So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
I don't find christianity very defensible..... so what did he do, MAKE A NEW RELIGION! Rather ingenious isn't it XD

Honestly, hands up boys and girls, did anyone head butt the table when you read that?

[Image: tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif]

And of course, God only showed him the right way, arrrghh do you ever stop to think that maybe, you made that decision....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like MKilby's post
17-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Veridicalism seems a lot more interesting to me. And Verdukianism is even better, it's fucking verdiculous where you laugh so hard you get dizzy. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-02-2012, 10:51 PM

(17-02-2012 03:25 PM)kineo Wrote:  Why did God wait so many thousands of years to reveal this?

Actually, it was revealed by Jesus Christ, but in its current form, it is intended to replace Christianity that has simply run dry. Revelations come and go as humanity evolves.

Quote:If you do not choose to become one with Christ, do you go to Hell?

Jesus said the only one who has ever gone into heaven is the one who came from heaven. And though it would be a longer discussion, this only makes sense. Heaven could only be for those who are one with Christ. However, the punishment of hell seems reserved for those who utterly reject Christ, not those who don't know about him, or those who are not culturally exposed to him. Those souls are simply destroyed.

Quote:Do you adhere to the Bible?

No. I adhere to the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is an inspired synthesis of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas. But I know the Bible pretty well, especially the Gospels.

Quote:If so, what scripture support your viewpoint?

That's the subject of a book about Veridicanism I will be writing in the future. It should be the third book out of Black Spirit Publishing this year, If I can manage it. Right now, I can't address that because I'm at work.

Quote:Will a new holy book be written? Will you write it?

Absolutely. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. It should be out in a couple of months. It is in the final copy edit and layout phase at this time. It was originally written by me in 2005. I believe it is written exactly the way God wanted me to write it. I have used it as a study aid. But now I see that it must be made public.

The old way is dying. The Christian Church is being eaten by maggots, but the maggots will be eaten by the birds.

Quote:There are so many questions to ask!

Tell me about it! I have spent the last 19 years in a cocoon it seems. I have been a Veridican, but I never made it into a coherent system for others to examine. But at this time in my life, it seems I have to do that. Nevertheless, I am often caught off guard by questions I've never had to answer before. But I guess there's nothing else to do but dive in.

(17-02-2012 03:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That is still imperfecting God. Something that is made of God cannot be imperfect. You are demeaning and humanizing the very god you worship.

What makes you think things are imperfect?

(17-02-2012 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  A monist would say my coffee cup is made from God's substance (as is everything else)

A pantheist would say, God is made from my coffee cup (and everything else)

great explanation and example of the diff Egor Smile

Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 11:55 PM

(17-02-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well... no, not exactly.

If God is perfect, and God is made of everything, then everything is perfect. Perfection cannot move into imperfection. Perfect cannot be imperfect.

Nothing is perfect except God. If that's true, and according to Egor, everything that is made of God is perfect; including the atheists that he vehemently seeks to destroy. Which begs the question, "If we're all made of God, why does Egor wish to change us?"

First I have to ask: Are you an atheist or a Christian? You used the pronoun "us." Actually, though it doesn't mater.

Look, I seek to destroy atheism (not people--atheists). So, you need to get your head around that, even if it's inconvenient for you. And the simple answer to your question is that I was created for no other purpose than to combat atheism. I don't ask why; I just do.

Quote:Now, if God isn't perfect, and everything is made of an imperfect God; then, I'm sorry... that's not Christian. The crux of Christianity lies in the belief of a perfect God. He is worthy of worship because He is perfect.

You don't realize that in postulating anything that exists that is not God is the argument for atheists that God does not exist. Either everything is made from the substance of God, or there are things separate in existence from God, and thus they are equal in their existential nature to God. That would mean that the substance of God and the substance of the other, separate thing, must be created by an even greater being than both.

The way you describe the God of traditional Christianity, is actually a sub-God. and a sub-God is not God at all. It is not the Father that Jesus Christ talked about. In other words, and I don't know if the atheists will ever pick up on this, but the God of Christianity cannot exist, not just can't be proved, but simply is an absurdity. An argument can be made that such a God cannot exist. However, I haven't seen any atheist present such an argument.

(17-02-2012 04:07 PM)kineo Wrote:  You bring up a good point- does Egor wish to change us? Has his fire and brimstone message ceased? If so, then maybe we truly are seeing a different Egor. He hasn't really been hostile or aggressive since his return, I've noticed. I like that much better. But I also probably haven't read all of his posts since he returned.

The truth is, I'm not sure what the best approach is. Is the best reasoning for becoming Christ to avoid hell or to go to heaven? I know that Jesus spent more time talking about the benefits of the kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God than he did talking about hell. But he didn't shy away from letting people know in no uncertain terms that hell awaits those who reject him.

But you, for example, you know that's what I believe. I've gone on and on about it. What more is accomplished by telling you that? At some point it begins to seem that I have no positive argument. And I do!

So, I'm not sure what approach to take.
(17-02-2012 04:19 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't disagree with you at all- this isn't Christianity. It's not really even Christianity 2.0 as he seems to suggest. It seems like it's his stab and taking down the beast that is atheism, almost like he has a personal beef with disbelief and skepticism.

But Christianity requires God the Father. And most version of Christianity include the Trinity, and I'm not seeing where the Trinity fits into this. The theological implications are tremendous for a change of that magnitude. I'm curious to see what exactly his theology holds now... where does it go from here?

I'm interested to see where it goes as well. I may be the founder, but I'm a passenger like everyone else. I can never be the leader of it, because Christ has no leader, except God alone, and everyone who comes to Veridicanism does so to become Christ. It's a religion where everyone is a priest and everyone is only a preist. I will write books, but so will others, and I will want to read their books more than I will want to read my own--because they will be Christ. I will follow them, and they will follow me and we will all follow each other.
18-02-2012, 12:56 AM

(17-02-2012 04:52 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  In what possible way will this take down atheism?
How can a lack of belief in a god, make your position stronger?
You talk as though we are some kind of organised religion when we are the complete opposite.

(17-02-2012 01:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  you can’t get around the fact that the words of Jesus Christ will never pass away, and they will continue to draw anyone with an intact spirit toward him.

I'll bet at some time there was a follower of Thor, Ra, Minerva etc..... That said the exact same thing, And look how that turned out.

The word of Jesus is not timeless, there will come a time when they are forgotten, confined to the books about the myths of ancient gods.

Like you said Christianity is dying in the west. It wont die in my life time, but one thing is certain, Like the thousands of 'true' Gods before it, Your god will be forgotten.

All those gods you mentioned, especially Ra, is a revelation of God. God reveals Himself as humanity forms the capacity to understand Him. Veridicanism may fade away some day. The definition of God, that He is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness, may be updated someday, but before that Veridicanism will destroy atheism. And long before all of that when you come to judgment, you will have to answer for why you refused to acknowledge your Creator. You know about Christ. You have enough intelligence to figure it all out, but you won't do it, because you want to live in sin. You won't come into the light, because your deeds are evil.

Why don't you admit, that as an atheist, your goal is to live as free from morality as possible and when you die, you just want to cease to exist so you don't have to answer for any of it. Well, God is watching, and He's not just my God, He's your God, too, and you are taking one hell of a chance.
18-02-2012, 01:09 AM
The answer to that is easy Because better than sex cake is really not better than sex =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
18-02-2012, 03:49 AM
"Why don't you admit, that as an atheist, your goal is to live as free from morality as possible and when you die, you just want to cease to exist so you don't have to answer for any of it" -Egor

That's the craziest thing I've read all day. If I wanted to live free of morality the bible is the first place I'd look for fun shit to do. And yet I'm busy reading science books, playing with my daughter, and snuggling my wife.... Yo so ... insane...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
18-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Egor, can I ask now...

What place does sin have in your new faith? I know Jesus had a lot to say about hell and sin and people who did not believe.

What I'm wondering is how that fits with everyone being made of God? Basically the whole hell thing is God cutting off his nose to spite his face?

I would expect a religion which promotes the idea of everyone being God would turn into a very gentle faith...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Egor - I think this is some of your finest work. I was beginning to worry that you'd given up and become a muggle...but oh no...you're still at Hogwarts...

(17-02-2012 01:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  All those gods you mentioned, especially Ra, is a revelation of God. God reveals Himself as humanity forms the capacity to understand Him.

Why don't you admit, that as an atheist, your goal is to live as free from morality as possible and when you die,

1. What evidence do you have that people who had the capacity of understanding to build this and this and these did NOT have the capacity to understand a concept readily grasped by a group of illiterate desert dwelling nomads called the Jews?

2. What evidence do you have that people who don't believe in God have no morals? Here's an article highlighting over-whelming evidence that babies can make moral decisions. They lack the capacity of understanding to grasp God or verdica or whatever you're calling him this week and yet instinctively know right from wrong. Here's another that shows what the bible or book of verdica classifies as good or evil is actually genetic and environmental and 'evil' people have less brain activity in certain parts of their brain...

Give me 2 peer-reviewed facts to support your case and I'll personally finance the publication of your upcoming book.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 5 users Like Shannow's post
18-02-2012, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 05:16 PM by FSM_scot.)
(18-02-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  but before that Veridicanism will destroy atheism.
In what way will that destroy a lack of belief? what makes you think its any better than the rest of the religions out there that atheists reject?.
I think you'll find that kind of thinking won't get you anywhere.

(18-02-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  And long before all of that when you come to judgment, you will have to answer for why you refused to acknowledge your Creator. You know about Christ. You have enough intelligence to figure it all out, but you won't do it, because you want to live in sin. You won't come into the light, because your deeds are evil.
when you come to judgment, you will have to answer for why you refused to acknowledge the Flying Spaghetti monster.....

My deeds are evil? What deeds? Thinking for myself?, not wasting my life posting to a nonsense hate filled blog?, Getting an education and putting it to use to do something useful in the world to help my fellow man?, Accepting people for who they are regardless of gender,ethnicity,sexuality etc?, not being a bigot? Not harming others?.... Stop me if I guess the evil deed that I'm guilty of?

If I stand before your god, and I am condemned to hell for thinking for myself by not being its puppet and trying to make the world just a bit less shit for others, so be it.

I have a viewing for an apartment that I hear has a great view of the lake of fire this time of year....I'll rent you a room when you get down there.

Answer me this, What makes you think you are worthy of the kingdom of heaven you hold in such high regard?. Do you truly want to spend eternity as a mindless drone worshipping a genocidal being?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post