So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 02:24 AM

RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
(20-02-2012 12:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are there specific guidelines for acting out these rituals, or is each Veridican lead by the Holy Spirit? Or is there is a Spirit?

It's all a very individual thing. Keep in mind that each Veridican is born again into Christ, so there is no leadership. Over the course of my life I will write books and articles about these things as an educator, but I am only the founder of this religion. I am not the leader of it. That would be impossible.
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 02:32 AM
(20-02-2012 02:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 12:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are there specific guidelines for acting out these rituals, or is each Veridican lead by the Holy Spirit? Or is there is a Spirit?

It's all a very individual thing. Keep in mind that each Veridican is born again into Christ, so there is no leadership. Over the course of my life I will write books and articles about these things as an educator, but I am only the founder of this religion. I am not the leader of it. That would be impossible.

Seems like you should pick up a convert or two with an trimmed down religion like that. People looking for an easy alternative to the rigors of discipleship.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 02:46 AM
(20-02-2012 02:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 02:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's all a very individual thing. Keep in mind that each Veridican is born again into Christ, so there is no leadership. Over the course of my life I will write books and articles about these things as an educator, but I am only the founder of this religion. I am not the leader of it. That would be impossible.

Seems like you should pick up a convert or two with an trimmed down religion like that. People looking for an easy alternative to the rigors of discipleship.

It's starting to sound like a more lax version of Baha'i.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
20-02-2012, 03:10 AM

(20-02-2012 02:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Seems like you should pick up a convert or two with an trimmed down religion like that. People looking for an easy alternative to the rigors of discipleship.

"I" won't pick up anything. In my lifetime, I'd be surprised if anyone even calls themselves a Veridican other than my wife and me.

Jesus told us to call no man "Father," and to call no one "Teacher." What do you think that means to the concept of discipleship? The very idea of one person being in control of another person's spirituality is nauseating. Fortunately, it's not possible anyway.

And it's very hard to be a Veridican. When a person accepts their Christhood, it is not a particularly good feeling. There is a great deal of comfort in the Christian idea of a hierarchy of Gods. They pray to Jesus, and Jesus has his Father who is God, and they are watching over the Christian from heaven--and of course favoring them.

When one becomes Christ, all that disappears. But it's kind of like Plato's Cave. Once one is reborn as Christ, there is no going back. There is no such thing as backsliding.
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 03:33 AM
(20-02-2012 03:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  "I" won't pick up anything. In my lifetime, I'd be surprised if anyone even calls themselves a Veridican other than my wife and me.

Jesus told us to call no man "Father," and to call no one "Teacher." What do you think that means to the concept of discipleship? The very idea of one person being in control of another person's spirituality is nauseating. Fortunately, it's not possible anyway.

Then how does Veridicananity destroy atheism? I assumed you'd be converting us with wise teachings. Are you planning on using violence instead?
20-02-2012, 10:45 AM
(20-02-2012 03:33 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 03:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  "I" won't pick up anything. In my lifetime, I'd be surprised if anyone even calls themselves a Veridican other than my wife and me.

Then how does Veridicananity destroy atheism? I assumed you'd be converting us with wise teachings. Are you planning on using violence instead?

The thing is, EgoR, as Solomon allegedly said, "There's nothing new under the sun." You really haven't described anything to me that I couldn't pick up from 1st and 2nd Century Gnosticism. Since it was so handily defeated 1800 years ago, what makes you think it's going to work now? How is this not the height of hubris?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-02-2012, 10:50 AM
You can't defeat an idea, only the people who have it, so I am just curious as to how this defeat will come about? Seriously.

Also even though you seem like a really aggro kind of dude, your new religion sounds kind of peaceful. I especially liked the part about animals. Even though I'm trying to live my life without morality and avoid facing all consequence I still really enjoy being nice to animals because they are fluffy and cute.... don't tell the other atheists though or I'm out of the club.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
20-02-2012, 11:19 AM
(20-02-2012 10:50 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You can't defeat an idea, only the people who have it, so I am just curious as to how this defeat will come about? Seriously.

Also even though you seem like a really aggro kind of dude, your new religion sounds kind of peaceful. I especially liked the part about animals. Even though I'm trying to live my life without morality and avoid facing all consequence I still really enjoy being nice to animals because they are fluffy and cute.... don't tell the other atheists though or I'm out of the club.

The fluffy animals seem to be making him less aggro. It seems to be an effective religion for making people less combative.

~Izel
20-02-2012, 11:37 AM
He can't say too much about this stuff yet, he's got books to sell and if people can find the info free and easy then they aren't going to buy his books and he's not going to make money off of his new Viridientology religion. Undecided

I did read through the Viridican.com website though. While it may seem trimmed down now, it's only the start of a new religion- it has hundreds of upcoming years to grow and gather control of its adherents by adding new tenets and rituals.

If God is perfect, why does he require an evolution in his religion? Was it not designed perfectly in the first place? Why does his perfect creation change? If he is everything, then nothing that exists can be imperfect (see the excellent post by rook2004). There are some serious logical problems with this new religion.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
20-02-2012, 12:25 PM
(20-02-2012 11:37 AM)kineo Wrote:  He can't say too much about this stuff yet, he's got books to sell and if people can find the info free and easy then they aren't going to buy his books and he's not going to make money off of his new Viridientology religion. Undecided

I did read through the Viridican.com website though. While it may seem trimmed down now, it's only the start of a new religion- it has hundreds of upcoming years to grow and gather control of its adherents by adding new tenets and rituals.

If God is perfect, why does he require an evolution in his religion? Was it not designed perfectly in the first place? Why does his perfect creation change? If he is everything, then nothing that exists can be imperfect (see the excellent post by rook2004). There are some serious logical problems with this new religion.

Why ya gotta be such a buzzkill, man?

Big Grin

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post