So what do you believe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Re: So what do you believe?
Crazy mother...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: So what do you believe?
(23-07-2013 03:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Crazy mother...

lol it's not like I've changed in two years...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-07-2013, 04:02 PM
(23-07-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Thats true, your thick but we love you anyway.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-07-2013, 04:03 PM
(23-07-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Yeah, that's what's crazy. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-07-2013, 04:04 PM
(23-07-2013 01:49 PM)JDepps Wrote:  I am not an atheist. I'm an agnostic. And being an agnostic is extremely stressful and brain puzzling constantly wondering is this true, is that true. Never knowing what to believe. Anyways, I'm just curious what you all believe. Whether it's Evolution, Big Bang, whatever. I'm just curious what an atheist thinks about where we came from or how the Universe came to be. Being brought up in an extremely religious home all I was taught was God, and God only. So honestly I'm clueless about most of the theories that are out there.

"Agnostic" tells me nothing about what you believe - just your stance on the knowledge of what you believe.

So...are you an Agnostic Theist or an Agnostic Atheist?
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
23-07-2013, 04:48 PM
(23-07-2013 04:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol it's not like I've changed in two years...

Yeah, that's what's crazy. Tongue

Bah.
Slowly, inexorably change is happening beneath the surface.
It will breach the surface one of these days months years. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm an agnostic atheist technically. What do you think makes your agnostic?

Most agnostics I know dismiss the gnostic approach -- meaning they don't really believe in the mythology surrounding god.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-07-2013, 05:24 PM

..... exactly who here is NOT crazy?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
23-07-2013, 05:25 PM
(23-07-2013 01:49 PM)JDepps Wrote:  I am not an atheist. I'm an agnostic. And being an agnostic is extremely stressful and brain puzzling constantly wondering is this true, is that true. Never knowing what to believe. Anyways, I'm just curious what you all believe. Whether it's Evolution, Big Bang, whatever. I'm just curious what an atheist thinks about where we came from or how the Universe came to be. Being brought up in an extremely religious home all I was taught was God, and God only. So honestly I'm clueless about most of the theories that are out there.

I am quite simply "indifferent" when it comes to religion. I could care less about the beliefs, although I find the history fascinating.

You query some great questions. In regards to "how the Universe came to be," I am of the school of thought that it never came to be. It has simply always existed; it had no origin, and will see no end.

Sure, the Big Bang probably happened, but that was not the origin of the universe. It was simply one of an infinite series of Big Bangs that have occurred throughout infinity.

Evolution is just common sense. We see it daily in our own lives as we evolve intellectually and physically.

So don't puzzle yourself too much about "beliefs" in regards to religions, because at the end of the day they are all 6 of 1 with no real evidence for support, and quite frankly ... completely insulting to the modern human intellectual condition.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
23-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm an Apatheist.

Which means I just don't give a shit. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post