So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(29-09-2015 08:27 AM)Obie Wrote:  I have offered stories, first-hand accounts for what I have posited, including levitation, which, of course, everyone got hung up on for its phenomenal value.
Do any of your stories involve actual levitation or is it still that bouncing on the bed bullshit? I can do that myself without woo.

Quote:"Knowing" involves a relationship between the knower and the object of knowing - a dichotomy, as it were, as they seemingly exist apart from one another. The technology of what I speak attends to the knower side of the equation - and to the fact that the knower has the innate ability to access "all knowing" through the ability to map our consciousness to the unified field where all is known already - and where knowing, as well as creating, becomes merely a function of pushing a button. I would think that as this website extols exoteric knowing to the max, that it might find it unusually appealing to suggest that there is an esoteric aspect to knowing, especially as epistemology is like a religion to most here.
"Esoteric knowing" Rolleyes When the scientific method isn't enough? Yet you still want to claim you can talk about science, with all your magic words like "quantum".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2015, 08:55 AM
(29-09-2015 08:27 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:12 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Except that you haven't:

And then you bitch about not being understood:

If I go onto a motorcycles forum and rave on about how I've put nutritious tires on and achieved infinite steering power what sort of reception do you think that would get? There isn't any difference between that gobbledygook and raving on about "pure" knowledge and "infinite organizing power" - adjectives tacked onto nouns without any regard for congruence of sense.

My advice to anyone who complains they aren't understood is to look inward first, because the likelihood that a single author hasn't done enough homework is much greater than the likelihood that a near unanimity of readers are too dense to understand what an infinitely nutritious tire is referring to.

I have offered stories, first-hand accounts for what I have posited, including levitation, which, of course, everyone got hung up on for its phenomenal value.

"Knowing" involves a relationship between the knower and the object of knowing - a dichotomy, as it were, as they seemingly exist apart from one another. The technology of what I speak attends to the knower side of the equation - and to the fact that the knower has the innate ability to access "all knowing" through the ability to map our consciousness to the unified field where all is known already - and where knowing, as well as creating, becomes merely a function of pushing a button. I would think that as this website extols exoteric knowing to the max, that it might find it unusually appealing to suggest that there is an esoteric aspect to knowing, especially as epistemology is like a religion to most here.

Man, there is just something not right with this one. Too much of a flake to take seriously - either damaged, gullible or on drugs!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
29-09-2015, 08:58 AM
(29-09-2015 08:27 AM)Obie Wrote:  I have offered stories, first-hand accounts for what I have posited, including levitation, which, of course, everyone got hung up on for its phenomenal value.

As a point of interest, what, then, do you make of the numerous and varied stories of direct, first-hand accounts experienced by the believers in every major religion and most of the minor ones?

If magic feels are your gold standard then you must accept all of them.

Do you?

... this is my signature!
29-09-2015, 09:02 AM
There is no lottery I know of that repeats numbers. The set 2-7-2 is complete nonsense. And I don't think it was meant as 272 else it would have been stated as 272; writing it as 2-7-2 signifies the digits were treated separately.

There are other aspects of that episode that fail congruence. A declaration that someone won't share in a win gets conflated into a wish for "evil". And the leaps of supposition are vacant of logic: The "loss" is attributed to that wish for "evil" without the slightest accounting for the fact that there were many participants in that lottery for whom, if we are to accept that some "entity" "manipulated" the game to "punish" only one of its players, that same entity (or other entities) would be manipulating the game for other players too; there'd be no way to ascertain whether any outcome were "meant" for you or somebody else. Or that no manipulation occurred at all.

Vigorous hopping is asserted to be levitation. A feeling of unease on Sep 10 is asserted to be "foreknowledge" of the Sept 11 attack. Losing a lottery game that picks a single number twice is asserted to have been the deliberate work of a punitive agent. No honest intellect can begin to take these kinds of things seriously because NOT EVEN THEIR AUTHOR is taking the trouble to give such ideas serious attention and describe them coherently.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
29-09-2015, 09:18 AM
But, can I just comment on how indescribably special it is to take a failed prediction as evidence?
"I got the wrong numbers, so it must be right!"

Jesus fuck that's some strong motivated reasoning.

[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
29-09-2015, 09:21 AM
(29-09-2015 09:02 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  There is no lottery I know of that repeats numbers. The set 2-7-2 is complete nonsense. And I don't think it was meant as 272 else it would have been stated as 272; writing it as 2-7-2 signifies the digits were treated separately.

There are other aspects of that episode that fail congruence. A declaration that someone won't share in a win gets conflated into a wish for "evil". And the leaps of supposition are vacant of logic: The "loss" is attributed to that wish for "evil" without the slightest accounting for the fact that there were many participants in that lottery for whom, if we are to accept that some "entity" "manipulated" the game to "punish" only one of its players, that same entity (or other entities) would be manipulating the game for other players too; there'd be no way to ascertain whether any outcome were "meant" for you or somebody else. Or that no manipulation occurred at all.

Vigorous hopping is asserted to be levitation. A feeling of unease on Sep 10 is asserted to be "foreknowledge" of the Sept 11 attack. Losing a lottery game that picks a single number twice is asserted to have been the deliberate work of a punitive agent. No honest intellect can begin to take these kinds of things seriously because NOT EVEN THEIR AUTHOR is taking the trouble to give such ideas serious attention and describe them coherently.

The reason I respond to you is that you display the least amount of vitriol. Others I will never respond to.

In the "Pick 3" daily game you pick any three numbers in any sequence. You can play them in either of two ways. If you play them "straight" then they have to come up in the specific order played. If you play them "box" as it is called, then they can come up in any order at all, but you win a lot less as the odds are much more in your favor. And of course, you can play any numbers, even the same number across the board as the numbers are drawn from three separate chambers that contain all 10 numbers. Ergo, you could easily get 333 for instance.

I cannot speak definitively to my experience as to all the finer mechanics. It registered right away that I had done something "incongruous" as you might posit that prevented me from winning. It isn't a matter of good or evil but of not accepting a gift in the purity of its offering.

I am being eminently patient here as I can appreciate how incredibly obtuse all this sounds. If anyone wants to start behaving a bit more graciously, it would be appreciated.

Levitation is not a muscular activity. It is a jolt of energy. The connection with the unified filed is quite spotting at our place of development. It's like a bad cell phone reception area.
29-09-2015, 09:22 AM
(29-09-2015 09:21 AM)Obie Wrote:  Levitation is not a muscular activity. It is a jolt of energy. The connection with the unified filed is quite spotting at our place of development. It's like a bad cell phone reception area.

Wonderful.

Where's the evidence?

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
29-09-2015, 09:25 AM
(29-09-2015 09:21 AM)Obie Wrote:  I am being eminently patient here as I can appreciate how incredibly obtuse all this sounds. If anyone wants to start behaving a bit more graciously, it would be appreciated.
Rolleyes You can appreciate how obtuse it sounds, yet you reserve the right to be butthurt. Grow a spine FFS.

Quote:Levitation is not a muscular activity. It is a jolt of energy. The connection with the unified filed is quite spotting at our place of development. It's like a bad cell phone reception area.
So... it is basically bouncing up and down and pretending that you didn't use your muscles Facepalm "Unified field" Rolleyes

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 09:29 AM
(29-09-2015 09:22 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:21 AM)Obie Wrote:  Levitation is not a muscular activity. It is a jolt of energy. The connection with the unified filed is quite spotting at our place of development. It's like a bad cell phone reception area.

Wonderful.

Where's the evidence?

You and your pesky evidence. Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
29-09-2015, 09:38 AM
I can't believe that a grown ass man is here trying to convince us that bouncing up and down on a mattress is evidence of the truth of his woo Dodgy I mean, seriously, that's... it's fucking *DUMB*. A 3 year old would laugh. Fuck sakes Hobo

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post