So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
(17-02-2012 01:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 09:53 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I've always liked his screen name here though. Egor, the mad scientists assistant who helps the mad scientist even when his boss has completely lost his shit.

ROTFLMFAO!

Every now and then someone will make a diss' that causes me to cough up my coffee and laugh.

Obviously, I can’t address three pages of replies, but I would like to say the following about Veridicanism. It does defeat atheism. The definition of God (which is not pantheism), along with the human purpose that follows from that definition is a deathblow to atheism—or at least it will be.

Here’s the way it works (call it a prophecy): Atheism feeds off the Church, and the Church is dying as a social institution and as a representative of Christ on earth. Veridicanism feeds off atheism. So the more you drain the life blood from the Church, the more Veridicanism will drain you and the stronger it will grow.

Because make no mistake: You will defeat Christianity as we know it. Not that you will force your will upon society, but the Church will continue to shift its position based on the growing influence of atheism until it is indistinguishable from atheists. The balance of power that will result will be atheistic in nature. It will have to do this to maintain relevancy and put tithe-paying butts in the pews.

But then there will be Veridicanism filling in the vacuum you create, because you can’t get around the fact that the words of Jesus Christ will never pass away, and they will continue to draw anyone with an intact spirit toward him.

I’m not out to have followers. If you knew the tenets of Veridicanism you would know that it is impossible to have a Veridican leader. I will publish books and I will teach anyone who wants to know. But becoming Christ is an individual responsibility and once one becomes Christ, they cannot be a sheep. So, all I hope is that atheist keep doing what they are doing, because what they are doing is going to be their undoing.

You're just like the guy from that "I Hate Religion But Love Jesus" video - not only are you delusional in your beliefs, you also have the delusion that you're not like all those other religious nuts.

"So the more you drain the life blood from the Church, the more Veridicanism will drain you and the stronger it will grow."

Veridicanism sounds a lot like just another Church to me, yet somehow you're convinced you'll succeed where every other denomination will, in your own words, fail.

Far from succeeding where everything else fails, I highly doubt you'll leave behind anything but a small cult with a handful of followers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 03:24 PM
(17-02-2012 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 02:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 02:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This means that God is not dualistic. Everything is God. Nothing is made that is not made from the substance of God. God is all that actually exists.

Holy crap, how is that NOT pantheism? That is the EXACT definition of what pantheism is.

KC I don't quite get where you're coming from ? Why is pantheism bad as opposed to your own p.o.v?

Pantheism = God is everything and everything is God.

There isn't a single thing in this universe that is "perfect". Imperfect makes up everything. The belief of pantheism accepts that God is fallible and imperfect and that everything from the largest thing to the tiniest thing to the cleanest thing to the dirtiest thing is God. God is creation. God did not create.

Seems perfectly reasonable. If believing in invisible homicidal maniacs is reasonable, that is.

No. It is completely reasonable. It's a perfectly fine belief system. It's just not Christian. It's irreconcilable towards Christian theology.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Why did God wait so many thousands of years to reveal this?

If you do not choose to become one with Christ, do you go to Hell?

Do you adhere to the Bible?

If so, what scripture support your viewpoint?

Will a new holy book be written? Will you write it?

There are so many questions to ask!
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
17-02-2012, 03:28 PM
(17-02-2012 03:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm off vacation and back at work, and I don't know how busy it's going to be, but if I get a chance I'll post from there later tonight and throughout the weekend. But if this is my last post for a few days (I work 3 and am off 4), then I want to clarify the difference between monism and pantheism.

Monism says that there is nothing except God.

Pantheism says that everything is God.

A monist would say my coffee cup is made from God's substance (as is everything else)

A pantheist would say, God is made from my coffee cup (and everything else)

It is a subtle difference, I admit. But it is a very important difference. Philosophically, logically, spiritually, theologically, it is a huge difference.

That is still imperfecting God. Something that is made of God cannot be imperfect. You are demeaning and humanizing the very god you worship.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-02-2012, 03:30 PM
this is fucking goldBig Grin
[+] 3 users Like Jakel's post
17-02-2012, 03:33 PM
(17-02-2012 03:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  A monist would say my coffee cup is made from God's substance (as is everything else)

great explanation and example of the diff Egor Smile
17-02-2012, 03:46 PM
(17-02-2012 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  A monist would say my coffee cup is made from God's substance (as is everything else)

great explanation and example of the diff Egor Smile

But, don't you see how this demeans the Christian God?

17-02-2012, 03:49 PM
And it came to pass that Man created God in his own image.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
17-02-2012, 03:50 PM
(17-02-2012 03:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But, don't you see how this demeans the Christian God?

I see where you come from I think... Although your argument is something like God is perfect therefore God is not in a turd.

To which my reply is "Prove to me that a turd is not perfect" Wink

What I like is that he explained a whole concept clearly with an example to illustrate and the word smackdown did not appear Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-02-2012, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 03:56 PM by Shannow.)
Application to be Egors ghost author for the Holy book of Verdicanism (it has to be coming soon)

"And lo, the High Priest did leave his splendid isolation atop the mountain and dwelt for a time amongst the tribe known as "The Thinking Atheists". Armed with the Verdic Vestments of Victory and the Laptop of Truth he did speaketh to the heathen and sayeth:

"Behold the truth, I pwn thee heathens, my words are l88t"

And the atheists did sayeth unto Egor "LOL" and "ROTFLMAO" and "FAIL"

And the High Priest was wroth with them and retreated to the mountain."

Here ends the lesson, may verdica bless you my children.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 7 users Like Shannow's post