So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(23-09-2015 09:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... No one can levitate. No. One. ...

Nonsense. People levitate every day the Vomit Comet flies another mission. I've done it myself during aerobatics but not for anywhere near the length of time achievable aboard the Comet.

You could even argue that simply ascending aloft in any airborne conveyance is levitating. That jet pack James Bond's stunt double used was a real device that really worked.

Now, obviously, you're referring to the parlor tricks of the shamans as impossible except as tricks - but like Clarke said, advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, and the mag-flux-amplifying sport jacket that locally distorts the earth's magnetic field sufficiently to hoist, say, 200 lbs. straight up when energized with 440 volts AC might only be some wild engineer's ten weeks alone in a garage away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 11:14 PM
(23-09-2015 10:21 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 09:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... No one can levitate. No. One. ...

Nonsense. People levitate every day the Vomit Comet flies another mission. I've done it myself during aerobatics but not for anywhere near the length of time achievable aboard the Comet.

That's not levitation (i.e. supernatural defiance of gravity), that's the plane flying down at the speed of gravity with you in a controlled fall inside of it; it merely gives you the illusion of being suspended while you are actually falling towards the surface of the Earth.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2015, 11:43 PM
(23-09-2015 11:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 10:21 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Nonsense. People levitate every day the Vomit Comet flies another mission. I've done it myself during aerobatics but not for anywhere near the length of time achievable aboard the Comet.

That's not levitation (i.e. supernatural defiance of gravity), that's the plane flying down at the speed of gravity with you in a controlled fall inside of it; it merely gives you the illusion of being suspended while you are actually falling towards the surface of the Earth.

AirportKid's point is that calling it levitation isn't a stretch. Inside the plane, it's pretty much indistinguishable.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-09-2015, 05:51 AM
(23-09-2015 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  AirportKid's point is that calling it levitation isn't a stretch. Inside the plane, it's pretty much indistinguishable.

That sounds like the old joke...
If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?... 4. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
24-09-2015, 05:57 AM
(24-09-2015 05:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  AirportKid's point is that calling it levitation isn't a stretch. Inside the plane, it's pretty much indistinguishable.

That sounds like the old joke...
If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?... 4. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.

Is there some universally agreed upon definition for levitation that I am unaware of? Or is it defined that it *must* be a result of woo based "forces"?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-09-2015, 06:14 AM
(24-09-2015 05:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 05:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That sounds like the old joke...

Is there some universally agreed upon definition for levitation that I am unaware of? Or is it defined that it *must* be a result of woo based "forces"?

I wouldn't typically call being in free-fall a form of levitation because, while it may apply within the limited frame of reference, it doesn't when looking at it from a larger view. When somebody claims levitation I generally assume they are referring to something that is preventing further response to gravity (which could be magnetic fields or other real forces as well as woo). The objects appearing to levitate within the plane aren't in that state.

That said, if we're talking about appearances or restricting the discussion to the interior of the plane then it certainly shows what levitation would look and feel like.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
24-09-2015, 07:31 AM
(23-09-2015 05:58 PM)Obie Wrote:  When the human mind touches this field, all it has to do is to introduce the slightest impulse or intent, and that intent can become instantly manifest - as in - creating from a state of nothingness to finished creation instantly.

Creation from pure intent.

This is how we are wired and what we are capable of.

Matthew 17:20
Quote:He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.”

Yeah, we've heard it before. Nonfalsifiable woo is nonfalsifiable. Until you demonstrate creation through pure intent, I'm going to take you as seriously as a kid who believes in leprechauns.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-09-2015, 09:04 AM
(23-09-2015 05:58 PM)Obie Wrote:  Attempting to understand and to accept this based on observation is not really possible. It has to be experienced. It is the underlying dynamic that is all-important to understand - that the unified field of all possibility supports all that exists and all that can exist. And it is only humans who have the ability to access this field at will and on a systematic basis - which is what Transcendental Meditation offers - a way to systematically contact and imbue the mind with the transcendent so that, more and more, it begins to act from that level, facilitating life in all ways to be as successful as it can be.

If this can only be understood through personal experience... and presumably, that means it can't be understood based on second-hand observation through another person's account.... then what the hell are you doing here? Having a conversation with us to get us to understand something which you plainly state that we can't understand through conversation with you? Seriously, what's your goal here and how in the world did you think you were going to accomplish it if you actually believe that?
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
24-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Consider the ocean.

The ocean rests on a floor. The floor is the bedrock of creation. It is infinite and immutable, unseen and unshakable. It is the unified field of infinite possibility.

Upon the floor rests an ubiquitous layer of invisible superfluidity. A self-referral, all-creative layer of “liquid natural law” that defines, supports, and allows all form that floats on its surface.

All that exists phenomenally, is supported by and gains differentiated form and functioning through its contact with this superfluid, super-intelligent layer called consciousness.

All that exists, is consciousness bound by form.

All that exists, is consciousness expressing through form.

All that exists represents intelligent form and functioning as it represents the layer of creation that is all-intelligent.

On the surface of the ocean all phenomenal creation rests, with each form displacing its individuated share of consciousness.

All that floats upon the ocean is equal and the same in that it is nothing more, nor less, than individuated form representing the same thing across all creation – consciousness.

All that exists is unified by the same level of creation – the fundamental layer of creation that gives rise to all that exists – the cosmic singularity, as it were.

As everything that exists is a differentiated expression of the same thing, then it can be said that everything is the same thing essentially.

Form is illusory and ephemeral. It does not reflect, nor define, nor locate essence.

The essence of all that is, is consciousness.

Consciousness is infinite.

It maps to the ocean floor of absolute possibility.

All that exists or that ever can or will exist, begins as an impulse from the absolute that is sent upward through the ocean of conscious, while gaining differentiated form and function along the way, eventually breaking the surface of the ocean and gaining phenomenal existence.

Mankind also floats on the ocean of creation.

Mankind also translates consciousness through form and functioning.

But mankind is unique in that mankind possesses higher mind functioning in which and through which he can both realize his consciousness and then manipulate it to produce and to create as he wishes and wills.

The creative process in man is expressed through body and mind.

Each man and woman is unique in their ability to create in relation to their individuated consciousness as it is expressed through their individual mind and body.

The more expanded, refined, and integrated in their consciousness, the more elegant, remarkable, and sublime their creations.

Thus, the individual ability to create rests upon their ability to translate consciousness in its most pure and powerful state – which is a function of how intimately connected their minds and bodies interface, via their consciousness, with the transcendent field of all possibility – the field of pure, powerful, unfettered possibility.

The incorporation of the transcendent field through the aegis of mind and body is a natural process – a byproduct of living – of experiencing – of processing experience – of growth.

It is a continuous and cumulative across multiple incarnations.

It can be facilitated and hastened through certain practices and disciplines.

Transcendental Meditation is one such practice.

Those who create most efficiently are those who are more pure, expanded, and integrated in their consciousness and as their consciousness maps more intimately to the source of consciousness, the ocean floor of infinite possibility.

The more closely connected to the unified field, the more efficiently our consciousness shortens the process of creation from impulse to manifest reality.

Were we to fully expand and to integrate our consciousness to cosmic proportions, to quantum proportions, then we could create from mere impulse, and eliminate the delay that mankind has come to accept as a necessary and natural part of the process of creation.

Levitation is merely one of an infinite number of impulses that can manifest as reality if introduced at the finest level of creation, and in the creative process.

Through human consciousness, anything and everything is possible, as human consciousness is “mapable” to the entire ocean of consciousness, thus, able to interface with the entire ocean floor.

Which means that mankind is essentially capable of mastery in the creative process, and he is able to create at will, and at the level of pure intention.

It is the natural process of creation.

Our severe limitations are unnatural, but have been accepted and indemnified as normal.

We are not all equal in our limitations.

But we are equal in our unlimited possibilities to express and to become.

Which is a function of expanding, purifying, and integrating consciousness.
[+] 1 user Likes Obie's post
24-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Yes, yes. We understand that. But the real question is whether or not anyone has really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post