So tired of Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: So tired of Christians
(27-03-2017 03:47 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Yeah, you'll get no argument from me. They're a bunch of self-righteous assholes alright.

Welcome aboard!

I hate to say....I agree! Hey Mr. B. If your in bean town I'm really not far away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2017, 04:28 PM
(27-03-2017 03:56 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  First off welcome to the forums.

You quoted "Christianity has become a hypocritical debacled religion" but in reality that isn't true. It has always been a hypocritical religion.

You mention that you have joined every Christian site which leads me to believe you must believe in a higher power? Not an issue as we have a few members on here that do also. It's all in how you approach your statements that you make here. Hopefully you will learn some things that you haven't considered. Nevertheless. Good to have you here.
Thanks RVM,
I almost burned all my books and bibles about two months ago I was so disgruntled with Christians. But I didn't! YET anyway!
[+] 1 user Likes Jack Hammer's post
27-03-2017, 04:36 PM
It's difficult to be open to differences of opinion when you are absolutely certain that you have the ultimate answers.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Does that mean you're a uniformitarian??? Gasp Isaac Newton was a uniformitarian if I recall correctly. He had to keep it under his hat...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2017, 04:53 PM
(27-03-2017 04:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It's difficult to be open to differences of opinion when you are absolutely certain that you have the ultimate answers.
I have a saying that I used on those forums....

"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."
[+] 1 user Likes Jack Hammer's post
27-03-2017, 04:57 PM
(27-03-2017 04:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Does that mean you're a uniformitarian??? Gasp Isaac Newton was a uniformitarian if I recall correctly. He had to keep it under his hat...

I had to look up what a uniformitarian is. No. But I will say that I have doctrinal disagreements with most Christian doctrine. Especially with eschatology and other contentious issues like the fabricated pipe dream of a trinity.
27-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Welcome! Looks like you're a long way on the road to atheism, to me. Laugh out load Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-03-2017, 05:14 PM
(27-03-2017 03:23 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  I have probably been on every Christian forum in the last 15 years. Most of the time, I ask for a voluntary termination.

It's no surprise to me that more Christians convert to Atheism than atheist convert to Christianity. I just left a forum. I was on it for two days, posted about 30 times, and was condemned by three people, two of them administrators. The issue? I'm non-trinitarian.

I have a cousin who's a minister. I hadn't seen or spoke to him for 35 years and he had absolutely NOTHING good to say about me.

Christianity has become a hypocritical debacled religion, and I'm about done with it. I'm not saying I'm no longer a believer, I just don't want anything to do with CHRISTIANS anymore. They are arrogant, snide, self righteous, and judgmental, etc. Always pointing out the faults of others.

They all think they have the truth, yet they can't agree on anything and even condemn others in the faith for believing different. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to condemning people for disagreeing. They literally demonize one another. It's no wonder the debacled religion of Christianity is seriously losing ground in the US and the EU.

I have a good friend who's an atheist. I get along with him better than those who are Christians.
Sad isn't?

> Do you live in the Bible Belt?
27-03-2017, 05:18 PM
(27-03-2017 04:23 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 04:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome!

Thank you Jen. I think I had to come here to vent more than anything else. Just so the forum knows. I don't pass judgment on people. I don't care if your religious or not.

I could tell you nightmares I've had dealing with pastors etc. I use to be one, but did the right thing getting out. I preached my first sermon at age 19, and my last one at age 21....Never again! I'm 62.

Now that I'm retired, I want to stay away from Christians. They do nothing but get under my skin, and do nothing for my peace of mind.

> To tell the truth, the only Christians that I see regularly who behave in that fashion are the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to my door two or three times each year.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
27-03-2017, 05:37 PM
(27-03-2017 05:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Welcome! Looks like you're a long way on the road to atheism, to me. Laugh out load Thumbsup

In a way you are correct. I would say it's been a long road to becoming a disgruntled believer.