So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(29-09-2015 12:28 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's part of the problem Obie. You offer stories. No demonstrable occurrences. And no evidence for such ability outside of these stories.

I could just as easily tell a story about my love affair with Scarlett Johansson and I doubt anyone would believe that eater without the proper evidence. (No matter how much I wish is was true.)
She told me I was the only one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-09-2015, 12:57 PM
(29-09-2015 12:04 PM)Obie Wrote:  To me, atheism does not go beyond itself to account for all that exists in a singular way - which is fine, but it isn't where I am in my understanding as I submit that there is a unified field that may well explain the existence of everything. I felt it worthwhile to present it here as it ties so directly in with discussions of theism. Apparently the possibility of a universal singularity is outside the lines of discussion here. As everyone here can only hold in their minds what they can hold in their hands.

Atheism is a response to a single question. You can be an atheist and still be irrational on other subjects.

Your subjective "feels" are useless to anybody else. If you want to demonstrate that there is truth to your claim then you need to figure out how to put it to the test. When you can show reliable, verifiable evidence for this "field" then you will be taken seriously. Until then, tossing word salad of a "universal singularity" only deserves a pat on the head and a cookie.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
29-09-2015, 02:08 PM
(29-09-2015 10:54 AM)Obie Wrote:  It would seem that we will never get beyond the levitation thing, although it is but one of an infinite array of super normal abilities.

It's simply the one you've most clearly referred to.
(repeatedly)

I'm open to evidence of anything.

I just don't think you have any.

(29-09-2015 10:54 AM)Obie Wrote:  There is an odd number of sutras - which seems to beg the need for just one more to make a certain nice round number. After my course I learned that there had been one additional sutra that was subsequently dropped - it was for invisibility. For turning one's self invisible. Which I also heard had to do with bending light rays. But as I heard, the US Department of Defense got wind and put a lid on it for very obvious national security reasons.

Unambiguous public demonstration of such abilities would render any attempt to silence you futile. Notwithstanding the 199 other places on Earth you could go.

Anecdotes plus lol conspiracy doesn't make for any better evidence than plain anecdotes.

(29-09-2015 10:54 AM)Obie Wrote:  So one sutra was dropped.

Years later, I came into contact with a guy from California. A fellow meditator who had learned the sutra and who then shared it with me. It made perfect sense in its design compared with the other sutras, and when I practiced it, I had a pronounced inner reaction, but of course, I didn't turn invisible. It doesn't work manifestly just as levitation also has very insignificant outer results. Our wiring is too shabby at present to produce pristine results. But there is always an inner response - which is, of course, non-transferrable and thus, not objectively provable.

Nice walk-back! That "of course" is rather telling.

Apparently when you say "invisible" or "levitate" you don't mean actually invisible or levitating - not in the sense that any external observer would notice.

This, of course, means that all you're really talking about is feels. Certain ritual activities give you interesting feels.

That's... not special. Lots of people get feels.

As to the fact that you admit it to be meaninglessly subjective, I have to wonder just what you expected to accomplish by mentioning it somewhere like this of all places, let alone what kind of reaction you'd get.

(29-09-2015 10:54 AM)Obie Wrote:  All of what I have stated hinges on the existence of the unified field and in our ability to map to it through our consciousness. I believe I have had several experiences of this phenomenon, as they have defied all forms/avenues of objective knowing.

As I have also stated, the father of quantum physics, Max Plank, back in the early 1930's declared the unified field and consciousness to be one in the same.

He did not. He said some vague things which you've chosen to believe agree with your very particular personal woo. In that you're no different from a thousand others appropriating sufficiently vague historical figures. So there's that.

By any modern standard he was hopelessly ignorant, so there's that too.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
29-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(29-09-2015 10:54 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  As a point of interest, what, then, do you make of the numerous and varied stories of direct, first-hand accounts experienced by the believers in every major religion and most of the minor ones?

If magic feels are your gold standard then you must accept all of them.

Do you?

It would seem that we will never get beyond the levitation thing, although it is but one of an infinite array of super normal abilities.

There is an odd number of sutras - which seems to beg the need for just one more to make a certain nice round number. After my course I learned that there had been one additional sutra that was subsequently dropped - it was for invisibility. For turning one's self invisible. Which I also heard had to do with bending light rays. But as I heard, the US Department of Defense got wind and put a lid on it for very obvious national security reasons.

So one sutra was dropped.

Years later, I came into contact with a guy from California. A fellow meditator who had learned the sutra and who then shared it with me. It made perfect sense in its design compared with the other sutras, and when I practiced it, I had a pronounced inner reaction, but of course, I didn't turn invisible. It doesn't work manifestly just as levitation also has very insignificant outer results. Our wiring is too shabby at present to produce pristine results. But there is always an inner response - which is, of course, non-transferrable and thus, not objectively provable.

All of what I have stated hinges on the existence of the unified field and in our ability to map to it through our consciousness. I believe I have had several experiences of this phenomenon, as they have defied all forms/avenues of objective knowing.

As I have also stated, the father of quantum physics, Max Plank, back in the early 1930's declared the unified field and consciousness to be one in the same.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
29-09-2015, 03:47 PM
(29-09-2015 09:21 AM)Obie Wrote:  Levitation is not a muscular activity. It is a jolt of energy. The connection with the unified filed is quite spotting at our place of development. It's like a bad cell phone reception area.

[Image: 5nLoA9s.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Talviomena's post
29-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Okay, Obie.... This is post #286 and I still don't understand why you're trying to convince us about levitation or your religious principles. What's the goal here? Are you trying to just have a conversation, or are you looking for us to believe? What do we gain if we believe?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
29-09-2015, 08:51 PM
So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
I'm calling bullshit on this. And I'm the one who used to meditate and had a vision.

Call me when Obie has video we can dissect.
29-09-2015, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2015 09:30 PM by Obie.)
(29-09-2015 08:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, Obie.... This is post #286 and I still don't understand why you're trying to convince us about levitation or your religious principles. What's the goal here? Are you trying to just have a conversation, or are you looking for us to believe? What do we gain if we believe?

Congratulations. We have come down to you as the only person I will reply to. But only because it "seems" that you have a civil bone in your body. I could be wrong. I have been wrong before and granted too much credit to others here for their seeming good manners. It is amazing that a person can be attacked over and over for sharing their knowledge and experience and having it both dismissed categorically if not thrown right back into their face as if I really didn't have the experiences, or that I'm making it all up, or that I'm completely nuts or misinformed. How many people here would tolerate what I've tolerated? Having their honesty, their intentions, their intelligence, and their credibility challenged every inch of the way? It would scare me if I were among so many people who acted and behaved in such perfect synchrony. Has no one here have anything left to experience or to learn? I have explained the principles I have introduced and have given examples from my experience in support. I am not selling anything. I am not trying to talk anyone here into anything. Does anyone think I am that stupid? I wouldn't attempt to talk anyone here into surrendering a dime if I met them on the street and was starving to death. I've never experienced a crowd like this in my life. And when I object at ll, it's all thrown back at me as if I incited something here. Read my first post. Read the first ten pages of posts. I came here respectfully just to share. I started the conversation off with ideas that I figured were new just to get a read and to maybe offer people something new. I didn't come here to sell anyone on levitation. But when it came out as a matter of course, it completely took over the discourse. Now people won't let it go. It is just one of many mental techniques designed to improve brain wave coherence - which is does - despite the fact that the outer manifestation is not yet realized. But it isn't practiced for the outer manifestation. It isn't a sideshow. It's a way to accelerator evolution. Period. I also shared experiences that I believe point to our ability to access the unified field. I have had my share of these otherwise unexplainable experiences. Yet when I share them, people want proof of the unified field - which Einstein couldn't prove - and which is unmanifest - non-objective - non-specific - so how the hell is anyone supposed to prove it? The best we can do at this point is to point to the possible results of accessing it as a sort of a cursory proof. I have a history of knowing things with no objective basis. Could this point to a non-objective basis? I say it very well could. Your post, by the way, is way off the mark. it doesn't apply to me at all nor what I was attempting here which admittedly was a misconceived high wire act over a very resolute and unified audience with very narrow tastes for anything that lies outside provable objectivity. It sounds to me that you have not read what I've written for you to state what you stated, so in all probability, you will also turn on me and I will have made yet another mistake in giving someone too much credit for being socially graceful. Someone said that IQ and education mean nothing here. THAT I can agree with.
29-09-2015, 09:27 PM
(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, Obie.... This is post #286 and I still don't understand why you're trying to convince us about levitation or your religious principles. What's the goal here? Are you trying to just have a conversation, or are you looking for us to believe? What do we gain if we believe?

Congratulations. we have come down to you as the only person I will reply to. But only because it "seems" that you have a civil bone in your body. I could be wrong. I have been wrong before and granted too much credit to others here for their seeming good manners. It is amazing that a person can be attacked over and over for sharing their knowledge and experience and having it both dismissed categorically if not thrown right back into their face as if I really didn't have the experiences, or that I'm making it all up, or that I'm completely nuts or misinformed. How many people here would tolerate what I've tolerated? Having their honesty, their intentions, their intelligence, and their credibility challenged every inch of the way? It would scare me if I were among so many people who acted and behaved in such perfect synchrony. Has no one here have anything left to experience or to learn? I have explained the principles I have introduced and have given examples from my experience in support. I am not selling anything. I am not trying to talk anyone here into anything. Does anyone think I am that stupid? I wouldn't attempt to talk anyone here into surrendering a dime if I met them on the street and was starving to death. I've never experienced a crowd like this in my life. And when I object at ll, it's all thrown back at me as if I incited something here. Read my first post. Read the first ten pages of posts. I came here respectfully just to share. I started the conversation off with ideas that I figured were new just to get a read and to maybe offer people something new. I didn't come here to sell anyone on levitation. But when it came out as a matter of course, it completely took over the discourse. Now people won't let it go. It is just one of many mental techniques designed to improve brain wave coherence - which is does - despite the fact that the outer manifestation is not yet realized. But it isn't practiced for the outer manifestation. It isn't a sideshow. It's a way to accelerator evolution. Period. I also shared experiences that I believe point to our ability to access the unified field. I have had my share of these otherwise unexplainable experiences. Yet when I share them, people want proof of the unified field - which Einstein couldn't prove - and which is unmanifest - non-objective - non-specific - so how the hell is anyone supposed to prove it? The best we can do at this point is to point to the possible results of accessing it as a sort of a cursory proof. I have a history of knowing things with no objective basis. Could this point to a non-objective basis? I say it very well could. Your post, by the way, is way off the mark. it doesn't apply to me at all nor what I was attempting here which admittedly was a misconceived high wire act over a very resolute and unified audience with very narrow tastes for anything that lies outside provable objectivity. It sounds to me that you have not read what I've written for you to state what you stated, so in all probability, you will also turn on me and I will have made yet another mistake in giving someone too much credit for being socially graceful. Someone said that IQ and education mean nothing here. THAT I can agree with.

Oh, poor little butt-hurt you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-09-2015, 09:51 PM
(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  It is amazing that a person can be attacked over and over for sharing their knowledge and experience and having it both dismissed categorically if not thrown right back into their face as if I really didn't have the experiences, or that I'm making it all up, or that I'm completely nuts or misinformed.

The claims that you make are quite extraordinary, and require quite a lot of evidence to be accepted.

Your word is not evidence.

And yes, that does mean that we don't believe you. It's not personal; many people that I quite like can be very much wrong about things. It's just the truth.

Your perception is fallible. Until you actually provide some evidence that anything you say is anything more than a load of donkey droppings, that is precisely how much weight it will be given here.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  How many people here would tolerate what I've tolerated?

Probably very few, because the other people here tend to be rational enough not to make such baseless claims in the first place.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  Has no one here have anything left to experience or to learn?

Oh, quite a lot.

You have done nothing to establish that you are the one to teach us.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  Does anyone think I am that stupid?

Not the faintest idea. But you are quite silly.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  It is just one of many mental techniques designed to improve brain wave coherence

This is a meaningless phrase.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  It isn't a sideshow. It's a way to accelerator evolution.

Likewise.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  I also shared experiences that I believe point to our ability to access the unified field.

And these carry no weight unless you have actual evidence to support them.

(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  I have a history of knowing things with no objective basis.

No, you don't. You have a history of believing things with no objective basis.

There is a difference.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 10 users Like Unbeliever's post