So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  I came here to share what might be considered "new" knowledge to most people's experience - knowledge based on the Veda that suggests that "knowing" ultimately rests on the evolution of consciousness - that we "become" the very seat of knowing by extinguishing the dichotomy of "knower-object of knowing" (objective knowing) by expanding individuated consciousness to its infinite proportions while mapping it to the transcendent, the field of infinite possibility, in which and through which, we are rendered super-beings in our ability to access and to manipulate it.

Yabut, are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced? Well I have.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I am not a strong atheist because I'm 160lbs of negative muscle mass.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
28-09-2015, 10:25 AM
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  I came here to share what might be considered "new" knowledge to most people's experience - knowledge based on the Veda that suggests that "knowing" ultimately rests on the evolution of consciousness - that we "become" the very seat of knowing by extinguishing the dichotomy of "knower-object of knowing" (objective knowing) by expanding individuated consciousness to its infinite proportions while mapping it to the transcendent, the field of infinite possibility, in which and through which, we are rendered super-beings in our ability to access and to manipulate it.

That is not knowledge.

That is word salad.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-09-2015, 10:24 PM
(25-09-2015 05:24 PM)Obie Wrote:  ... Deepak Chopra also cut his teeth on Maharishi's teachings ... only he does not give credit any more to where he derived his knowledge ...
If Mr. Chopra has any knowledge of anything beyond where he put his keys he's made a successful career of hiding any trace of it.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
28-09-2015, 10:55 PM
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  ... It doesn't appear that new ideas have much of a shelf life here ...

That may be a premature judgement as new ideas here, or in any venue, are exceedingly rare - from both theists and atheists. A genuinely new idea has to differ significantly from ideas man has put forth since the dawn of our cerebral cortecis, something an Einstein can accomplish sometimes, not so much the rest of us.

A lot of what gets paraded here as "new" is tired old nags with no legs making their thousandth appearance, a novel color or shape in the saddle blanket constituting the "new", and often promoted as the inspired "fresh wisdom" of some Grand Amalgamated Pooh-Bah eight thousand years ago (hardly new). Nothing on offer from theists ever has a sell-by date more recent than 2000 years ago, so why the label "new" gets stapled to these things does have an odor of mystery.

Other offerings from mystics and random trollers are "new" in the sense that the sequence of adjectives and adverbs they string like beads to make "sentences" are in different arrangements, but for all their color they are all blandly the same incoherent porridge. Word salads.

So no one really knows the shelf life of new ideas here - there haven't been any to measure.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
28-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Well I was going to respond to the original post ... Then I read the thread! Smile

Now where did I put my acid and my ozric tentacles cds? Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
29-09-2015, 04:04 AM
(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  Are there any weak atheists here?

I don't claim any title or category. I would submit that human consciousness survives the body, remains localized, continues evolving, and transits in and out of form continuously, as does everything else in this universe.

I prefer to call myself a rationalist.

The last website I joined, last year, would have none of it, and I ended up getting kicked off the site when I suggested a guy avoid my threads. I lasted a week. I found, all in all, that some atheists can be as provincial and pedantic as the stock religious types.

My submission is that the phenomenal is the tip of the iceberg and that the metaphysical underpins all observable reality. Certain people thought I was foolish.

My background is in the quantum mechanics of consciousness as promulgated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Finally, all theistic religions are tragically false. There is no knowable form of any type of god. If there were, it would be known and accepted as the same thing on a wholesale level. Such a thing doesn't exist. If there were a god, it would not be a function of belief. It would be a common reality. There would be no need for any religions.

Further, to know that a god exists requires foreknowledge of what that god is - that we can identify it when we come in contact with it. Foreknowledge is an impossibility. Ergo: even if there were a god, we could not know it.

Having read the thread. Too strong for you MF. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-09-2015, 05:54 AM
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  I came here to share what might be considered "new" knowledge to most people's experience ...

How are you defining knowledge?

Do you think it is possible that the sense of transcendence that some people get from meditation could be purely subjective -- an illusion generated by the altered brain state? If so, how can you tell that what you are feeling is not also an illusion?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-09-2015, 06:19 AM
(28-09-2015 10:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  ... It doesn't appear that new ideas have much of a shelf life here ...

That may be a premature judgement as new ideas here, or in any venue, are exceedingly rare - from both theists and atheists. A genuinely new idea has to differ significantly from ideas man has put forth since the dawn of our cerebral cortecis, something an Einstein can accomplish sometimes, not so much the rest of us.

A lot of what gets paraded here as "new" is tired old nags with no legs making their thousandth appearance, a novel color or shape in the saddle blanket constituting the "new", and often promoted as the inspired "fresh wisdom" of some Grand Amalgamated Pooh-Bah eight thousand years ago (hardly new). Nothing on offer from theists ever has a sell-by date more recent than 2000 years ago, so why the label "new" gets stapled to these things does have an odor of mystery.

Other offerings from mystics and random trollers are "new" in the sense that the sequence of adjectives and adverbs they string like beads to make "sentences" are in different arrangements, but for all their color they are all blandly the same incoherent porridge. Word salads.

So no one really knows the shelf life of new ideas here - there haven't been any to measure.

Thank you.

The reaction here is no different in kind from any other group of people from any other website or area of "knowledge". The people here are more unique in that they have a knack for packaging their disdain in more erudite language. Only I can appreciate the background from when I have come and how greatly it differs from the norm. I find it sociologically consistent that people unify in their negative and overwhelming revulsion of such unconventional "wisdom".

Here is more "word salad" from Maharishi that will only be met with greater disdain because everyone here knows exactly what this is without having a clue as to what it is.

'Vedic Science is the science of Veda. 'Veda' means pure knowledge and the infinite organizing power that is inherent in the structure of pure knowledge. Pure knowledge is the state of awareness in which consciousness knows itself alone, when awareness is completely self-referral, when awareness has nothing other than itself in its structure. This state of pure knowledge, when knower, known, and process of knowing are in the self-referral state, is that all-powerful, immortal, infinite dynamism at the unmanifest basis of creation.

'This is Vedic Science: all about the knower, the known, and the process of knowing; all about consciousness, both in its self-referral, self-interacting state, and as it expresses itself in the infinite variety of the whole creation— that performance of Nature which goes on and on eternally in all spheres of time—past, present, and future. The knowledge of this most basic principle of life—the self-interacting dynamics of consciousness is the science of pure knowledge, the Science of Veda.

'Human awareness can identify itself with this most basic, self-referral value of consciousness in the state of Samadhi, or Transcendental Consciousness. This state is easily gained and most naturally enjoyed through Transcendental Meditation. The functioning of transcendental pure consciousness is the functioning of Natural Law in its most settled state.

'The conscious human mind, identifying itself with this level of Nature's functioning, gains the ability to perform in the style with which Nature performs its activity at its most fundamental level. Completely identified in Transcendental Consciousness with the full potential of Natural Law, the human mind is a field of all possibilities, spontaneously functioning in harmony with all the Laws of Nature and able to accomplish anything. This is how human life will be cultured through Vedic Science.

'What is the difference between Vedic Science and modern science? Through its objective approach, modern science reveals that which is perceived, the object. The subject, the perceiver, remains separate from it. Modern science investigates the field of the known, but it does not touch at all the field of the knower and the spontaneous process of knowing.

'Vedic Science is a complete science, which extends and fulfils the objective approach of modern science by incorporating the knower and the process of knowing into the field of investigation. It provides a complete and comprehensive knowledge of the Unified Field of all the Laws of Nature, which can be described as the unified state of the knower, the known, and the process of knowing. Vedic Science also describes the sequential mechanics through which this three-in-one structure of the Unified Field gives rise to the infinite range and diversity of Natural Law displayed in the universe.

'The knowledge of the Unified Field has been discovered by modern science during just the last few years, but complete knowledge of the Unified Field has always been available in the Vedic Literature. Today Quantum Physics has glimpsed the details of the Unified Field and is locating its three-in-one structure. This is precisely the three-in-one structure of the self-referral state of consciousness.

'Credit must be given to modern science because its objective approach has now uncovered the reality of pure subjectivity. The world of scientists should know, however, that the objective approach comes to an end there. Many more discoveries may be made on the surface, relative levels of existence, but the goal of Physics has been reached.

I would have thought that people who might think themselves intelligent might ask a question or two when presented with such non-linear information - but instead, most everyone has just pounced on all I have shared while completely dismissing my experiences which I have offered in support, and to help people understand.

This will also be met with unified condemnation.
29-09-2015, 06:26 AM
(29-09-2015 06:19 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 10:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  That may be a premature judgement as new ideas here, or in any venue, are exceedingly rare - from both theists and atheists. A genuinely new idea has to differ significantly from ideas man has put forth since the dawn of our cerebral cortecis, something an Einstein can accomplish sometimes, not so much the rest of us.

Thank you.

The reaction here is no different in kind from any other group of people from any other website or area of "knowledge". The people here are more unique in that they have a knack for packaging their disdain in more erudite language. Only I can appreciate the background from when I have come and how greatly it differs from the norm. I find it sociologically consistent that people unify in their negative and overwhelming revulsion of such unconventional "wisdom".

Here is more "word salad" from Maharishi that will only be met with greater disdain because everyone here knows exactly what this is without having a clue as to what it is.

'Vedic Science is the science of Veda. 'Veda' means pure knowledge and the infinite organizing power that is inherent in the structure of pure knowledge. Pure knowledge is the state of awareness in which consciousness knows itself alone, when awareness is completely self-referral, when awareness has nothing other than itself in its structure. This state of pure knowledge, when knower, known, and process of knowing are in the self-referral state, is that all-powerful, immortal, infinite dynamism at the unmanifest basis of creation.

'This is Vedic Science: all about the knower, the known, and the process of knowing; all about consciousness, both in its self-referral, self-interacting state, and as it expresses itself in the infinite variety of the whole creation— that performance of Nature which goes on and on eternally in all spheres of time—past, present, and future. The knowledge of this most basic principle of life—the self-interacting dynamics of consciousness is the science of pure knowledge, the Science of Veda.

'Human awareness can identify itself with this most basic, self-referral value of consciousness in the state of Samadhi, or Transcendental Consciousness. This state is easily gained and most naturally enjoyed through Transcendental Meditation. The functioning of transcendental pure consciousness is the functioning of Natural Law in its most settled state.

'The conscious human mind, identifying itself with this level of Nature's functioning, gains the ability to perform in the style with which Nature performs its activity at its most fundamental level. Completely identified in Transcendental Consciousness with the full potential of Natural Law, the human mind is a field of all possibilities, spontaneously functioning in harmony with all the Laws of Nature and able to accomplish anything. This is how human life will be cultured through Vedic Science.

'What is the difference between Vedic Science and modern science? Through its objective approach, modern science reveals that which is perceived, the object. The subject, the perceiver, remains separate from it. Modern science investigates the field of the known, but it does not touch at all the field of the knower and the spontaneous process of knowing.

'Vedic Science is a complete science, which extends and fulfils the objective approach of modern science by incorporating the knower and the process of knowing into the field of investigation. It provides a complete and comprehensive knowledge of the Unified Field of all the Laws of Nature, which can be described as the unified state of the knower, the known, and the process of knowing. Vedic Science also describes the sequential mechanics through which this three-in-one structure of the Unified Field gives rise to the infinite range and diversity of Natural Law displayed in the universe.

'The knowledge of the Unified Field has been discovered by modern science during just the last few years, but complete knowledge of the Unified Field has always been available in the Vedic Literature. Today Quantum Physics has glimpsed the details of the Unified Field and is locating its three-in-one structure. This is precisely the three-in-one structure of the self-referral state of consciousness.

'Credit must be given to modern science because its objective approach has now uncovered the reality of pure subjectivity. The world of scientists should know, however, that the objective approach comes to an end there. Many more discoveries may be made on the surface, relative levels of existence, but the goal of Physics has been reached.

I would have thought that people who might think themselves intelligent might ask a question or two when presented with such non-linear information - but instead, most everyone has just pounced on all I have shared while completely dismissing my experiences which I have offered in support, and to help people understand.

This will also be met with unified condemnation.

Science....

You keep using that word. I do not believe that word means what you think it means.

Laughat

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post