So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  ... so in all probability, you will also turn on me ...

When the response is to consistently "turn on you" it's time to consider the possibility that what you're presenting needs more work, not that the whole of a group of people are discarding your presentation just to be obnoxious.

More important, anyone who thinks they're the only one who has it right and everybody else is wrong is someone dead to being able to learn anything new. It ain't a matter of us rejecting your claims, it's a matter of YOU rejecting our many salient evaluations of your claims - most of which simply point out that your claims are threadbare and need considerable additional work to warrant serious consideration. Far from rejection it's an invitation to get busy doing some honest learning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
29-09-2015, 11:48 PM
(29-09-2015 09:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  I have a history of knowing things with no objective basis.

No, you don't. You have a history of believing things with no objective basis.

There is a difference.

Laugh out load "I know this is completely subjectively based, but it's objectively true. I feels it."

You getting anywhere bouncing on the mattress, Obie? Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-09-2015, 02:29 AM
Obie

There is a barbaric process in science called peer review. Other people visciously attempt to rip apart every aspect of your work or idea.

What you are experiencing here is a small bit of that process. Those who have a fantasy or delusion are often shocked the most when reality smacks them in the face as they hit the brick wall of peer review.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
30-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Obie, do you have a lightsabre?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-09-2015, 06:16 AM
(29-09-2015 09:06 PM)Obie Wrote:  It is amazing that a person can be attacked over and over for sharing their knowledge and experience and having it both dismissed categorically if not thrown right back into their face as if I really didn't have the experiences, or that I'm making it all up, or that I'm completely nuts or misinformed. How many people here would tolerate what I've tolerated? Having their honesty, their intentions, their intelligence, and their credibility challenged every inch of the way?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
30-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Alrighty then, sounds like you’re here purely for the purpose of sharing your ideas and beliefs; maybe getting some feedback in return. I can relate to that because I’m also a theist and I’m not here to sell anyone on my religion and views.
But to be perfectly fair, there are known cults out there based on the eastern religions who are absolutely out there to suck unsuspecting people into their folds. It’s a problem, and the people here are vigilant to protect against such threats. There is also the knee-jerk proselytization factor that many ex-Christians are anticipating from all religious types simply because it’s their default understanding of what all religious people must be like.

And by the way, I understand your apprehension about my personality. There is a search tool on the forums where you can type my username and see past posts that I’ve made. This may help you to piece together what kind of person I am.

(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  My background is in the quantum mechanics of consciousness as promulgated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Very well… I’ve done some very brief research on this movement. Seems your institution is backed by a physicist who carries a PhD from Harvard -I think you even mentioned him in one of your posts. Can you provide me with a talking point from his research and some backup for me to investigate? Please try to keep it to very digestible amounts.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
30-09-2015, 07:29 AM
How ironic that the only civilized sort whom I can discourse with on an atheist website is a theist. It speaks volumes. I invite you to be the first person to heed my invitation to go to YouTube and search Dr. John Hagelin Consciousness Part 1 and invest 11 minutes of your life listening to a very suucinct summation of what I speak. I am not a devotee of anyone or of anything. The quantum mechanics of consciousness is appealing to me at this time and in my place of consciousness. Yes, I would submit that theism is pure fantasy, but I also submit that hard atheism blindly discards all hints of an abiding unity and cohesiveness throughout creation. What I have gleaned from this website is the commonalities atheists share with fundamental believers in their reactive revulsion of reasonable constructs that challenge their global understandings. I share experiences in which other people were present and to anything and everything I post I get a summons for proof. I could share what my 16th Birthday party was like and the first response would be for proof. Thank you.
30-09-2015, 07:56 AM
(30-09-2015 07:29 AM)Obie Wrote:  It speaks volumes.

About how much uranus hertz Rolleyes

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Come on, mattress-bouncer. You said you could levitate and quote "it's not muscular, it's an energy jolt" Facepalm The level of stupidity required to accept this claim is mind-boggling, the fact that you yourself have managed to convince yourself that there's something mystic involved sure speaks volumes about your credulity. God forbid that you should ever experience diarrhoea, you'd conclude it must be the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's inner cleansing technique causing your body to forcibly reject impurities Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-09-2015, 08:27 AM
(30-09-2015 07:29 AM)Obie Wrote:  How ironic that the only civilized sort whom I can discourse with on an atheist website is a theist.

I have been quite polite to you. I have just also been quite blunt about thinking that your ideas about meditation, levitation, and so forth are nonsense.

There is a difference between being blunt and being uncivil. If you see every post rejecting your claims as a personal attack, that is on you, not the other participants.

(30-09-2015 07:29 AM)Obie Wrote:  Yes, I would submit that theism is pure fantasy, but I also submit that hard atheism blindly discards all hints of an abiding unity and cohesiveness throughout creation.

This is another incoherent non-phrase.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post