So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 04:14 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
I saw a really interesting person called Ferdinand posting here and joined so I could meet her. Blush

JOKES, admit it people, how many of you totally believed that (I actually joined before her)? Big Grin

I actually joined around the time of the Jessica Ahlquist lawsuit which youtube recommended me a video of info about. It got me interested in atheism in general, especially in America and by clicking on interesting looking atheism vids that youtube recommended I found TTA's videos and loved the ones I saw. That led me to the site and I joined the forum.

Man the place is so different now to when I joined.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 03:57 PM
I had heard a couple of Seth's broadcasts and they sounded interesting but I didn't really pay that much attention - I was more into YouTube. Things there were becoming crazy there and I was beginning to look to other forms of communication.

When Seth started interviewing a few YouTube people I knew, I think I finally clicked on a link under a video to the TTA website. Once there, I clicked on the forum link and applied. I lurked a few times then... and then completely forgot the user name. I recently found it in an old file. Tongue

That was about a year before I went ahead and decided to reapply. I figured I better stick with a user name I wouldn't forget. Wink

This place came along at a time when I was looking to interact more with people. Ok... virtual people... sort of. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm here because I'm not a nice person.

I think I am here because of Facebook, actually.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I was searching for an atheist forum on Google. I needed to vent. My husband had passed away and I thought I was going to lose it because of all the idiotic religious babble I had to listen too. It drove me up the wall. So I came here and ranted, started reading and stayed.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-10-2013, 04:22 PM
I was looking for pizza...

...this was a stoopid idea for a thread. It has all the makings of one of those long running Intro-esque thingies.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-10-2013, 04:38 PM
(05-10-2013 04:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I was looking for pizza...

...this was a stoopid idea for a thread. It has all the makings of one of those long running Intro-esque thingies.
To bad, here you go [Image: za.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
05-10-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 05:24 PM by DLJ.)
(05-10-2013 04:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 04:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I was looking for pizza...
Too bad, here you go [Image: za.jpg]

Drooling Pepperoni! My favourite.

Thank you.

In truth, I came in here looking for a way to get some mugs and shirts and whether they could be shipped outside of the USofA, and if I could pay cash. No

Before that, I vaguely recall it was seeing something on YouTube possibly looking for Philhellenes stuff and stumbling on TTA... my first forum.

But the big question is why I stayed.

Consider

I think it's the policy regarding free-sp Censored

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-10-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 05:52 PM by grizzlysnake.)
(05-10-2013 05:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 04:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Too bad, here you go [Image: za.jpg]

Drooling Pepperoni! My favourite.

Thank you.

In truth, I came in here looking for a way to get some mugs and shirts and whether they could be shipped outside of the USofA, and if I could pay cash. No

Before that, I vaguely recall it was seeing something on YouTube possibly looking for Philhellenes stuff and stumbling on TTA... my first forum.

But the big question is why I stayed.

Consider
Because of all of the free pizza!
[Image: tmnt-pizza.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
05-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Well something needs to be right in my life. Might as well be you unlucky people. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I was sent by God.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post