So there's a genocide happening in South Sudan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: So there's a genocide happening in South Sudan
(10-04-2017 08:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Well a few hundred children died in this ongoing ethnic cleansing but in bigger news a man was dragged off a flight today.

Well the man was Asian.

A child also died in San Bernardo as a result of a murder suicide at a school.

But I suppose that's not newsworthy either. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 09:14 PM
When did the genocide ever stop?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-04-2017, 05:37 AM
(10-04-2017 09:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  When did the genocide ever stop?

After Rwanda. The world came to this agreement to act in the event of genocide, characterized by the feel good phrase "never again", officially marking the end of the genocide. When it continued to happen, they simply referred to it as mass killings instead, cleverly using semantics as tool to find a way around the burden of responsibility.

'Murican Canadian
11-04-2017, 11:13 AM
(11-04-2017 05:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 09:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  When did the genocide ever stop?

After Rwanda. The world came to this agreement to act in the event of genocide, characterized by the feel good phrase "never again", officially marking the end of the genocide. When it continued to happen, they simply referred to it as mass killings instead, cleverly using semantics as tool to find a way around the burden of responsibility.

Which is weird because it still seems like something should be done about mass killings, but that's just me.

11-04-2017, 11:20 AM
(11-04-2017 11:13 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  After Rwanda. The world came to this agreement to act in the event of genocide, characterized by the feel good phrase "never again", officially marking the end of the genocide. When it continued to happen, they simply referred to it as mass killings instead, cleverly using semantics as tool to find a way around the burden of responsibility.

Which is weird because it still seems like something should be done about mass killings, but that's just me.

Yeah but as long as it's not defined as a genocide there's no obligation as per said agreement.

People are all about wishing they'd helped after the fact. But nobody wants to step into the middle of a shit storm in progress and get blamed when their efforts to stop it are A: costly and B: don't go as planned.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post