So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
Has anyone converted yet? I'm on the fence, I just don't want to be first in line.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 01:15 PM
(18-02-2012 09:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Has anyone converted yet? I'm on the fence, I just don't want to be first in line.

But the first ten get the free cookware!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-02-2012, 04:47 PM
(18-02-2012 01:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 09:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Has anyone converted yet? I'm on the fence, I just don't want to be first in line.

Yeah, but what good is that if we're not allowed to eat babies anymore. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 04:51 PM
(18-02-2012 04:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

You can eat them I think - pretty sure Jesus never said any commandment about *not* eating babies so unless it's in the updated Veridican Bible you should be good to go Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-02-2012, 04:56 PM
(18-02-2012 04:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

You can eat them I think - pretty sure Jesus never said any commandment about *not* eating babies so unless it's in the updated Veridican Bible you should be good to go Smile

Mm...good point MD. But actually there is a school of thought that the root Aramaic words in Mark 10:14 are really talking about Jesus' appetite for saucy toddlers.
"Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God."

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 05:06 PM
(18-02-2012 04:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  You can eat them I think - pretty sure Jesus never said any commandment about *not* eating babies so unless it's in the updated Veridican Bible you should be good to go Smile

Mm...good point MD. But actually there is a school of thought that the root Aramaic words in Mark 10:14 are really talking about Jesus' appetite for saucy toddlers.
"Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God."

Ah right so "forbid them not" obviously refers to an ancient Hebrew cookery technique of forbidding - he obviously didn't like his baby snacks forbidden. "Kingdom of God" - not sure about that, I thought it might refer to the recipe but then no chef worth his salt is gonna say "bring me some flour, for of such is cake made" - it's implicit. Oh wait hang on, I see it, it's the name of the sauce, am I right? That's why you were talking about saucy toddlers.

Man this textual criticism stuff is hard stuff. Almost feels like I'm making it up Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-02-2012, 05:14 PM
(18-02-2012 05:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 04:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  You can eat them I think - pretty sure Jesus never said any commandment about *not* eating babies so unless it's in the updated Veridican Bible you should be good to go Smile

Ah right so "forbid them not" obviously refers to an ancient Hebrew cookery technique of forbidding - he obviously didn't like his baby snacks forbidden. "Kingdom of God" - not sure about that, I thought it might refer to the recipe but then no chef worth his salt is gonna say "bring me some flour, for of such is cake made" - it's implicit. Oh wait hang on, I see it, it's the name of the sauce, am I right? That's why you were talking about saucy toddlers.

Man this textual criticism stuff is hard stuff. Almost feels like I'm making it up Big Grin

Yes, you're right about the understanding of forbidding. Before the advent of convection ovens, the Hebrews had a way of making under ground dutch ovens to cook the babies of their enemies. When the Roman Empire took over, they forbade the technique as being inferior to their preferred method of boiling their baby meat...much like the English do today. Undecided So clearly Jesus was referring to a return to the ancient tradition of "forbidding."

Now as to the "Kingdom of God," obviously there are different ways of understanding the Greek, but when you line up where this story appears in the Synoptic Gospels, it is clear that Jesus was saying BBQ Baby is some of the best damn eatin' one can ever do. It's sort of like saying, "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!"

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Edit.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2012, 09:27 PM
So are you going to explain how you get around the problem of free will you just brought up or what?
18-02-2012, 09:27 PM

(18-02-2012 09:25 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  when you come to judgment, you will have to answer for why you refused to acknowledge the Flying Spaghetti monster.....

My deeds are evil? What deeds? Thinking for myself?, not wasting my life posting to a nonsense hate filled blog?, Getting an education and putting it to use to do something useful in the world to help my fellow man?, Accepting people for who they are regardless of gender,ethnicity,sexuality etc?, not being a bigot? Not harming others?.... Stop me if I guess the evil deed that I'm guilty of?

If I stand before your god, and I am condemned to hell for thinking for myself by not being its puppet and trying to make the world just a bit less shit for others, so be it.

All your good deeds mean nothing--not if you're an atheist who is well aware of Christ and his revelation to mankind. Your flippant reference to a flying speghetti monster outweighs every good thing you think you have done. Ha! As if God couldn't have done all that without your help.

Let me say this again: If you are an atheist, your good deeds are worthless and you will burn in hell anyway.

Maybe it's time we talk about Pascal's Wager. See, you think, like so many of your kind, that you can accept hell--as if you were simply missing out on a mansion and living in a trailer in the desert instead. You have no idea what you are headed for.

Quote:Answer me this, What makes you think you are worthy of the kingdom of heaven you hold in such high regard?.

I have put my faith in Jesus Christ and have been transformed into the substance of Christ. There is only one destiny for me, just as there is only one destiny for you. My guess is I'm a greater sinner than you. But that doesn't matter, just like your good works don't matter.

(18-02-2012 09:27 PM)Ben Wrote:  So are you going to explain how you get around the problem of free will you just brought up or what?

Someday. In a book.
Quote this message in a reply