So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 10:15 PM by FSM_scot.)
RE: So, there's a new religion out there, and it's defeating atheism.
(18-02-2012 09:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  Ha! As if God couldn't have done all that without your help.
Yet your god continues to ignore the ones in need, ignores the crys of a starving child, allows for death and misery to happen to the innocent regardless of if they have accepted Jesus or not.

Do you really want to spend eternity as a mindless drone worshipping a being that allows that to happen?, because its part of some twisted plan we have no control over?

(18-02-2012 09:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  Let me say this again: If you are an atheist, your good deeds are worthless and you will burn in hell anyway.
So our actions mean nothing in the eyes of god?, so you could commit every horrible act one human could inflict onto others, but as long as they have faith in Jesus they get into heaven?, yet people who commit no sins and do good in the world, wont get in if they don't have faith in Jesus?. If that's the case your god isn't just, and your god rewards mindlessness only.

Out of curiosity, What about people who are born with a severe disability and are incapable of accepting Jesus due to their mental state, Do they get accepted into heaven despite never accepting Jesus?

(18-02-2012 09:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  Maybe it's time we talk about Pascal's Wager. See, you think, like so many of your kind, that you can accept hell--as if you were simply missing out on a mansion and living in a trailer in the desert instead. You have no idea what you are headed for.
I don't accept hell, how can I accept something that i don't believe exists?.
No one knows what they are headed for when they die, I sure don't and neither do you.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
19-02-2012, 12:11 AM
(17-02-2012 01:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Obviously, I can’t address three pages of replies...

I’m not out to have followers. If you knew the tenets of Veridicanism you would know that it is impossible to have a Veridican leader. I will publish books and I will teach anyone who wants to know.

I know it's difficult to read through 3 pages of replies, but it would seem to be important if you want to be the lone defender of your faith here. I pointed out in one of the first comments that Wikipedia does not have an entry on your religion, which would seem to be the precursor to "publishing books", and would be the right thing to do if you wish to "teach anyone who wants to know".

We don't know the tenets of Veridicanism because they haven't been laid in any defining manner. I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, but from what I know of this religion, I'm awfully sure that I can't guess your tenets. Judging from the opinions here, it should be clear that no one that visited your site has been convinced. Why don't you make the effort to update your Wikipedia entry, where your beliefs will not only become well-known but will be up for public edit and clarification? It is, in my humble opinion, a much better use of your time.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
19-02-2012, 01:46 AM

(19-02-2012 12:11 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I know it's difficult to read through 3 pages of replies, but it would seem to be important if you want to be the lone defender of your faith here. I pointed out in one of the first comments that Wikipedia does not have an entry on your religion, which would seem to be the precursor to "publishing books", and would be the right thing to do if you wish to "teach anyone who wants to know".

I was wondering if I should do that. I guess I will. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:We don't know the tenets of Veridicanism because they haven't been laid in any defining manner. I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, but from what I know of this religion, I'm awfully sure that I can't guess your tenets. Judging from the opinions here, it should be clear that no one that visited your site has been convinced. Why don't you make the effort to update your Wikipedia entry, where your beliefs will not only become well-known but will be up for public edit and clarification? It is, in my humble opinion, a much better use of your time.

What does "up for public edit" mean? Does that mean anyone can come in and put in what they think Veridicanism is?

If you want to know more, go to http://www.veridican.com
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
19-02-2012, 08:11 AM
(19-02-2012 01:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 12:11 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I know it's difficult to read through 3 pages of replies, but it would seem to be important if you want to be the lone defender of your faith here. I pointed out in one of the first comments that Wikipedia does not have an entry on your religion, which would seem to be the precursor to "publishing books", and would be the right thing to do if you wish to "teach anyone who wants to know".

I was wondering if I should do that. I guess I will. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:We don't know the tenets of Veridicanism because they haven't been laid in any defining manner. I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, but from what I know of this religion, I'm awfully sure that I can't guess your tenets. Judging from the opinions here, it should be clear that no one that visited your site has been convinced. Why don't you make the effort to update your Wikipedia entry, where your beliefs will not only become well-known but will be up for public edit and clarification? It is, in my humble opinion, a much better use of your time.

What does "up for public edit" mean? Does that mean anyone can come in and put in what they think Veridicanism is?

If you want to know more, go to http://www.veridican.com

By "up for public edit" I mean that if you have a vision of Veridicanism that doesn't coincide with the general view of its definition, then a person with a conflicting point-of-view on the matter can change it to suit a more accurate view of it. If you are the original founder of this religion, then obviously that's not going to be relevant, because that makes you an "expert" on the topic and you ultimately have final say on what defines it. I just didn't want to assume as much, as this info that you are the founder was heard second-hand from KingsChosen.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
19-02-2012, 09:04 AM
(19-02-2012 12:11 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  I pointed out in one of the first comments that Wikipedia does not have an entry on your religion...
Gwynnite wiki? Hmmn... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Egor, did you have this idea, religion or belief since 2004??

If so, what has been stopping you from preach Veridicanism since then? I've read several posts from you and it seemed to me that you are (or were) Christian... I'm so confused right now Huh

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
19-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Hold on guys, I'm going to apply a little first-order logic to the tenets of Veridicanism. This is inspired by the perfect vs. imperfect thing that happened a few pages ago.

Definition: Perfect -- finished, complete, unchanging, in a state where no alteration to its state is necessary [though necessary to what purpose might be a sticking point?]

Axiom 1: Everything is God and God is everything
Axiom 2: Being Christ is the purpose of human life.
Axiom 3: God is perfect. (I had to pull this out of an offhand reference in the discussion of Heaven and Hell. "[...] the individual soul being necessarily eternal cannot be forgotten by a perfect God." God is therefore assumed to be perfect.)

Theorem 1: Everything is God (A1), therefore people are God (or part of God) because people are part of everything. [Incidentally, Hell is also God because it is a thing and part of everything.]
Theorem 2: If a person fulfills the purpose of human life, then that person is Christ because being Christ is the purpose of human life. (A2)
Theorem 3: God is perfect (A3), therefore by definition God is in a state where no alteration to its state is necessary.
Theorem 4: A person is perfect, therefore by definition is in a state where no alteration is necessary. (T1, T3)
Theorem 5: Every person is Christ. By contradiction: Assume a person does no fulfill the purpose of human life. That person is not perfect, because an alteration to their state is required (they must do something to fulfill the purpose of human life). This contradicts (T4), so every person must fulfill the purpose of human life. Therefore, every person is Christ. (T2)

You're all going to heaven, folks!! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
20-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry, I'm sure you've said it already, but I don't like to sift thru threads:

What are the three rituals of V?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 12:31 AM

(19-02-2012 05:51 PM)KVron Wrote:  Egor, did you have this idea, religion or belief since 2004??

If so, what has been stopping you from preach Veridicanism since then? I've read several posts from you and it seemed to me that you are (or were) Christian... I'm so confused right now Huh

In truth, I have gone back and forth many times. But I've made a final decision now. Veridicans, perhaps even more than Christians, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, so sue me, but I have often been confused as to whether Veridicanism was a type of Christianity or it's own thing. I am convinced now that it is its own thing.

I've been a Veridican since 1993 and that's when it started.

(20-02-2012 12:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm sorry, I'm sure you've said it already, but I don't like to sift thru threads:

The two tenets are as follows:

God is monistic in nature (Deus Est Omnia).

The human purpose is to be Christ; Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation (Esse Christus).

In addition a Veridican has three spiritual practices that strengthen them as Christ and prepare them for the next phase of existence after death. These are Animal Care, Physical Exercise, and Pursuit of Purpose (The human purpose is to become Christ, but each person as Christ has a particular purpose they were born for.).
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2012, 12:37 AM
(20-02-2012 12:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:51 PM)KVron Wrote:  Egor, did you have this idea, religion or belief since 2004??

In truth, I have gone back and forth many times. But I've made a final decision now. Veridicans, perhaps even more than Christians, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, so sue me, but I have often been confused as to whether Veridicanism was a type of Christianity or it's own thing. I am convinced now that it is its own thing.

I've been a Veridican since 1993 and that's when it started.

(20-02-2012 12:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm sorry, I'm sure you've said it already, but I don't like to sift thru threads:

The two tenets are as follows:

God is monistic in nature (Deus Est Omnia).

The human purpose is to be Christ; Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation (Esse Christus).

In addition a Veridican has three spiritual practices that strengthen them as Christ and prepare them for the next phase of existence after death. These are Animal Care, Physical Exercise, and Pursuit of Purpose (The human purpose is to become Christ, but each person as Christ has a particular purpose they were born for.).

Are there specific guidelines for acting out these rituals, or is each Veridican lead by the Holy Spirit? Or is there is a Spirit?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel