So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
Beautiful, just wonderful. Smile

So, are you already Christ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
17-02-2012, 02:05 PM
This means that God is not dualistic. Everything is God. Nothing is made that is not made from the substance of God. God is all that actually exists.

Holy crap, how is that NOT pantheism? That is the EXACT definition of what pantheism is.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-02-2012, 02:19 PM
You're right. We're not really atheists, you know. We just don't believe in gods.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
17-02-2012, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 02:42 PM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
(17-02-2012 02:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This means that God is not dualistic. Everything is God. Nothing is made that is not made from the substance of God. God is all that actually exists.

Holy crap, how is that NOT pantheism? That is the EXACT definition of what pantheism is.

WTF is that horse shit. Sure is allot of words that say nothing. You cant believe that! Who do you think you are fooling. So God is shit! I just dumped a load and flushed him. I think he had some corn in him too!!
17-02-2012, 02:43 PM
(17-02-2012 02:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This means that God is not dualistic. Everything is God. Nothing is made that is not made from the substance of God. God is all that actually exists.

KC I don't quite get where you're coming from ? Why is pantheism bad as opposed to your own p.o.v?
17-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy Wrote:Pantheism is a metaphysical and religious position. Broadly defined it is the view that (1) “God is everything and everything is God … the world is either identical with God or in some way a self-expression of his nature” (Owen 1971: 74). Similarly, it is the view that (2) everything that exists constitutes a “unity” and this all-inclusive unity is in some sense divine (MacIntyre 1967: 34). A slightly more specific definition is given by Owen (1971: 65) who says (3) “‘Pantheism’ … signifies the belief that every existing entity is, only one Being; and that all other forms of reality are either modes (or appearances) of it or identical with it.”

Source

It seems pretty much like pantheism to me, according to the first and second definitions. The third definition also fits too, I think.
17-02-2012, 02:48 PM
(17-02-2012 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  

KC I don't quite get where you're coming from ? Why is pantheism bad as opposed to your own p.o.v?

Pantheism = God is everything and everything is God.

There isn't a single thing in this universe that is "perfect". Imperfect makes up everything. The belief of pantheism accepts that God is fallible and imperfect and that everything from the largest thing to the tiniest thing to the cleanest thing to the dirtiest thing is God. God is creation. God did not create.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-02-2012, 03:18 PM

(17-02-2012 01:49 PM)kineo Wrote:  Beautiful, just wonderful. Smile

So, are you already Christ?

I am an infant in Christ and nothing more. And I honestly believe there are those who will manifest His glory far better than I ever will in my life here on earth. But by faith I have been reborn, and my spirit has eaten the body and drank the blood of Christ, and we are one.
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 03:18 PM
(17-02-2012 02:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Pantheism = God is everything and everything is God.

There isn't a single thing in this universe that is "perfect". Imperfect makes up everything. The belief of pantheism accepts that God is fallible and imperfect and that everything from the largest thing to the tiniest thing to the cleanest thing to the dirtiest thing is God. God is creation. God did not create.

Seems perfectly reasonable. If believing in invisible homicidal maniacs is reasonable, that is.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2012, 03:22 PM

I'm off vacation and back at work, and I don't know how busy it's going to be, but if I get a chance I'll post from there later tonight and throughout the weekend. But if this is my last post for a few days (I work 3 and am off 4), then I want to clarify the difference between monism and pantheism.

Monism says that there is nothing except God.

Pantheism says that everything is God.

A monist would say my coffee cup is made from God's substance (as is everything else)

A pantheist would say, God is made from my coffee cup (and everything else)

It is a subtle difference, I admit. But it is a very important difference. Philosophically, logically, spiritually, theologically, it is a huge difference.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post