So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)
(12-05-2016 05:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I think I need to quit my job.

Basically a supervisor who is all BFF with the top manager got the top manager to say he didn't have to do part of the job (collect trolleys and empty rubbish bins in carpark). A part of the job he very very much hates doing and is only causing a fuss because he doesn't want to have to do it. The excuse the top manager gave is bullshit, I got 2 managers and a supervisor who agree with me.

The job is suppose to alternate between the two security staff each week, I work with the supervisor who doesn't want to do it on Tuesday. And so now they're trying to make me do it every Tuesday and I'm not having a bar of it. I will do it every second Tuesday as per my job, but I will not do someone elses job for them simply because they hate doing it. I refuse and I will not be bullied by this supervisor and management to do so.

And so I'm going to refuse to do it. No doubt I'm gonna get a disciplinary because this has been going on for months and the head manager gave his final bullshit word on this yesterday that I do not accept and will not obey. And so this will no doubt end in my termination literally for doing my fucking job.

So what the fuck do I do? I have to quit as far as I see it.
I have three options.
1) I fight it and no doubt get fired.
2) I go against my principles and be a good little slave and do it.
3) I quit.

I have to quit. I have to. I'm not gonna be bullied by these cunts.

I am sure you were looking for a job when you found that one, right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 10:33 AM
(12-05-2016 09:27 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My work philosophy has always been, you take their money, you take their shit.

When you stop taking their shit, you've stopped collecting a paycheck, (best to have something else lined up before you leave).

You'll always have to take someone's shit.

Hug

Life is like a shit sandwhich...

Yup...

The more bread you have, the less shit you eat....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-05-2016, 11:06 AM
You fuckin crybaby. Just empty the trash on fucking Tuesday you goddam peon.

Oh wait....PIAS....

Dude, that's terrible. How dare they force the guy who's lowest on the totem pole to do the shittiest jobs! Bastards!! You deserve a raise. And a cookie.

Nah, seriously dude, when your boss isn't willing to do what they ask you to do it's time to find a new boss. I've always operated under the philosophy that I should never ask an employee to do a task I'd be unwilling to do myself. If anything, your immediate supervisor should be setting the example by sharing the task with you and doing it with a smile.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Do what's best for your future. If I felt strongly enough and was certain that I was right I might put in a written complaint to (HR) or if that doesn't exist, to whoever manages the person who made the final call. Although it should be your direct manager who you go to first, unless that is the person who is the problem.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-05-2016, 05:07 PM
You know if you'd already taken over the world, none of this would be a problem. Dodgy

Tongue

12-05-2016, 06:46 PM
(12-05-2016 05:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  2) I go against my principles and be a good little slave and do it.

Do it but do it poorly. Then your principles will not be compromised.

#sigh
12-05-2016, 06:47 PM
(12-05-2016 05:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 05:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The excuse given is that he's a supervisor.
My issue?
1) If he's a supervisor that night he should not be on security (because he can't leave his post to do supervisor things).
2) Other supervisors do it.
3) He's not even supervisor on Tuesdays... (the night that's the issue) There's a manager and another supervisor who is above him and acting supervisor that night. For all intent purposes he's a pleb Tuesday nights.

The two times he's actually done it he bitched about it hard the whole time. And was very "I'm talking to the head manager about this, this is bullshit I hate this crap" and he did and now he doesn't have to do it.

You tell me how the fuck that's fair? And why everyone else rotates without issue each week except now Tuesdays where I now have to do his share of the work every second week (so I have to do it every Tuesday).

If he can refuse, then so can you. If they fire you, you can fight back if they also didn't fire him for refusing to do the exact same thing. Play legal chicken with them. If they're not idiots, they'll either have to cave or fire you both. Either you get fair treatment, or you take the punkass with you. Cathartic enough for you? Evil_monster

I have been refusing. It's been going on for like 3 or 4 months. I've only been doing it every second Tuesday. And I've either been on annual leave or straight up refused on the other Tuesdays so it never got done and the next days morning shift did it. I don't think I have any legal grounds to stand on. The manager is saying I have to do something and I'm refusing. Considering it's not murder it's just clearing 3 bins and collecting about 20 trolley's I don't think it will be seen as "unreasonable".

Quote:My advice would be to start searching for a new job and put up with this nonsense until you've found one. It would be a bad idea to get yourself fired before you know that you have an alternative lined up.

Easier said than done. I'm a 18-25 white male. I am restricted by range (because I don't have a car and the bus service is shit) and the CBD, which is basically where I'd get a job, is dying. And I mean rapidly. Job opportunities are fucking shit.
My flatmate just spent 6 months unemployed looking for a job and she's a pretty young women with great retail job history. I'm a pleb who works part time and before that was unemployed for nearly 2 years and prior to that I spent 3 years at a university and didn't get my degree. The only reason I even got this job was because I was willing to do the nigh shift and used bogus references. I interview so poorly and the unemployment around here is high so there's enough competition.
I will be one of the worst contenders and not get the job because my CV is shit and I interview poorly. Even though I'd likely be the most hard working non-retarded person apply for that job.

Quote:Can you do it and submit a complaint through HR that will not be seen by the head guy who's buddies with the perp? 'Cos I'm pretty sure Head office wouldn't like to know that one of their managers is mismanaging a store either?

I'll have to look in to it.

Quote:Looking for another job will not make you happy. This type of crap exists most everywhere.

And I would deal with it in that case too.
Just because it happens other places doesn't make it ok.

Quote:My advice is to suck it up and do it. F*ck the prissy @ss that refuses to do it himself. In situations like this, I always fall back to the saying "Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't." Inevitably, those that refuse to do stuff that they think they are too good for are missing out on life experiences that build character and earn respect. They will never grow. On the other hand, being willing to pick up the slack of others, to do the jobs others put themselves above, and to do it all with your own personal sense of dignity will go far to earn you the respect of others.

Except I don't care about respect of others. It's just emptying bins and collecting trolleys, hardly "respect" worthy. I've been passed up for extra permanent hours twice in the last 2 months despite the 2 senior security staff pushing for me to get the hours (because they believe I'm the best). I got turned up for supervisor position last year in favor for a guy that started the exact same day as me.

I have a history of calling managers out on their bullshit and they don't like it when their slaves are disobedient. I'm not earning respect or showing a willingness to work hard or whatever, I've been showing that for the last year and a half working harder than the other employees and where the fuck has that gotten me?

Was hardest working night shift guy, well liked and respected by the other staff. Got turned up for supervisor because the other guy was more obedient and liked by management. Even though he's no leadership ability at all and doesn't work as hard.

Get turned up for extra shifts on security, even though the 2 senior security staff consistently say I'm the best, which were given to one of the managers nephews...

Get turned up for the next shifts that come up to an arrogant asshole nobody likes, especially the other security staff. Who constantly shows up late and shows a lack of giving a fuck. Why? Because again the head manager likes him for whatever reason.

It's meaningless to work hard if it's not gonna get you anywhere. Respect doesn't pay the bills. Extra hours and higher paid positions pay the bills.

Quote:The trick is to do it not with an air of defeat and subservience, but to take it on as a challenge to show them you aren't afraid of getting dirty and doing crap jobs.

I do it twice a week already. I do it more than anyone else. I've proved I can do it.
It's the supervisors turn.

Quote:Show them that you are willing to lead by example. Show them that real leaders roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done.

No, real leaders suck dick and are only in their position because they're buddy with the manager.

Quote: It will also build an internal sense of dignity that is not dependent on the approval and opinion of others.

Go against my principles hardly shouts internal sense of dignity..
And I couldn't give less of a fuck what those cunts think about me. I show up, do my job, get paid, go home. That's all I wanna fucking do. But I will not be bullied and treated like shit because they feel like it.

Quote:It will pay off in the long run.

No it wont.

Quote:I suppose you could always do the job so poorly that they make the original douche do it

Nope. They'll just give me a disciplinary for not doing it properly. Rather get one for just not doing it.

Quote:My work philosophy has always been, you take their money, you take their shit.

That's dumb. You're an employee not a slave.
You take their money because you do a job. You're not paid to be bullied and treated like shit. If you just roll over and take it up the ass you're the reason this shit happens and why they think they can get away with it.

Quote:So if I put this all together right you have a job where there is 1 top manager and at least 2 other managers, 2 supervisors, and only 2 staff members?

No there's like 30 staff store wide.

Quote:I am sure you were looking for a job when you found that one, right?

Ha! No, no I was not. I was unemployed and very happy to sit around and play video games all day. The only reason I searched this job was the government was gonna make me spend 9-4 5 days a week at some shitty work training school. I'd rather get paid if I'm gonna be somewhere all day so I searched for a job.
Luckily it was around Christmas so Christmas temp jobs were around. I got offered permanent employment after that temp contract with one other guy (the one that they made a supervisor, different from this supervisor). Like 8 other people didn't get their employment renewed/extended.

Quote:Nah, seriously dude, when your boss isn't willing to do what they ask you to do it's time to find a new boss. I've always operated under the philosophy that I should never ask an employee to do a task I'd be unwilling to do myself. If anything, your immediate supervisor should be setting the example by sharing the task with you and doing it with a smile.

My thoughts too.

Quote:Although it should be your direct manager who you go to first, unless that is the person who is the problem.

My problem is with my managers manager.

Quote:You know if you'd already taken over the world, none of this would be a problem.

Yea I know.
Gotta give it some dramatic build up from rag to riches for the inevitable movie.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
12-05-2016, 07:05 PM
(12-05-2016 09:47 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  If I understood correctly there's a supervisor who's essentially ignoring his responsibilities and a top manager is letting him get away with it because they're buddies. Additionally there are two other managers and a supervisor who agree with you. The responsibility is supposed to handled by two security staff members on alternating weeks.

So if I put this all together right you have a job where there is 1 top manager and at least 2 other managers, 2 supervisors, and only 2 staff members? Why are there so many managerial positions? There's your problem right there. Go someplace where the hierarchy isn't so top-heavy.

Don't know what type of work you do, but about the age of 30 I decided I had been shat upon enuff and went into business for myself. I am not a very good boss. I cannot fill the role of "It is 7:15,you were supposed to be here at 7:00 what is wrong witj you?" So I built my business on piece work. Here is the work if you get this amount done i will pay this much. Full stop! Nothing done at the end of the week, no pay! Workd for me! Whether you prefer physical work such as laying blocks or hanging drywall or sitting making websites for people there is something for you out there.
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
15-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I think I'm gonna quit. It's not just the principle of this situation but the job itself.
I hate this job, I literally do nothing. I mean I work security, the job description of that is doing nothing. Even when I do night shift I do 3 hours of security first so by the day I get onto the actual night shift part there's nothing left to stock or whatever because the other guys are on it and I'm on recovery the whole night (basically straightening up the shelves).

I'm never gonna be happy in this job and I'm never gonna be happy working for someone else, I wont be happy until I'm doing truly my own thing.
I'm too comfortable where I am, I think I need to give myself a shake up to motivate my lazy ass to do something. Because I know if I turn 25 next month and I'm still on 12 hours a week at this shit job I'm gonna be super fucking depressed with myself.

Lifes too short to be unhappy ya know. And it's too short wasting away doing shit work for average pay (the pays not too bad admittedly) working for 'the man' (because cliche's).

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-05-2016, 11:13 PM
(12-05-2016 05:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I think I need to quit my job.

Basically a supervisor who is all BFF with the top manager got the top manager to say he didn't have to do part of the job (collect trolleys and empty rubbish bins in carpark). A part of the job he very very much hates doing and is only causing a fuss because he doesn't want to have to do it. The excuse the top manager gave is bullshit, I got 2 managers and a supervisor who agree with me.

The job is suppose to alternate between the two security staff each week, I work with the supervisor who doesn't want to do it on Tuesday. And so now they're trying to make me do it every Tuesday and I'm not having a bar of it. I will do it every second Tuesday as per my job, but I will not do someone elses job for them simply because they hate doing it. I refuse and I will not be bullied by this supervisor and management to do so.

And so I'm going to refuse to do it. No doubt I'm gonna get a disciplinary because this has been going on for months and the head manager gave his final bullshit word on this yesterday that I do not accept and will not obey. And so this will no doubt end in my termination literally for doing my fucking job.

So what the fuck do I do? I have to quit as far as I see it.
I have three options.
1) I fight it and no doubt get fired.
2) I go against my principles and be a good little slave and do it.
3) I quit.

I have to quit. I have to. I'm not gonna be bullied by these cunts.

You obviously hate this job. Look for another. Just find a new gig before you quit the old.

Good luck. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post