So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: So, tell me, is this place mainly strong atheism?
(21-09-2015 10:16 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 08:55 AM)Obie Wrote:  .......As a former TM Sidha I experienced and witnessed the quantum nature of consciousness, especially in the performance of the levitation sutra in large groups. .......

Amazing the things people can purport to witness to.....you know, Benny Hinn has people line up to give him thousands of dollars as they have personally "witnessed" his amazing miracles....of course those miracles are for sale...aren't they always? Thinking you have achieved some higher level of consciousness or awareness and us unbelieving heathens just don't have the capability to comprehend such wonders is not only hubris, but the very personification of self-delusion and grandeur. My mother is a Pentecostal Minister with quite a sizable following. I have listened to her preach, and looked around at the awed expression of those ignorant and gullible enough to believe her in the audience. She has told me with great conviction that not only has she witnessed miracles, but the power of jesus Christ has worked through her and she has been the vessel for the healing of hundreds....she truly believes this....sadly, people truly believe her as well. Unfortunately, Argument from Conviction is not the test for truth.

So well stated. Let me now find it a suitable home. Amazing how defensively reactive and ignorant people can be from the start. React. Classify. Dismiss. You people have it down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 10:41 AM
(21-09-2015 07:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  #fuckingmorondog.

Laugh out load

You're not gonna fool me again JohnnyC. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-09-2015, 10:44 AM
(21-09-2015 10:23 AM)Obie Wrote:  It's very comforting and convenient to share in a majority opinion while uniformly discounting and dismissing anything that does not agree with it. The very same experience I have encountering fundamental Christians. You want proof that there is a singularity that unites and belies all things at the level of existence? We aren't there yet. You consider such a notion crazy? Tell that to any great modern day scientist. You people conflate the obvious fact that there is no proof for any form of god with a supposition that there can be no unifying basis for all that exists. Same mindset. Different club.

You're not taking it slow like you said. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 10:44 AM
(21-09-2015 10:40 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 10:16 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Amazing the things people can purport to witness to.....you know, Benny Hinn has people line up to give him thousands of dollars as they have personally "witnessed" his amazing miracles....of course those miracles are for sale...aren't they always? Thinking you have achieved some higher level of consciousness or awareness and us unbelieving heathens just don't have the capability to comprehend such wonders is not only hubris, but the very personification of self-delusion and grandeur. My mother is a Pentecostal Minister with quite a sizable following. I have listened to her preach, and looked around at the awed expression of those ignorant and gullible enough to believe her in the audience. She has told me with great conviction that not only has she witnessed miracles, but the power of jesus Christ has worked through her and she has been the vessel for the healing of hundreds....she truly believes this....sadly, people truly believe her as well. Unfortunately, Argument from Conviction is not the test for truth.

So well stated. Let me now find it a suitable home. Amazing how defensively reactive and ignorant people can be from the start. React. Classify. Dismiss. You people have it down.

It comes from having to deal with idiots who come to our house, presume to know our minds, TELL us our minds, then strawman the fuck out of everything in sight. On a daily basis. After a while, your BS detector gets very fine tuned.

We only ask the same of you as we ask of every other person that makes a claim here.

Evidence or GTFO.

You wouldn't expect that would be a difficult concept to understand, but here we are AGAIN.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 10:48 AM
(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  My background is in the quantum mechanics of consciousness as promulgated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

So much for any chance of anyone taking you seriously...
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-09-2015, 10:49 AM
(21-09-2015 10:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Evidence or GTFO.

This! I have not read a single word of verifiable evidence in this thread The Titanic
[+] 3 users Like mediocrates's post
21-09-2015, 10:49 AM
(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  I prefer to call myself a rationalist.

I prefer to call myself a Meist being my own personal Lord and Savior and whatnot. But seeing as I don't believe I exist, I am an atheist.

(21-09-2015 07:12 AM)Obie Wrote:  My background is in the quantum mechanics of consciousness as promulgated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Is that what the cool kids are calling Transcendental Meditation these days? Can you levitate yet?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-09-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 10:59 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(21-09-2015 10:40 AM)Obie Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 10:16 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Amazing the things people can purport to witness to.....you know, Benny Hinn has people line up to give him thousands of dollars as they have personally "witnessed" his amazing miracles....of course those miracles are for sale...aren't they always? Thinking you have achieved some higher level of consciousness or awareness and us unbelieving heathens just don't have the capability to comprehend such wonders is not only hubris, but the very personification of self-delusion and grandeur. My mother is a Pentecostal Minister with quite a sizable following. I have listened to her preach, and looked around at the awed expression of those ignorant and gullible enough to believe her in the audience. She has told me with great conviction that not only has she witnessed miracles, but the power of jesus Christ has worked through her and she has been the vessel for the healing of hundreds....she truly believes this....sadly, people truly believe her as well. Unfortunately, Argument from Conviction is not the test for truth.

Thanks! I happen to think I am able to state things rather well as I hold three degrees, including one in religious studies. I am very articulate actually, and I can validate and substantiate my world view...can you? Now go look up the term "ineducable tyro", that seems to fit you thus far. You made two mistakes...one) coming into our forum spouting woo while calling us ignorant for not giving your woo credence, two) thinking you are the most educated or intelligent person in the forum because you believe in woo.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
21-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Go to youtube and watch the two 10-minute talks by Dr John Hagelin on Consciousness if you want some baseline info on what I am espousing.

Right now I'm trying to divine who among you are on serious meds. Whose meds need tweaking. And who should be on a leash every time they leave their house.
21-09-2015, 11:10 AM
(21-09-2015 11:07 AM)Obie Wrote:  Go to youtube and watch the two 10-minute talks by Dr John Hagelin on Consciousness if you want some baseline info on what I am espousing.

Right now I'm trying to divine who among you are on serious meds. Whose meds need tweaking. And who should be on a leash every time they leave their house.

Oh, I'm on all kinds of meds. I bet you have already diagnosed me and know which prescriptions I'm on. Could you tell me, since you seem to be all knowing about other people's minds? That would be super helpful, thanks.

Oh, and mistress doesn't EVER let me off leash.

Smartass

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister