So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(01-10-2015 03:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 07:26 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I would love to comment, but it feels more like Obie is talking at people and not with people.

That's because that is exactly what he/she/it is doing.

He's like every other woo-peddler Rolleyes Arrives here, tells us the Good News™ and then is surprised as fuck when we lob a few questions at him. Signally fails to answer the questions and then throws a tantrum about how unfair we all are.

I mean seriously Dodgy These guys think we're all gonna read their bullshit and marvel at the intellect and clearly supernatural intelligence on display, and beg to sit at their feet and be their disciples.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so goddamn insulting. Give us *some* credit, you smug bastards - we weren't fucking well born yesterday.Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
01-10-2015, 04:43 AM
(01-10-2015 04:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 03:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's because that is exactly what he/she/it is doing.

He's like every other woo-peddler Rolleyes Arrives here, tells us the Good News™ and then is surprised as fuck when we lob a few questions at him. Signally fails to answer the questions and then throws a tantrum about how unfair we all are.

I mean seriously Dodgy These guys think we're all gonna read their bullshit and marvel at the intellect and clearly supernatural intelligence on display, and beg to sit at their feet and be their disciples.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so goddamn insulting. Give us *some* credit, you smug bastards - we weren't fucking well born yesterday.Dodgy

[Image: i_say__technologic__by_gingaakam-d6kk94r.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2015, 07:09 AM
(01-10-2015 04:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  I mean seriously Dodgy These guys think we're all gonna read their bullshit and marvel at the intellect and clearly supernatural intelligence on display, and beg to sit at their feet and be their disciples.

Alternately: he fell for the con, super-fast, and is blown away that we all didn't.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
01-10-2015, 10:24 AM
(01-10-2015 07:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  I mean seriously Dodgy These guys think we're all gonna read their bullshit and marvel at the intellect and clearly supernatural intelligence on display, and beg to sit at their feet and be their disciples.

Alternately: he fell for the con, super-fast, and is blown away that we all didn't.

And then accuse us of having closed minds, because we want evidence for the things we believe.

As if, not accepting their particular brand of unsupported woo, makes us dogmatic.
[+] 3 users Like Simon Moon's post
01-10-2015, 12:08 PM
(01-10-2015 10:24 AM)Simon Moon Wrote:  And then accuse us of having closed minds, because we want evidence for the things we believe.

As if, not accepting their particular brand of unsupported woo, makes us dogmatic.

Of course, with a sufficiently "open mind", one can believe in leprechauns. Why someone would believe that being open to their beliefs is laudable but being open to leprechauns is naive is beyond me.

[Image: Leprechaun%20faith_zpsggkt2z0h.png]
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
01-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Zimbabwe priest PROVES he can walk on air.

Just ignore the human shaped shadow, the sound of footsteps running away, and the door that is now slightly ajar after being shown closed moments before.

Yup, absolute proof, Obie. This kind of thing is so obviously real to me now, I don't know how I could have ever doubted supernatural levitation abilities.

Laugh out load

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-10-2015, 05:11 PM
(01-10-2015 02:03 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Zimbabwe priest PROVES he can walk on air.

Just ignore the human shaped shadow, the sound of footsteps running away, and the door that is now slightly ajar after being shown closed moments before.

Yup, absolute proof, Obie. This kind of thing is so obviously real to me now, I don't know how I could have ever doubted supernatural levitation abilities.

Laugh out load

zomg, its the power of the lawd!.....

lol i love the shadow and door ajar...oooopsy

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
01-10-2015, 10:40 PM
(01-10-2015 02:03 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Zimbabwe priest PROVES he can walk on air.

Laugh out load

Weeping That's my countryman Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-10-2015, 06:10 AM
(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  I would submit that human consciousness survives the body, remains localized, continues evolving, and transits in and out of form continuously, as does everything else in this universe.

I prefer to call myself a rationalist.

[Image: spaceballswhat.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
02-10-2015, 10:27 AM
And people actually believe this shit.

[Image: RkcM9B5Tj.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post