So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
(20-02-2012 12:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 11:37 AM)kineo Wrote:  He can't say too much about this stuff yet, he's got books to sell and if people can find the info free and easy then they aren't going to buy his books and he's not going to make money off of his new Viridientology religion. Undecided

I did read through the Viridican.com website though. While it may seem trimmed down now, it's only the start of a new religion- it has hundreds of upcoming years to grow and gather control of its adherents by adding new tenets and rituals.

If God is perfect, why does he require an evolution in his religion? Was it not designed perfectly in the first place? Why does his perfect creation change? If he is everything, then nothing that exists can be imperfect (see the excellent post by rook2004). There are some serious logical problems with this new religion.

Why ya gotta be such a buzzkill, man?

Big Grin

Looks like kineo is becoming an adherent to the terse and deadly way. Blessings upon him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2012, 01:15 PM
(20-02-2012 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 11:37 AM)kineo Wrote:  He can't say too much about this stuff yet, he's got books to sell and if people can find the info free and easy then they aren't going to buy his books and he's not going to make money off of his new Viridientology religion. Undecided

I did read through the Viridican.com website though. While it may seem trimmed down now, it's only the start of a new religion- it has hundreds of upcoming years to grow and gather control of its adherents by adding new tenets and rituals.

If God is perfect, why does he require an evolution in his religion? Was it not designed perfectly in the first place? Why does his perfect creation change? If he is everything, then nothing that exists can be imperfect (see the excellent post by rook2004). There are some serious logical problems with this new religion.

Big Grin

Looks like kineo is becoming an adherent to the terse and deadly way. Blessings upon him.

Praise the Gwynnies?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
20-02-2012, 01:26 PM
(20-02-2012 12:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why ya gotta be such a buzzkill, man?

Big Grin

Aww I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, this is too much fun! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
20-02-2012, 02:45 PM
(20-02-2012 01:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Big Grin

Praise the Gwynnies?

The adherents of the terse and deadly way do not have truck with the cult of the Gwynnies.Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Really? I mean...REALLY? Christianity wasn't defensible so he just made up his own?

This is a new tactic I've never seen before, but I'm sure it MUST happen. I mean, that must be what all the branches are right? I just can't wait till he gets his own following and founds it officially and builds a church...oh wait.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
[+] 1 user Likes NeonMoment's post
21-02-2012, 10:33 PM
(20-02-2012 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  The adherents of the terse and deadly way do not have truck with the cult of the Gwynnies.Angel

Prolly why yer stuck in the mud. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-02-2012, 11:20 PM
(21-02-2012 10:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  The adherents of the terse and deadly way do not have truck with the cult of the Gwynnies.Angel

Prolly why yer stuck in the mud. Tongue

There goes Johnny givin' neck again!

Let me give my impression of Chas' response:

[Image: ROOMBA-CAT-ATTACKS.gif]

Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post