So tired of Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: So tired of Christians
(31-03-2017 12:59 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 12:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Quoting the infamous on-court actions of J McEnroe... "You CAN'T be serious!" Weeping

This is just a variation on one of the well-known Christian apologists' whackjob notions; as per William Lane Craig, Lee Strobel, Ken Ham, Anthony Horvath, et al. That a a purportedly divine creation needs a "Creator". Which is arrant nonsense.

What you're saying is that you're an accident less sophisticated than a burrito.

We are contingent. Evolution did not have to produce us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
31-03-2017, 01:03 PM
(31-03-2017 11:12 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Hang out with Moonies instead. Big Grin

I'd rather hang out with the vets at my local Legion Post of VFW. I get to have a few brews, then we go up on the roof and smoke fatti, and shoot arrows at the town clock.
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2017, 01:08 PM
(31-03-2017 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 12:59 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  What you're saying is that you're an accident less sophisticated than a burrito.

We are contingent. Evolution did not have to produce us.

Also, there's no reason we can't be replaced. We aren't the "pinnacle" of evolution (or at least I hope we aren't lol we aren't that great). We might blow ourselves up and get replaced by something else. People who think its all random, or think that the world was "created" for us have an over inflated sense of self importance. We were "created" so to speak, molded more accurately for the world, not the other way around.

One day an ancestor of your dog, could be talking to an ancestor of a bird, and also be talking to an ancestor of you, and they'll all likely agree.... People in this time period are stupid. HAHAHAHA

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
31-03-2017, 01:10 PM
I'd like to point out something people learned through video game design.

"Complexity breeds complexity" -some dude from CCP games talking about designing systems for games.

This concept applies to natural systems like evolution too.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
31-03-2017, 01:28 PM
(31-03-2017 12:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Quoting the infamous on-court actions of J McEnroe... "You CAN'T be serious!" Weeping

This is just a variation on one of the well-known Christian apologists' whackjob notions; as per William Lane Craig, Lee Strobel, Ken Ham, Anthony Horvath, et al. That a a purportedly divine creation needs a "Creator". Which is arrant nonsense.

What you're saying is that you're an accident less sophisticated than a burrito.

You're basically saying because you can't comprehend that we were NOT designed/made that you have to believe in it. That's fine and all to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but has nothing to do with whether it's true or not.

Also what do you compare being "designed" with? You can tell a house is built by someone because you compare it to a cave. But what are you comparing the cave to to determine something designed that cave?
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
31-03-2017, 02:33 PM

I'm saying that the universe doesn't give a shit about how special you think you are in comparison to a burrito, and an emotionally stunted invisible pan-dimensional space wizard isn't required to explain your credulity either. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2017, 10:10 AM
(31-03-2017 01:03 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 11:12 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Hang out with Moonies instead. Big Grin

I'd rather hang out with the vets at my local Legion Post of VFW. I get to have a few brews, then we go up on the roof and smoke fatti, and shoot arrows at the town clock.

> I find that rather odd, since the VFW does not admit atheists.
01-04-2017, 10:17 AM
(01-04-2017 10:10 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 01:03 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  I'd rather hang out with the vets at my local Legion Post of VFW. I get to have a few brews, then we go up on the roof and smoke fatti, and shoot arrows at the town clock.

> I find that rather odd, since the VFW does not admit atheists.

Everything dude says is made up. He always eventually gets caught in a lie.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Damn...Jack got banned? Color me shocked.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post