So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 04:10 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(22-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't take it personally Hug

Hug

Of course I was just being silly. My days of seeking attention and validation are long past. When I spin up some Gwynnite crap, it's like me sharing a happy thought with my peeps; but if I get to doing it often enough, Imma scrounge the rough draft of the book of Gwynnite from those posts. Why fill up my hard drive with that clutter? Laugh out load

(22-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your problem wrt getting more attention (+ skepticism / vitriol) is that you do actually have evidence for the existence of Gwyneth Paltrow.

That's where you're going wrong.

Dodgy

If that's going wrong, I ain't ever going right. I love my Gwynnies everz! Heart
Of course, I can always serve as an example to these people if they ever want to come out from behind the pulpit and interact. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 04:15 AM
(22-09-2015 04:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If that's going wrong, I ain't ever going right. I love my Gwynnies everz! Heart
Of course, I can always serve as an example to these people if they ever want to come out from behind the pulpit and interact. Wink

What are you doing behind the pulpit Johnny? Laughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-09-2015, 04:33 AM
(22-09-2015 04:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 04:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If that's going wrong, I ain't ever going right. I love my Gwynnies everz! Heart

What are you doing behind the pulpit Johnny? Laughat

So that's what that's for! A cubbyhole for the worshipful disciplette for ministering to the minister's member. Yeah, I know... I'm slow. Hobo

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 09:27 PM
(22-09-2015 04:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't take it personally Hug

Hug

Of course I was just being silly. My days of seeking attention and validation are long past. When I spin up some Gwynnite crap, it's like me sharing a happy thought with my peeps; but if I get to doing it often enough, Imma scrounge the rough draft of the book of Gwynnite from those posts. Why fill up my hard drive with that clutter? Laugh out load

(22-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your problem wrt getting more attention (+ skepticism / vitriol) is that you do actually have evidence for the existence of Gwyneth Paltrow.

That's where you're going wrong.

Dodgy

If that's going wrong, I ain't ever going right. I love my Gwynnies everz! Heart

My brother had returned from a residence course at Maharishi International University in Fairfield, Iowa, where regular TM mediators could gather to enjoy additional rounds of meditation, mixed in with readings from the Rig Veda, and along with nightly doses of Samaveda - both of which were regarded as further aids in deepening and purifying consciousness.

The weekend my brother had attended his residence course at MIU was shortly after the "first wave" of the new TM-Sidha initiates has just completed the first "sidhis" course at the university - which was the administration of an array of mantras aimed at opening certain passageways in the brain to "stitch enlightenment" into the brain through the practice of super-normal abilities - passageways that had been atrophied for millennia.

The more talked-about mantra, or "sutra", had to do with levitation. It was the only sutra that had an externally-manifest aspect to it. The rest of the sutras produced inner experiences only.

All the sutras, or sidhis, were derived from ancient Vedic tradition. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi decided to share them with the world. He devised the TM-Sidhi Programme.

Levitation was the only sutra that initiates were legally empowered to discuss. (None of this is top secret anymore, and can be found on the internet.)

Levitation was the crowing sutra, or ability, as it purportedly was designed to effectively result in perfect inter-hemispheral brain wave synchrony.

It requires a fully-wired and functioning brain to fly, as it were.

The goal was not in the outer manifestation of the sutra, but in the inner experience, and the changes it made to the brain.

Anyway, as my brother had experienced during the three days he was in Fairfield and during his usual and regular TM meditation rounds, he began to spontaneously levitate.

Not paying it much mind, he thought it cool and curious, but nothing more.

He returned home having not addressed the nascent issue with any of the instructors at MIU.

But the next morning, back at home, things took a decisive leap forward, or upward, as it were, and suddenly, he could not stop levitating.

I can still remember the phone call I received at the bank where I worked - with my brother at the other end - entreating me to come home (to my parent's home where he still lived) as he was quite unnerved by the fact that he was sitting on the floor in his bedroom in full lotus one moment, and in the next, he was shielding his head from banging into the ceiling.

I arrived at my parent's house, and what I saw was quite the spectacle - and way outside my frame of reference. It was shocking as it was bizarre.

My first idea was to help to hold him down so he would stop hitting his head on the ceiling.

My next idea was to call our local TM instructor to check out the situation - a female we both knew well, and who was also a trained sidha.

She arrived, and when she entered the room, she too started to lose her ability to remain stationary - so she sat in a wooden chair and wrapped her feet around the legs. Quite overwhelmed at the unfolding predicament, she suggested that my brother try to normalize his body by going for a long walk, and by getting some fresh air.

What was happening with my brother was unprecedented. There was no script, nor patented remedy for what he was experiencing. I doubt it had happened anywhere on this planet - before - or since.

I went back to work, and the next phone call I got from my brother was a bit more promising. He had gone for a long walk, and although he had shot up into the air a few times, by the time he had returned, things seemed normal.

That afternoon, my brother and I decided that he should come to my apartment for his/our late meditation, just for precaution - in case he spun out of control with my parents around.

So he came over around 5 PM, and I took a mattress off my bed and put it on the floor.

I figured that if he started to levitate, and then came crashing back down as he had done earlier, I wanted him to land softly, and to not break anything.

We both closed our eyes, and began to meditate.

Instantly, my brother started to levitate. And as soon as he started to levitate, I started to levitate. (By levitation, I mean shooting up into the air and coming right back down. Sustained levitation - or hovering, as it were, is not yet possible - not on this planet with the weight of mass consciousness (which is none too pristine) and with its primary governing effect on all consciousness.

Anyway, we both laid down, and soon stopped levitating.

My brother's spontaneous levitation stories continued for days - many quite outrageous and funny (especially the ones that occurred in public, like when my friends and I had to carry my brother out of a restaurant like a surf board as he was knocking everything off our table each time he shot upward. It caused quite the stir inside the restaurant.) But eventually we both normalized and developed enough control to know when to stop meditating, before we started levitating.

We signed up for the next Sidhis course at MIU, learned the actual techniques, and we were subsequently able to control our levitating from that point forward.

So yes, I attribute these experiences to the behavior of the unified field - to the quantum physics of consciousness.

My brother had been immersed in the (local) quantum field where the possibility of levitation was a vibrating actuality, and his consciousness was thus sympathetically activated. And when I came in proximity to his sector of the quantum field, it excited my/our shared/immediate sector of the quantum field, as it were, and the dominos fell.

I no longer practice the sidhis, but as testament to their authenticity and what they ostensibly imply as far as our innate ability and potential are concerned, whenever I watch a movie with people flying, such as the more recent Super Man movie, my whole body reacts. I feel my legs get lighter and my torso wants to take off, and take flight.

In sum, I feel I know a thing or two about what we are designed to be - and how consciousness is the basic platform upon which all possibilities and potentialities both rest and reside - and why, and how, it is a quantum thing.

No, it's not yet proven. It's theory.

But it's a working theory, as far as I'm concerned.

And it's one which is being tested in the field of quantum physics.

Incidentally, as my brother and I were predictably the first two initiates on our course to meet with success in the performance of the levitation sutra, we were aptly nicknamed "The Wright Brothers" by the course administrator.

No, I am not an apologist for the TM movement. I am aware all that has been levied against it. I remain skeptical to a degree. I do not associate with, nor identify with any group or organization. So spare me the cutting and pasting of all the negative press, and remark just upon what is herein written.

I am a proponent of the quantum mechanics of consciousness.

My operating reality is based on the notion that all that exists, rises and falls as waves upon the same sea of consciousness.

To my mind, it discounts all bifurcated universe/segregationist theology models.

In short, all is one.

To better explain it, I would like to post/embed a video by Dr. John Hagelin, if anyone might instruct me how, and if anyone might be interested.

I am also aware of the negative press on John Hagelin.

My take is that Max Plank, the father of quantum physics, would be in agreement with him, and support his work.

I also believe that Albert Einstein would be on board, but this is my own submission.

Dr. Hagelin refers to Einstein throughout his video.

We each and all live according to certain operative truths/realities/methodologies.

The key is not to hold on to them past their usefulness, and to always be open and ready to discard them when something more elevating and enlightening comes along.

To my mind, the litmus test is whether or not the operative reality supported by the truth points to an underlying/unifying singularity.

The quantum physics of consciousness is my current operative truth/reality.

It is one of total inclusion/non-judgment/sameness.

An ultimate singularity.

In this, I feel it is at least a more ethical framework for living both individually, and as a society.

It also discounts all philosophies based on differentiated states of worthiness before creation, i.e., western religion.
22-09-2015, 09:45 PM
(22-09-2015 09:27 PM)Obie Wrote:  The quantum physics of consciousness is my current operative truth/reality.

It is one of total inclusion/non-judgment/sameness.

An ultimate singularity.

In this, I feel it is at least a more ethical framework for living both individually, and as a society.

It also discounts all philosophies based on differentiated states of worthiness before creation, i.e., western religion.

You know, it's honestly impressive how utterly incoherent you managed to be in that post.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-09-2015, 09:53 PM
I do yoga and meditate and I don't have any supernatural powers Sadcryface2 I must be doing it wrong or...

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-09-2015, 11:34 PM
All those levitation demonstrations debunk themselves. This is what levitation looks like when it's real.

Those pole sitters appear to be defying gravity in only one aspect: they appear to be floating. But every other aspect of their appearance: clothing, posture, hair, etc. still behaves as if gravity were in full force. You have to ask, just exactly what part of their figure is doing the levitating when every part of their figure still droops to gravity's pull?
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
22-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Quote:instantly, my brother started to levitate. And as soon as he started to levitate, I started to levitate. (By levitation, I mean shooting up into the air and coming right back down.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

You mean Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load, like this?

It's fucking called hopping, you idiot! There's nothing supernatural in this. It's called using your muscles to lift yourself off the ground. Dancers do it all the damn time.

Hey! You wanna see some REAL "shooting up in the air and coming right back down"?

Here's Mikhail Baryshnikov in 1969. This makes your yogi levitation look like a bunch of two bit circus performers.....which is what they really are anyway.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Point. What steps have you taken to confirm that the levitation is actual levitation? I mean, I can frikken levitate if I jump.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-09-2015, 12:13 AM
(22-09-2015 09:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I do yoga and meditate and I don't have any supernatural powers Sadcryface2 I must be doing it wrong or...

Hummmm. Blink Isn't it interesting, JennyBee, that they need to have a cane they're holding onto. The other trick is to have a curtain or wall hanging of some kind behind them to hide the secret equipment they need. Or they're sitting on a big ol fancy chair that has a big back rest.

The other thing they do on youtube is have some some guy who's a plant that is "reporting" on the amazing and "real" yogi levitation but the whole thing is a sham video.

Geesh. Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post