So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
(17-02-2012 03:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But, don't you see how this demeans the Christian God?

I see where you come from I think... Although your argument is something like God is perfect therefore God is not in a turd.

To which my reply is "Prove to me that a turd is not perfect" Wink

What I like is that he explained a whole concept clearly with an example to illustrate and the word smackdown did not appear Tongue

Well... no, not exactly.

If God is perfect, and God is made of everything, then everything is perfect. Perfection cannot move into imperfection. Perfect cannot be imperfect.

Nothing is perfect except God. If that's true, and according to Egor, everything that is made of God is perfect; including the atheists that he vehemently seeks to destroy. Which begs the question, "If we're all made of God, why does Egor wish to change us?"

Now, if God isn't perfect, and everything is made of an imperfect God; then, I'm sorry... that's not Christian. The crux of Christianity lies in the belief of a perfect God. He is worthy of worship because He is perfect.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 04:04 PM
(17-02-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But, don't you see how this demeans the Christian God?

I see where you come from I think... Although your argument is something like God is perfect therefore God is not in a turd.

What I like is that he explained a whole concept clearly with an example to illustrate and the word smackdown did not appear Tongue

Well... no, not exactly.

If God is perfect, and God is made of everything, then everything is perfect. Perfection cannot move into imperfection. Perfect cannot be imperfect.

Nothing is perfect except God. If that's true, and according to Egor, everything that is made of God is perfect; including the atheists that he vehemently seeks to destroy. Which begs the question, "If we're all made of God, why does Egor wish to change us?"

Now, if God isn't perfect, and everything is made of an imperfect God; then, I'm sorry... that's not Christian. The crux of Christianity lies in the belief of a perfect God. He is worthy of worship because He is perfect.

Granted. But you haven't said why you believe that this is an imperfect world?

According to you perfect can *create* imperfect, after all.
17-02-2012, 04:06 PM
(17-02-2012 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Granted. But you haven't said why you believe that this is an imperfect world?

Because if God created us perfect, we would be God.

17-02-2012, 04:07 PM
(17-02-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nothing is perfect except God. If that's true, and according to Egor, everything that is made of God is perfect; including the atheists that he vehemently seeks to destroy. Which begs the question, "If we're all made of God, why does Egor wish to change us?"

You bring up a good point- does Egor wish to change us? Has his fire and brimstone message ceased? If so, then maybe we truly are seeing a different Egor. He hasn't really been hostile or aggressive since his return, I've noticed. I like that much better. But I also probably haven't read all of his posts since he returned.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
17-02-2012, 04:08 PM
(17-02-2012 04:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Granted. But you haven't said why you believe that this is an imperfect world?

and Egor would be right Smile

The problem is that you're throwing this word perfect around without defining it...

What is perfect? Is it a synonym for God?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-02-2012, 04:09 PM
(17-02-2012 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Well... no, not exactly.

Granted. But you haven't said why you believe that this is an imperfect world?

Maybe the standards of perfection are defined by a definition that we don't yet comprehend?

(17-02-2012 04:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Isn't that sort of his message? Christ is God, we can become Christ, therefore, we can become God.
17-02-2012, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 04:14 PM by kingschosen.)
(17-02-2012 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  and Egor would be right Smile

The problem is that you're throwing this word perfect around without defining it...

What is perfect? Is it a synonym for God?

You're not seeing what I'm saying. Yes, Egor is right. If he believes all is God, then all is perfect. Perfection in Egor's religion is relative. That's fine. It's just not Christianity.

The Bible says that all humans are sinful and imperfect. The Bible says that God is almighty and perfect. This is how Christianity is defined. He says differently. Again, that's perfectly fine, but it's not Christianity... in fact, it's pretty opposite.
(17-02-2012 04:09 PM)kineo Wrote:  Isn't that sort of his message? Christ is God, we can become Christ, therefore, we can become God.

Yeah, it's a sort of a weird mix between pantheism and Hinduism... but, it's a far cry from Christianity.

17-02-2012, 04:18 PM
(17-02-2012 04:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're not seeing what I'm saying. Yes, Egor is right. If he believes all is God, then all is perfect. Perfection in Egor's religion is relative. That's fine. It's just not Christianity.

Yeah, it's a sort of a weird mix between pantheism and Hinduism... but, it's a far cry from Christianity.

It's Veridicanism - which thanks to Erx's misspent youth, we know is extraterrestrial in origin...

OK... so anyway the ultimate authority for what may be regarded as perfect and imperfect is still the Bible...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't disagree with you at all- this isn't Christianity. It's not really even Christianity 2.0 as he seems to suggest. It seems like it's his stab and taking down the beast that is atheism, almost like he has a personal beef with disbelief and skepticism.

But Christianity requires God the Father. And most version of Christianity include the Trinity, and I'm not seeing where the Trinity fits into this. The theological implications are tremendous for a change of that magnitude. I'm curious to see what exactly his theology holds now... where does it go from here?
17-02-2012, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 05:03 PM by FSM_scot.)
In what possible way will this take down atheism?
How can a lack of belief in a god, make your position stronger?
You talk as though we are some kind of organised religion when we are the complete opposite.

(17-02-2012 01:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  you can’t get around the fact that the words of Jesus Christ will never pass away, and they will continue to draw anyone with an intact spirit toward him.

I'll bet at some time there was a follower of Thor, Ra, Minerva etc..... That said the exact same thing, And look how that turned out.

The word of Jesus is not timeless, there will come a time when they are forgotten, confined to the books about the myths of ancient gods.

Like you said Christianity is dying in the west. It wont die in my life time, but one thing is certain, Like the thousands of 'true' Gods before it, Your god will be forgotten.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post