So tired of Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 09:49 PM by Jack Hammer.)
RE: So tired of Christians
(30-03-2017 11:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Jack Hammer Wrote:.. I'm not saying I'm no longer a believer, I just don't want anything to do with CHRISTIANS anymore. They are arrogant, snide, self righteous, and judgmental, etc. Always pointing out the faults of others.
To say something like this is bigotry. Don't you think so?
It is like you would say that every Muslim is evil terrorist.

I should be more careful with the words I use. I realize that sometimes I make blanket statements and I shouldn't. I know there's a lot of good RELIGIOUS people out there. With Christians it gets to a point where I've just got to get away from them. I believe that Christians are doing very little to get along. The Protestant's have become anti-ecumenical for several reasons. One is they believe that if they were to unite, that would be fulfilling the prophecies of a one world religion.

I've been on both sides of the pulpit. I'm quite familiar with their dogma as well as their general attitude toward toward others in the faith. And I don't like it. I go to the church about 10 miles north of me and all I hear is the demonization of Catholics Mormons, JW'S, SDA"S etc. Do you really think that's what I want to hear when I go to church? I went there about four times and it was the same thing every Sunday. Nothing but a constant barrage of badmouthing! So I go to the church about ten miles East of me and guess what...THE SAME THING! AND REMEMBER. If they were aware I was non-trinitarian, and especially found out that I don't believe in the "saved by grace and grace alone" stuff, they would call me a heretic, and some, would say that I'm lost and need to repent of my thinking.

So I go to another church and kind of like it, I like the pastor, but I HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME WITH PENTECOSTALS and pretribulationism. So I just don't fit well in most churches. They're aren't that many options for church here in NH.

Over the last 40 years or so I've studied nearly every doctrine there is to study. And every time I study them, I often walk away believing different than mainstream Christianity. So I've developed my own dogma.

My field of study is eschatology. What I'm most disturbed about is the fact nearly every church believes that the anti-Christ and false prophet would come from within the church. They tell people that the "whore of Babylon" is either the Catholic church or "the apostate church". They tell us that the evils mentioned in 2 Thes. 2 refers to CHRISTIANS. Read the chapter. Anyone who attributes the evils mentioned in 2 Thes. 2 is the church has ZERO interpretational skills.

So in a nut shell, those are the major bitches I have with CHRISTIANS, not to mention some of the horrid experiences I've had IN church. I'm tired of being told I'm lost. I'm tired of hearing them demonize one another, judging even condemning one another. I'm sick of them attributing ALL of the evils mentioned in end-time prophecy to themselves. Why would anyone want to convert to Christianity when they tell people the church is going to produce the anti-Christ and false prophet! Not to mention the sickening televangelist who represent Christianity like professional beggar Mike Murdock and the like, or fake faith healers like Benny Hinn and Peter Popoff! Popoff is the guy who was popped by 60 minutes for acting like a clairvoyant with a bug in his ear. At one point, Popoff was making over a million dollars a month!

ResidentEvil said,

Quote:Don't take this the wrong way but... Why not just stop believing? There is no proof of a supreme being and your criticisms of all these different religions reinforces that fact. Study the bible, study all the science texts you can get your hands on and I think you will come to understand that religion is a useless antiquated practice that does more harm than good.

Good question and nicely put. And I agree with your assessment of RELIGION! My atheist friend Dave said to me after telling him similar to the above, "that's why people avoid religion like the plague!" And I agree! I now am at the point where I don't need religion either. I don't need a church to tell me what to believe otherwise be condemned. etc. BUT. I still believe in the bible however somewhat different than your typical christian.

So. Why not stop believing? Because every time I go to a Chinese or Mexican restaurant and I look at my wontons or buritto, I realize it took a mind to make it.

It's that simple with me. So Ill never stop believing, I've just lost all confidence in the people within the debacled religion of Christianity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 09:49 PM
TO JACK HAMMER

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-03-2017, 09:49 PM
(30-03-2017 09:36 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So. Why not stop believing? Because every time I go to a Chinese or Mexican restaurant and I look at my wontons or buritto, I realize it took a mind to make it.

Well, congrats. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest reasons yet offered.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-03-2017, 10:11 PM
(30-03-2017 09:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:36 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So. Why not stop believing? Because every time I go to a Chinese or Mexican restaurant and I look at my wontons or buritto, I realize it took a mind to make it.

Well, congrats. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest reasons yet offered.

I know. It's way too simple and logical. However, it is somewhat scientific!
30-03-2017, 10:34 PM
(30-03-2017 10:11 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, congrats. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest reasons yet offered.

No, not at all. But hey, you wouldn't be the first theist here with zero comprehension of the scientific method. You certainly won't be the last either. How terribly uninteresting.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Jack Hammer Wrote:Do you really think that's what I want to hear when I go to church?
No.
I don't know what you want to hear when you go to church.

Jack Hammer Wrote:but I HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME WITH PENTECOSTALS and pretribulationism
why?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
31-03-2017, 10:11 AM
(30-03-2017 10:11 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, congrats. That is quite possibly one of the dumbest reasons yet offered.

Um...no it's not; you're just parroting the "painting needs a painter" Kirk Cameron/Ray Comfort bullshit.

Although I agree, it is way too simple.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
31-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Hang out with Moonies instead. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-03-2017, 12:41 PM
(30-03-2017 09:36 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So. Why not stop believing? Because every time I go to a Chinese or Mexican restaurant and I look at my wontons or burrito, I realize it took a mind to make it.

Quoting the infamous on-court actions of J McEnroe... "You CAN'T be serious!" Weeping

This is just a variation on one of the well-known Christian apologists' whackjob notions; as per William Lane Craig, Lee Strobel, Ken Ham, Anthony Horvath, et al. That a a purportedly divine creation needs a "Creator". Which is arrant nonsense.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-03-2017, 12:59 PM
(31-03-2017 12:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:36 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So. Why not stop believing? Because every time I go to a Chinese or Mexican restaurant and I look at my wontons or burrito, I realize it took a mind to make it.

Quoting the infamous on-court actions of J McEnroe... "You CAN'T be serious!" Weeping

This is just a variation on one of the well-known Christian apologists' whackjob notions; as per William Lane Craig, Lee Strobel, Ken Ham, Anthony Horvath, et al. That a a purportedly divine creation needs a "Creator". Which is arrant nonsense.

What you're saying is that you're an accident less sophisticated than a burrito.