So tired of Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 03:23 PM
So tired of Christians
I have probably been on every Christian forum in the last 15 years. Most of the time, I ask for a voluntary termination.

It's no surprise to me that more Christians convert to Atheism than atheist convert to Christianity. I just left a forum. I was on it for two days, posted about 30 times, and was condemned by three people, two of them administrators. The issue? I'm non-trinitarian.

I have a cousin who's a minister. I hadn't seen or spoke to him for 35 years and he had absolutely NOTHING good to say about me.

Christianity has become a hypocritical debacled religion, and I'm about done with it. I'm not saying I'm no longer a believer, I just don't want anything to do with CHRISTIANS anymore. They are arrogant, snide, self righteous, and judgmental, etc. Always pointing out the faults of others.

They all think they have the truth, yet they can't agree on anything and even condemn others in the faith for believing different. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to condemning people for disagreeing. They literally demonize one another. It's no wonder the debacled religion of Christianity is seriously losing ground in the US and the EU.

I have a good friend who's an atheist. I get along with him better than those who are Christians.
Sad isn't?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Jack Hammer's post
27-03-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: So tired of Christians
Yeah, you'll get no argument from me. They're a bunch of self-righteous assholes alright.

Welcome aboard!
27-03-2017, 03:56 PM
First off welcome to the forums.

You quoted "Christianity has become a hypocritical debacled religion" but in reality that isn't true. It has always been a hypocritical religion.

You mention that you have joined every Christian site which leads me to believe you must believe in a higher power? Not an issue as we have a few members on here that do also. It's all in how you approach your statements that you make here. Hopefully you will learn some things that you haven't considered. Nevertheless. Good to have you here.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 7 users Like RearViewMirror's post
27-03-2017, 04:01 PM
At this point I'm pretty much tired of everyone that isn't a cat.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 11 users Like yakherder's post
27-03-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 04:13 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(27-03-2017 03:23 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  They all think they have the truth, yet they can't agree on anything and even condemn others in the faith for believing different. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to condemning people for disagreeing.

That sounds rather like politics. However, I would guess that those self-selecting Christians who post at such forums are much more likely to be strident than ordinary Christians. Many of the Christians I know are very nice people.

In any case, welcome to this forum and good luck.
27-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-03-2017, 04:17 PM
(27-03-2017 04:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  At this point I'm pretty much tired of everyone that isn't a cat.
I think a lot of people feel like that. Especially after people crap on you. If you were to ask 100 people if they like cats and dogs better than humans, probably 50 or more % would say yes.
[+] 1 user Likes Jack Hammer's post
27-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Good to have you here, Jack Hammer.
This is a global community and you will find a variety of discussion - don't hesitate to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-03-2017, 04:23 PM
(27-03-2017 04:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome!

Thank you Jen. I think I had to come here to vent more than anything else. Just so the forum knows. I don't pass judgment on people. I don't care if your religious or not.

I could tell you nightmares I've had dealing with pastors etc. I use to be one, but did the right thing getting out. I preached my first sermon at age 19, and my last one at age 21....Never again! I'm 62.

Now that I'm retired, I want to stay away from Christians. They do nothing but get under my skin, and do nothing for my peace of mind.
[+] 4 users Like Jack Hammer's post
27-03-2017, 04:25 PM
(27-03-2017 04:04 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 03:23 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  They all think they have the truth, yet they can't agree on anything and even condemn others in the faith for believing different. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to condemning people for disagreeing.

That sounds rather like politics. However, I would guess that those self-selecting Christians who post at such forums are much more likely to be strident than ordinary Christians. Many of the Christians I know are very nice people.

In any case, welcome to this forum and good luck.
Thanks,

I wish I could say the same. Quite honestly, I've had very little luck with Christians and church. I probably haven't been to church 10 times in the last 10 years.
[+] 1 user Likes Jack Hammer's post