So the police are asking for your SSN now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: So the police are asking for your SSN now?
(14-06-2014 08:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'd be focusing on poor training before making accusations of corruption.

Oh, I'm sure it's poor training. Most of our law enforcement are placed as such because they are friend or family of someone. Good indicator if someone isn't trained, they do not wear a real uniform. More likely they are sporting a polo. At least around here.

[Image: tumblr_mbi9tvVVZh1rzbj5mo1_r1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2014, 09:00 PM
This is the problem with cops, they get the badge and believe every one will listen to them. Worst they do this on purpose to get extra money in their pocket. Damn our law system is getting really fucked up in america.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
14-06-2014, 09:16 PM
In Canada, only the gov't can ask for that, no one else.
14-06-2014, 09:18 PM
(14-06-2014 08:53 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 08:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'd be focusing on poor training before making accusations of corruption.

Oh, I'm sure it's poor training. Most of our law enforcement are placed as such because they are friend or family of someone. Good indicator if someone isn't trained, they do not wear a real uniform. More likely they are sporting a polo. At least around here.

Do you live in some sort of African tribal region?

14-06-2014, 09:27 PM
(14-06-2014 09:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This is the problem with cops, they get the badge and believe every one will listen to them. Worst they do this on purpose to get extra money in their pocket. Damn our law system is getting really fucked up in america.

I live in a tiny town and much of it is rural, sadly. When you have these little crap towns they can do pretty much whatever they want until people get tired of it and finally call them on it. A small town near the Arkansas/Oklahoma border recently got investigated by the FBI, Attorney General and OBI for being a speed trap. They were pulling people over on the highway (not in their town) for doing 1 mile over or under the speed limit but wasn't limited to speeding. My husband got sighted for driving over the bridge because he didn't signal long enough. It was shut down finally when other agencies were brought in.

I'm leaning towards them asking for my SSN because we have a small population of illegal immigrants living in the next town over. I wouldn't be surprised if they were profiling. My sister drives a busted looking truck to work so she doesn't ruin her nice truck and they have pulled her over several times for stupid things, mainly to see if she was an illegal.

"That chicks driving a Fiesta, you know who has Fiestas?" I can see it now. Damn racist, hillbilly cops.

14-06-2014, 09:29 PM
(14-06-2014 09:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 08:53 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  Oh, I'm sure it's poor training. Most of our law enforcement are placed as such because they are friend or family of someone. Good indicator if someone isn't trained, they do not wear a real uniform. More likely they are sporting a polo. At least around here.

Do you live in some sort of African tribal region?

You would think... but no. Oklahoma, it's a fowl place sometimes.

15-06-2014, 06:54 AM
"Sorry, officer, I don't have it memorized."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2014, 07:09 AM
(15-06-2014 06:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  "Sorry, officer, I don't have it memorized."

"Sorry officer. Get your own".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2014, 03:24 AM
Police officers and/or the courts do not need your SSN to look up warrants. All they need is your name and DOB which the officer in question already had. I would say file the complaint, but if you do, be prepared for the fact that the cop will be sure to show up when you contest your ticket in court. Which is more important to you?

Lately it seems like every business asks for your social security number! I just leave that line on the form blank.

There is a case currently in the courts regarding the ID/immigrant issue:
http://www.texasobserver.org/bronwsville...er-patrol/
18-06-2014, 03:28 AM
(14-06-2014 09:29 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  ...
You would think... but no. Oklahoma, it's a fowl place sometimes.

It haz chickens?

Meanwhile, I was in Oklahoma once... they made me do a tap dance! Ohmy