So there's some people street preaching going on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 08:35 PM
So there's some people street preaching going on
I was returning some movies from Red Box ( a automated movie rental place) and a crowd of people were across the street proclaiming gods word and all that. Doesn't really bother me in the " This is totally wrecking me up" way but I can't help but ask. Why? I'm not so naive that I think that this won't effect anyone. but why must you megaphone your word on a peaceful night with a clear sky? It's such a complete waste of sound space. I already get enough on TV, signs, and radio. The fact that this was a crowd also creates a kind of intimidation factor since I can't go up to them without it likely becoming a bigger deal then I want it. Not that I desired to anyway since I just left and came home. I just become perplexed with such things though.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
26-04-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: So there's some people street preaching going on
I imagine it's like if extra-terrestrials landed, and the first words out of their mouths was something like, "Jesus saves". Threre would be a few of us still citing, "wait wait, all, listen to our reason"!! Clinging like bed bugs Smile

26-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I've never actually seen this sort of thing. One time in downtown Tampa but it was just one guy, although he seemed pretty serious about it. Once in a while I've seen a single crazy-person in Toronto but that's about it. I see them in videos but I often wonder how commonplace this sort of behavior really is. Perhaps I'm a bit sheltered up here in a small town, but I do find this interesting. How many were there? I wonder how I would react to something like you describe.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
26-04-2013, 10:38 PM
(26-04-2013 09:35 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I've never actually seen this sort of thing. One time in downtown Tampa but it was just one guy, although he seemed pretty serious about it. Once in a while I've seen a single crazy-person in Toronto but that's about it. I see them in videos but I often wonder how commonplace this sort of behavior really is. Perhaps I'm a bit sheltered up here in a small town, but I do find this interesting. How many were there? I wonder how I would react to something like you describe.

Ruff guess, 12-15. Not sure to much cause I just glanced over a couple of times. My towns not that big either, and this type of thing isn't that common. Another thing that I get I guess but am still is kinda beyond me ( if that makes sense) is that since the message was that of Jesus saves you from this that and the other the people your gonna get that come your way are those that are desperate. In other words, your not trying to get them by logic, your getting them by emotion. I guess it's won of those things that just seems like I'm on the outside looking inn. I'm just gonna star through that window going, huh??

Just an outsider looking inn.