So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(28-09-2015 10:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 06:35 PM)Obie Wrote:  ... It doesn't appear that new ideas have much of a shelf life here ...

That may be a premature judgement as new ideas here, or in any venue, are exceedingly rare - from both theists and atheists. A genuinely new idea has to differ significantly from ideas man has put forth since the dawn of our cerebral cortecis, something an Einstein can accomplish sometimes, not so much the rest of us.

A lot of what gets paraded here as "new" is tired old nags with no legs making their thousandth appearance, a novel color or shape in the saddle blanket constituting the "new", and often promoted as the inspired "fresh wisdom" of some Grand Amalgamated Pooh-Bah eight thousand years ago (hardly new). Nothing on offer from theists ever has a sell-by date more recent than 2000 years ago, so why the label "new" gets stapled to these things does have an odor of mystery.

Other offerings from mystics and random trollers are "new" in the sense that the sequence of adjectives and adverbs they string like beads to make "sentences" are in different arrangements, but for all their color they are all blandly the same incoherent porridge. Word salads.

So no one really knows the shelf life of new ideas here - there haven't been any to measure.

As I am out on a limb all by myself and one that everyone is efforting to saw off, I may as well help them with a more outrageous story (which everyone will again dismiss instantly, as everyone here far outranks me in their abilities of discernment):

I got divorced around thirty years ago, back when I was young man, and when I was into things natural, holistic, and metaphysical. I was indeed even somewhat "new-agey", as were many others.

Anyway, the divorce process became quite the ordeal, and it was taking a lot out of me -and like anyone else might, I pondered the deeper reasons what was going on and why - on the most sublime level - and so, for the very first time I thought I might dabble in trance channeling to divine these impossible queries. (A trance channeler goes into a trance and allows an entity from the "beyond" to speak through them - simply put.) Anyway, it didn't take much to locate such a thing back when, and I found a channeler just ten minutes from my home.

And so I went.

And I went again.

And I went a few times more.

I thought it fun receiving very different types of information from what was ostensibly the discarnate realm of metaphysical beings. Plus, I was actually developing a relationship with the voice, or the entity - or whatever it was.

Looking back on it, yes, it might seem incredibly strange now, but back when - not so much. And no, I haven't tried it since. I'm no longer new-agey. I'm quantum-mechanically.

To sum up, I don't really recall all the information given about my wife and me from the sessions - except for one story about how she and I were married back in ancient Egypt, and how my wife had died - and how I then married her twin sister - which I mention because it was sort of a "hit" in that after we finally got divorced in this lifetime, I fell in love with her sister, who was almost identical in looks to my wife.

Pretty weird.

Anyway, the purpose for this post is to relate a different story that ensued from the channelings.

After a few sessions, and as the entity and I were hitting it off so well, I got the nerve to ask the sixty-three million dollar question - could I have the winning lottery numbers?

Right?

Why not see what happens?

I mean, if this whole metaphysical sideshow had any merit, I figured, why not challenge the entity - and if the entity came through, it would earn the entity much street cred - or meta-cred, as it were.

And so I asked for numbers, and this is what unfolded:

The entity said that as "it" existed outside time and space - and since six number combinations are so complex, that although "it" could give me a winning set, "it" could in no way predict when the set might hit in my time/space matrix. The voice said that the smaller the set of numbers, the smaller the window of time they could reasonably say that the numbers would hit. So, to experiment, they gave me a pick 3 set of daily numbers and said it would probably hit in the next two weeks.

So I thanked the entity, and left.

The number set I was given was 2-7-2.

You may ask how I still remember this number set.

It will become obvious by the end of the story.

As I didn't have a lot of money back then, I played five dollars a day on the set - which would have reaped a $2,500 payout. A week went by. I hadn't felt that the numbers were about to hit. Not until the next week, Thursday, when I got the strong feeling that the next day, Friday, the numbers would hit - right at the end of the two-week window.

So Friday morning I plopped down twenty bucks on 272 - which would win me $10,000.

Now, I have two sisters who are not at all into this sort of thing as they are strictly earth-based types, but I did find myself on the phone early that evening, right before the drawing, with one of my sisters - and as it is my nature, I decided to share with her what was going on, as I wanted a witness - just as I had wanted a witness in the 9/11 story I shared earlier.

Remarkably, my sister took it pretty well.

But right before I hung up with her, I exclaimed, "At least that _____ of a wife won't get a penny of THIS money!"

And right when I said it, I felt a shift within, and thought, "Oh shit, I shouldn't have said that."

And then I proceeded to watch the numbers come up on the drawing: 2-7-1.

I was stunned.

But somehow, I knew exactly what had happened, and why.

I booked another channeling session and before I could even greet the entity with a "hello" upon my arrival, "it" ripped into me for violating the laws of giving by wishing ill on someone else based on my gift.

I got a real comeuppance.

And I never asked for numbers again.

This story raises all sorts of questions, I know. And as I can predict, people here will dismiss it immediately - which is what happens when people are faced with something well outside their matrix of experience and knowing. And no, I don't base my understandings on such singularly strange events - I'm not that facile-minded - but my understandings do account for such non-linear events.

I have other stories. But I won't tell them.

Suffice it to say that when it comes to "knowing" - it goes far beyond rational objectivity.

It's much more a quantum thing

This, I know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Obie's post
29-09-2015, 06:53 AM
(29-09-2015 06:51 AM)Obie Wrote:  I have other stories. But I won't tell them.

Please don't. Drinking Beverage

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-09-2015, 06:55 AM
We heard it,

Welcome brother.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-09-2015, 07:05 AM
So you exchanged new age woo for quantum woo. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-09-2015, 07:18 AM
(29-09-2015 07:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So you exchanged new age woo for quantum woo. Tongue

I can't figure out if this guy is for real or just a dick troll... He seems to be genuinely confused as to why coming to a forum full of skeptics and displaying a profound ignorance of science wouldn't be well received. Consider

I still struggle to accept the fact that there truly are human beings out there capable of this level of stupidity. My mind wants to reject that possibility because it's fucking terrifying.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-09-2015, 07:25 AM
(29-09-2015 06:51 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 10:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  That may be a premature judgement as new ideas here, or in any venue, are exceedingly rare - from both theists and atheists. A genuinely new idea has to differ significantly from ideas man has put forth since the dawn of our cerebral cortecis, something an Einstein can accomplish sometimes, not so much the rest of us.

A lot of what gets paraded here as "new" is tired old nags with no legs making their thousandth appearance, a novel color or shape in the saddle blanket constituting the "new", and often promoted as the inspired "fresh wisdom" of some Grand Amalgamated Pooh-Bah eight thousand years ago (hardly new). Nothing on offer from theists ever has a sell-by date more recent than 2000 years ago, so why the label "new" gets stapled to these things does have an odor of mystery.

Other offerings from mystics and random trollers are "new" in the sense that the sequence of adjectives and adverbs they string like beads to make "sentences" are in different arrangements, but for all their color they are all blandly the same incoherent porridge. Word salads.

So no one really knows the shelf life of new ideas here - there haven't been any to measure.

As I am out on a limb all by myself and one that everyone is efforting to saw off, I may as well help them with a more outrageous story (which everyone will again dismiss instantly, as everyone here far outranks me in their abilities of discernment):

I got divorced around thirty years ago, back when I was young man, and when I was into things natural, holistic, and metaphysical. I was indeed even somewhat "new-agey", as were many others.

Anyway, the divorce process became quite the ordeal, and it was taking a lot out of me -and like anyone else might, I pondered the deeper reasons what was going on and why - on the most sublime level - and so, for the very first time I thought I might dabble in trance channeling to divine these impossible queries. (A trance channeler goes into a trance and allows an entity from the "beyond" to speak through them - simply put.) Anyway, it didn't take much to locate such a thing back when, and I found a channeler just ten minutes from my home.

And so I went.

And I went again.

And I went a few times more.

I thought it fun receiving very different types of information from what was ostensibly the discarnate realm of metaphysical beings. Plus, I was actually developing a relationship with the voice, or the entity - or whatever it was.

Looking back on it, yes, it might seem incredibly strange now, but back when - not so much. And no, I haven't tried it since. I'm no longer new-agey. I'm quantum-mechanically.

To sum up, I don't really recall all the information given about my wife and me from the sessions - except for one story about how she and I were married back in ancient Egypt, and how my wife had died - and how I then married her twin sister - which I mention because it was sort of a "hit" in that after we finally got divorced in this lifetime, I fell in love with her sister, who was almost identical in looks to my wife.

Pretty weird.

Anyway, the purpose for this post is to relate a different story that ensued from the channelings.

After a few sessions, and as the entity and I were hitting it off so well, I got the nerve to ask the sixty-three million dollar question - could I have the winning lottery numbers?

Right?

Why not see what happens?

I mean, if this whole metaphysical sideshow had any merit, I figured, why not challenge the entity - and if the entity came through, it would earn the entity much street cred - or meta-cred, as it were.

And so I asked for numbers, and this is what unfolded:

The entity said that as "it" existed outside time and space - and since six number combinations are so complex, that although "it" could give me a winning set, "it" could in no way predict when the set might hit in my time/space matrix. The voice said that the smaller the set of numbers, the smaller the window of time they could reasonably say that the numbers would hit. So, to experiment, they gave me a pick 3 set of daily numbers and said it would probably hit in the next two weeks.

So I thanked the entity, and left.

The number set I was given was 2-7-2.

You may ask how I still remember this number set.

It will become obvious by the end of the story.

As I didn't have a lot of money back then, I played five dollars a day on the set - which would have reaped a $2,500 payout. A week went by. I hadn't felt that the numbers were about to hit. Not until the next week, Thursday, when I got the strong feeling that the next day, Friday, the numbers would hit - right at the end of the two-week window.

So Friday morning I plopped down twenty bucks on 272 - which would win me $10,000.

Now, I have two sisters who are not at all into this sort of thing as they are strictly earth-based types, but I did find myself on the phone early that evening, right before the drawing, with one of my sisters - and as it is my nature, I decided to share with her what was going on, as I wanted a witness - just as I had wanted a witness in the 9/11 story I shared earlier.

Remarkably, my sister took it pretty well.

But right before I hung up with her, I exclaimed, "At least that _____ of a wife won't get a penny of THIS money!"

And right when I said it, I felt a shift within, and thought, "Oh shit, I shouldn't have said that."

And then I proceeded to watch the numbers come up on the drawing: 2-7-1.

I was stunned.

But somehow, I knew exactly what had happened, and why.

I booked another channeling session and before I could even greet the entity with a "hello" upon my arrival, "it" ripped into me for violating the laws of giving by wishing ill on someone else based on my gift.

I got a real comeuppance.

And I never asked for numbers again.

This story raises all sorts of questions, I know. And as I can predict, people here will dismiss it immediately - which is what happens when people are faced with something well outside their matrix of experience and knowing. And no, I don't base my understandings on such singularly strange events - I'm not that facile-minded - but my understandings do account for such non-linear events.

I have other stories. But I won't tell them.

Suffice it to say that when it comes to "knowing" - it goes far beyond rational objectivity.

It's much more a quantum thing

This, I know.

You realise that guessing numbers is a lot easier when there's fewer of them? If "the entity" had to pick a winning number between 1 and 10 it'd hardly be surprising if it managed to pick the right one *at random*.

With 3 digits it's less likely but that's 1000 possible numbers that it can pick. 1 in 1000 probabilities aren't that uncommon. Also you counted it as a hit even if it got the numbers slightly wrong, such as 271. I expect that 172, 372, 282, 262 and 273 you would have also counted as a hit. If we assume (reasonably) that you are so goddamn credulous that you'd take something like 972 as a hit as well we're already heading up into territory where the chance is 1 in 100 or 1 in 50, which is much better odds.

And *then*, on top of that you decided that you'd keep playing *until* you got a hit. You practically guaranteed that you would generate a hit eventually. Add to that that "the entity" said it would *probably* generate a hit "within the next two weeks"... So hey, if it didn't get a hit it was just bad luck maaan Rolleyes

Your "test" for the genuineness of your entity's prediction powers is ridiculously flawed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Plus you then go on to invent reasons why you didn't get it right Rolleyes "Oh, the entity was angry with me, I wished harm on another".

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2015, 07:28 AM
PS: Come on you silly sod. Demonstrate your levitation powers. You claimed you could.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 08:12 AM
(29-09-2015 06:19 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... but instead, most everyone has just pounced on all I have shared while completely dismissing my experiences which I have offered in support, and to help people understand ...

Except that you haven't:

(27-09-2015 11:16 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... The ONLY way to know anything about this technique is to experience it. Words, descriptions, pronouncements, declarations and polemics aside ...

And then you bitch about not being understood:

(29-09-2015 06:19 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... This will also be met with unified condemnation ...

If I go onto a motorcycles forum and rave on about how I've put nutritious tires on and achieved infinite steering power what sort of reception do you think that would get? There isn't any difference between that gobbledygook and raving on about "pure" knowledge and "infinite organizing power" - adjectives tacked onto nouns without any regard for congruence of sense.

My advice to anyone who complains they aren't understood is to look inward first, because the likelihood that a single author hasn't done enough homework is much greater than the likelihood that a near unanimity of readers are too dense to understand what an infinitely nutritious tire is referring to.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
29-09-2015, 08:27 AM
(29-09-2015 08:12 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 06:19 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... but instead, most everyone has just pounced on all I have shared while completely dismissing my experiences which I have offered in support, and to help people understand ...

Except that you haven't:

(27-09-2015 11:16 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... The ONLY way to know anything about this technique is to experience it. Words, descriptions, pronouncements, declarations and polemics aside ...

And then you bitch about not being understood:

(29-09-2015 06:19 AM)Obie Wrote:  ... This will also be met with unified condemnation ...

If I go onto a motorcycles forum and rave on about how I've put nutritious tires on and achieved infinite steering power what sort of reception do you think that would get? There isn't any difference between that gobbledygook and raving on about "pure" knowledge and "infinite organizing power" - adjectives tacked onto nouns without any regard for congruence of sense.

My advice to anyone who complains they aren't understood is to look inward first, because the likelihood that a single author hasn't done enough homework is much greater than the likelihood that a near unanimity of readers are too dense to understand what an infinitely nutritious tire is referring to.

I have offered stories, first-hand accounts for what I have posited, including levitation, which, of course, everyone got hung up on for its phenomenal value.

"Knowing" involves a relationship between the knower and the object of knowing - a dichotomy, as it were, as they seemingly exist apart from one another. The technology of what I speak attends to the knower side of the equation - and to the fact that the knower has the innate ability to access "all knowing" through the ability to map our consciousness to the unified field where all is known already - and where knowing, as well as creating, becomes merely a function of pushing a button. I would think that as this website extols exoteric knowing to the max, that it might find it unusually appealing to suggest that there is an esoteric aspect to knowing, especially as epistemology is like a religion to most here.