end goal here? What are you willing to do to achieve your goal?
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
22-09-2015, 03:27 AM
(21-09-2015 08:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Prove to us just how superior you think you are.

Top one hundredth percent percentile, obviously. Smartass

I'm kind of jelly. Everybody paid attention to his crazy woo thread and mostly ignored mine... forever alone. Sadcryface2
[Image: f8ea1836b4307c16b94b7110e1afb158069934f0...092881.jpg]

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 03:48 AM
(21-09-2015 05:44 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  It's about a fundamental disconnect at the level of epistemology. You have one method of epistemology and we have a different one.

[Image: epic-post.jpg]

Was totally gonna steal it for "proving god with youtube 101" but I'd have to change the names to protect the ignorant. Good job, Reltzik. Thumbsup

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 03:54 AM
(22-09-2015 03:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...
I'm kind of jelly. Everybody paid attention to his crazy woo thread and mostly ignored mine... forever alone. Sadcryface2

Don't take it personally Hug

Your problem wrt getting more attention (+ skepticism / vitriol) is that you do actually have evidence for the existence of Gwyneth Paltrow.

That's where you're going wrong.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2015, 04:09 AM
(22-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 03:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...

Don't take it personally Hug

Your problem wrt getting more attention (+ skepticism / vitriol) is that you do actually have evidence for the existence of Gwyneth Paltrow.

That's where you're going wrong.

Dodgy

Yeah, kind of hard to get worked up about that.

HoC - My goddess, Gwyneth Paltrow, exists!

Everyone - Yep, she sure does...

HoC - Don't you want to argue about it?

Everyone - Naw, man. She's crazy, but we liked her in the Iron Man movies and nobody is killing or molesting children in her name, so we cool.

HoC - ...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post