So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 05:33 AM
So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)
So I think I need to quit my job.

Basically a supervisor who is all BFF with the top manager got the top manager to say he didn't have to do part of the job (collect trolleys and empty rubbish bins in carpark). A part of the job he very very much hates doing and is only causing a fuss because he doesn't want to have to do it. The excuse the top manager gave is bullshit, I got 2 managers and a supervisor who agree with me.

The job is suppose to alternate between the two security staff each week, I work with the supervisor who doesn't want to do it on Tuesday. And so now they're trying to make me do it every Tuesday and I'm not having a bar of it. I will do it every second Tuesday as per my job, but I will not do someone elses job for them simply because they hate doing it. I refuse and I will not be bullied by this supervisor and management to do so.

And so I'm going to refuse to do it. No doubt I'm gonna get a disciplinary because this has been going on for months and the head manager gave his final bullshit word on this yesterday that I do not accept and will not obey. And so this will no doubt end in my termination literally for doing my fucking job.

So what the fuck do I do? I have to quit as far as I see it.
I have three options.
1) I fight it and no doubt get fired.
2) I go against my principles and be a good little slave and do it.
3) I quit.

I have to quit. I have to. I'm not gonna be bullied by these cunts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
12-05-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)
Well, I can understand if there had been a give-and-take. If he's not going to do X, then what extra Y is he going to do to make up for it? Then at least you can have a discussion about it. But if it's clear nepotism where one person is getting favorable treatment over others without recourse? If they have the same rank and pay, but are doing less work, and without so much as a medical excuse or physical handicap? Yeah, fuck that noise.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-05-2016, 05:44 AM
Yeah, it's douchey of these fucks. Um. How will you do to get a reference outta these guys if you quit though? Presumably you're gonna try for a similar job elsewhere?

They've got you kinda over a barrel which is why they're abusing you. I vote for you standing up to them, just bear in mind it will have consequences for you so you'll need to take those into account.

Do you guys have some form of protection against unfair dismissal? If you double down and dare them to fire you, will there be consequences for them? Cos in that case you've got some ammo to work with, provided that your contract is as you state and you can prove they're playing silly buggers.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-05-2016, 05:47 AM
(12-05-2016 05:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, I can understand if there had been a give-and-take. If he's not going to do X, then what extra Y is he going to do to make up for it? Then at least you can have a discussion about it. But if it's clear nepotism where one person is getting favorable treatment over others without recourse? If they have the same rank and pay, but are doing less work, and without so much as a medical excuse or physical handicap? Yeah, fuck that noise.

The excuse given is that he's a supervisor.
My issue?
1) If he's a supervisor that night he should not be on security (because he can't leave his post to do supervisor things).
2) Other supervisors do it.
3) He's not even supervisor on Tuesdays... (the night that's the issue) There's a manager and another supervisor who is above him and acting supervisor that night. For all intent purposes he's a pleb Tuesday nights.

The two times he's actually done it he bitched about it hard the whole time. And was very "I'm talking to the head manager about this, this is bullshit I hate this crap" and he did and now he doesn't have to do it.

You tell me how the fuck that's fair? And why everyone else rotates without issue each week except now Tuesdays where I now have to do his share of the work every second week (so I have to do it every Tuesday).
12-05-2016, 05:51 AM
(12-05-2016 05:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, it's douchey of these fucks. Um. How will you do to get a reference outta these guys if you quit though? Presumably you're gonna try for a similar job elsewhere?

They've got you kinda over a barrel which is why they're abusing you. I vote for you standing up to them, just bear in mind it will have consequences for you so you'll need to take those into account.

Do you guys have some form of protection against unfair dismissal? If you double down and dare them to fire you, will there be consequences for them? Cos in that case you've got some ammo to work with, provided that your contract is as you state and you can prove they're playing silly buggers.

I could maybe get a decent reference out of one of the managers. But defiantly get a really good one out of one of the supervisors.

The issue is. As far as head office would see it, and certainly any judge, the head manager of the store has said I have to do it every week and I'm refusing to do it.
That's what they're gonna see. And I imagine refusing to do as a manager requests is a viable reason for dismissal.
12-05-2016, 05:55 AM
(12-05-2016 05:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 05:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, I can understand if there had been a give-and-take. If he's not going to do X, then what extra Y is he going to do to make up for it? Then at least you can have a discussion about it. But if it's clear nepotism where one person is getting favorable treatment over others without recourse? If they have the same rank and pay, but are doing less work, and without so much as a medical excuse or physical handicap? Yeah, fuck that noise.

The excuse given is that he's a supervisor.
My issue?
1) If he's a supervisor that night he should not be on security (because he can't leave his post to do supervisor things).
2) Other supervisors do it.
3) He's not even supervisor on Tuesdays... (the night that's the issue) There's a manager and another supervisor who is above him and acting supervisor that night. For all intent purposes he's a pleb Tuesday nights.

The two times he's actually done it he bitched about it hard the whole time. And was very "I'm talking to the head manager about this, this is bullshit I hate this crap" and he did and now he doesn't have to do it.

You tell me how the fuck that's fair? And why everyone else rotates without issue each week except now Tuesdays where I now have to do his share of the work every second week (so I have to do it every Tuesday).

If he can refuse, then so can you. If they fire you, you can fight back if they also didn't fire him for refusing to do the exact same thing. Play legal chicken with them. If they're not idiots, they'll either have to cave or fire you both. Either you get fair treatment, or you take the punkass with you. Cathartic enough for you? Evil_monster

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-05-2016, 05:55 AM
My advice would be to start searching for a new job and put up with this nonsense until you've found one. It would be a bad idea to get yourself fired before you know that you have an alternative lined up.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Vosur's post
12-05-2016, 05:56 AM
Can you do it and submit a complaint through HR that will not be seen by the head guy who's buddies with the perp? 'Cos I'm pretty sure Head office wouldn't like to know that one of their managers is mismanaging a store either?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2016, 06:05 AM
I dunno what to tell you -- but I went through my working career with this always lodged firmly in my mind ---

"It's just a fucking job"...

I wasn't there because I liked the people (though did at times) -- consequently - leaving was never really too big of a deal.

Just don't screw yourself financially in order to do what you need to do......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Fuck them. Nobody puts muffsy in a corner.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post